Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2013 12:16:06 PM EDT
PSA is offering SC prefix lowers for $149. My question- Is this something special for having the SC prefix in the serial number? $149 is a good price but is so special about it?
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
it is only special if you think having SC in the serial number of your lower makes it more desirable.  I myself don't understand why some people pay premiums to have consecutive number guns,  Yes it is unique but not worth any extra money to me.

Would anyone pay extra to have SC in the VIN of the new car you bought?  

In my opinion it is a novelty that a limited number of people are interested in, that is why they are making a run of only 500.  If it was so desirable to have SC in the serial number, why would a business stop at 500?  It does not cost any extra money to add this in the manufacturing process.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Its made by FN, which has only done lowers for the .mil so far.  Add that to a limited run, and PSA could charge $300/lower and people would still buy them.  Meh, I don't really care to have a special one, unless it was a nobo or you lie lower.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Just grab one of their blemished ones for 59$
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 4:00:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its made by FN, which has only done lowers for the .mil so far.  Add that to a limited run, and PSA could charge $300/lower and people would still buy them.  Meh, I don't really care to have a special one, unless it was a nobo or you lie lower.
View Quote

Are you sure they're from FN? The ad says these lowers have a set screw for a no-rattle fit. I assume FN lowers would be mil spec and they wouldn't retool for a small run with a set screw. I'm curious who made these for PSA.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 4:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Did anyone even bother to read the description?

right here in Columbia by a mil-spec contractor, these receivers are made using the most advanced manufacturing technology to produce the industry's finest forged lowers.

Now ask yourself, how many military small arms manufacturers are located in Columbia?
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 4:59:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I read the description in the PSA forum after I posted here. They must be made by FN.

If parts are made by a mil-spec contractor, but aren't mil-spec, are they still worth a 50% markup? I guess we'll see how fast they sell out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 5:08:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are you sure they're from FN? The ad says these lowers have a set screw for a no-rattle fit. I assume FN lowers would be mil spec and they wouldn't retool for a small run with a set screw. I'm curious who made these for PSA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is an established partnership between the two and based on the language they chose to to market these it would be reasonable to estimate that these are produced by FN.  The addition of the rear lug screw (if it's not present in the lowers they typically produce) could indicate that the partnership may continue beyond the units they've produced here.  The addition of the SC in the serial number is just a byproduct - that denotation serves to distinguish these lowers from the typical PSA lowers seemingly produced by a different shop.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#8]
The only other physical difference is that the new SC lowers are the low shelf style.  That allows you to add a drop in auto sear - assuming that you have one properly registered.

I dont think the normal PSA lowers are made by FN.  FN supplies barrels for them, and that is not a well kept secret though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The only other physical difference is that the new SC lowers are the low shelf style.  That allows you to add a drop in auto sear - assuming that you have one properly registered.

I dont think the normal PSA lowers are made by FN.  FN supplies barrels for them, and that is not a well kept secret though.
View Quote

The magwell bevel is different on these as well.  All PSA lowers to my knowledge are low shelf so that is not a novel addition.

If you're arguing these are typical lowers with just an SC inserted in the serial with then I disagree.  These are manufactured by someone else and it appears that someone else is FN.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The magwell bevel is different on these as well.  All PSA lowers to my knowledge are low shelf so that is not a novel addition.

If you're arguing these are typical lowers with just an SC inserted in the serial with then I disagree.  These are manufactured by someone else and it appears that someone else is FN.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aero Precision also made low shelf lowers for PSA.  They recently had some of these for sale (serial prefix AP).  Perhaps FN is getting ready to start making lowers for several companies like PSA, and is using PSA as the test case (hence the low number of product and the addition of the set screw).
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

right here in Columbia by a mil-spec contractor, these receivers are made using the most advanced manufacturing technology to produce the industry's finest forged lowers.

Now ask yourself, how many military small arms manufacturers are located in Columbia?
View Quote

PSA lies a lot...and will always go around a question on who makes, where made and quality of their products. You can look at questions asked about P-tac parts and see that or where/who/maker of their BCG and so on.I remember when they would tell everyone they milled their lowers in the back room of their Columbia shop LMAO. Ill go get a Spikes, DD, or BCM for $130 before a PSA. they best get back down to the $59 their lowers are worth and stop trying to run with the big dogs. Their lowers are nothing more than aero lowers that they have always been selling claiming as their own by the sales people in their stores. If you would really like to know what the price of these parts really cost them ask any employee off the record what the employee price is for their stuff ;) I have seen the price list

I'm sure this is going to bring a lot of hate replies but the truth is the truth.

FN supplies many people in the industry and every other group is proud to display FN. If FN was supplying these don't you think FN would be plastered on it the way they do the barrels? PSA has been caught in to many webs of lies and deceptive replies in the past to believe one word they post.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

PSA lies a lot...and will always go around a question on who makes, where made and quality of their products. You can look at questions asked about P-tac parts and see that or where/who/maker of their BCG and so on.I remember when they would tell everyone they milled their lowers in the back room of their Columbia shop LMAO. Ill go get a Spikes, DD, or BCM for $130 before a PSA. they best get back down to the $59 their lowers are worth and stop trying to run with the big dogs. Their lowers are nothing more than aero lowers that they have always been selling claiming as their own by the sales people in their stores. If you would really like to know what the price of these parts really cost them ask any employee off the record what the employee price is for their stuff ;) I have seen the price list

I'm sure this is going to bring a lot of hate replies but the truth is the truth.

FN supplies many people in the industry and every other group is proud to display FN. If FN was supplying these don't you think FN would be plastered on it the way they do the barrels? PSA has been caught in to many webs of lies and deceptive replies in the past to believe one word they post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

perhaps it is best to not trash, but instead to just discuss?  
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ummm....FN makes Spikes and PSA
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

if this was GD, you response would have been one of the following:

1) stupid 13'er
2) join date:check, post count:check

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:48:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd take the South Carolina Defense rollmark over an "SC" serial number any day for incorporating the state into the lower.  They were $75 each in store a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

1) stupid 13'er

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) stupid 13'er

WTF?  

What part don't you understand.  FN makes Spikes and PSA.

Read his rant.

There is also a 3rd party making parts. NOT AERO.

This is a forum so why do ass clowns think its cool to make fun of a join date?

Sorry for off topic Brohawk.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

WTF?  

Read his rant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) stupid 13'er

WTF?  

Read his rant.

I wasn't making fun of you, I was actually picking on myself being a 13'er...hence the wink.  I totally get that FN makes spikes and PSA.  As for Aero, they used to make lowers for PSA, and the prefix was AP.  PSA did recently release some AP lowers, whether they too were made by Aero I don't know.  Again, my response was totally in humor and how this thread WOULD have gone had it been GD.....
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I wasn't making fun of you, I was actually picking on myself being a 13'er...hence the wink.  I totally get that FN makes spikes and PSA.  As for Aero, they used to make lowers for PSA, and the prefix was AP.  PSA did recently release some AP lowers, whether they too were made by Aero I don't know.  Again, my response was totally in humor and how this thread WOULD have gone had it been GD.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1) stupid 13'er

WTF?  

Read his rant.

I don't think FN has previously made PSA lowers.

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd take the South Carolina Defense rollmark over an "SC" serial number any day for incorporating the state into the lower.  They were $75 each in store a couple weeks ago.
View Quote

have Got to get over there!
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they have a FB deal on right now, $55 shipped.  See my other post.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't think FN has previously made PSA lowers.

View Quote

My understanding is they haven't....up to this point it has mainly been barrels, but it is pretty obvious these new SC ones are FN made.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your 'information' is incorrect.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:46:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Why is this still going. Call psa and ask. If you dont trust them go look at lowers in store. If you dont trust them go buy somewhere else.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top