Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/11/2017 4:59:24 AM EDT
Word is out that PSA is closing their Farrow Rd location and is looking for properties more in line with their other retail stores. One possible location is the former Piggly Wiggly at Clemson and Hardscrabble roads.

The traffic on that section of Clemson road was a nightmare twenty years ago it has only gotten worse.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Word is out that PSA is closing their Farrow Rd location and is looking for properties more in line with their other retail stores. One possible location is the former Piggly Wiggly at Clemson and Hardscrabble roads.

The traffic on that section of Clemson road was a nightmare twenty years ago it has only gotten worse.
View Quote
--- Yep this! It was bad when I worked on that side of town 3 years ago, and I am sure its worse. At least the Farrow Rd/Executive Drive store is only about a mile off of I-77 with easy access when its not rush hour(s).
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't really make sense to have that little store in a huge building and they're paying a lease but still it's convenient.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll have to talk and try to get some details when I head over there this week.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The widening of Hardscrabble Rd should make things better.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The widening of Hardscrabble Rd should make things better.
View Quote
is there an I-77 exit for Hardscrabble?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]
No, but folks on i77 could exit at Killian rd, which eventually meets at that intersection. Killian then becomes Clemson rd as it crosses Hardscrabble.

Now you, however, would be coming down I-20, so just get off at the clemson rd exit and stay on it till you come across clemson @ hardscrabble. The new location should take 15mins off your drive.

I agree, that is a very busy intersection with seriously wonky traffic light timing, but putting PSA right there will make it much easier for folks travelling on I77 or I-20 to find. Just get off the interstate and continue down the road till you see PSA. Easy peasy.

People in rural areas like ridgeway and pontiac/elgin will ultimately have shorter travels to reach PSA. Plus that storefront will be humongous compared to the current location. This is a brilliant location.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:45:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Was in there today but didn't see JD to pin him down. I too had heard the rumors for a while that they were moving, I was told they were looking at Two Notch, but that was back around the first of the year. I kinda like where they are at but they do need more retail space. I really dislike the Fernandina store with all of the Call of Duty Warriors working there, I never get good customer service there. I hit Greenville this past Sunday and had a great visit at their store, and have also had good service at Summerville.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Was in there today but didn't see JD to pin him down. I too had heard the rumors for a while that they were moving, I was told they were looking at Two Notch, but that was back around the first of the year. I kinda like where they are at but they do need more retail space. I really dislike the Fernandina store with all of the Call of Duty Warriors working there, I never get good customer service there. I hit Greenville this past Sunday and had a great visit at their store PSA, and have also had good service at Summerville.
View Quote
This, i drive the extra 15mins to avoid Fernadina. They have the bigger store, stock, but never seem to have the parts I need. The service is always lackluster.

Farrow location has much better employees working, knowledgable, and somehow keeps an updated stock with correct prices. ... Even some of the workers at Farrow talk about how they can't stand Fernandina location..
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#10]
FYI, spoke with someone there, it's confirmed at piggly wiggly. Planning to close farrow for about a month in the transferring process and they are currently trying to open a range if possible there as well.

Just passing it along, and might wanna go get stuff there if you need it before they close up for a month or so
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:37:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Moving sale???
PSA if you see this, how bout it?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Is PSA currently doing any renovations at their new planned location? Hard to imagine that they wouldn't be.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is PSA currently doing any renovations at their new planned location? Hard to imagine that they wouldn't be.
View Quote
He didn't mention it, but to be fair, i didn't ask. I would imagine they would HAVE to do renovations though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He didn't mention it, but to be fair, i didn't ask. I would imagine they would HAVE to do renovations though.
View Quote
Well, if they want to build an indoor range there, yeah I would imagine so.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well, if they want to build an indoor range there, yeah I would imagine so.
View Quote
At the time they were trying to get the "OK" to put a range in, they had not been given the go ahead yet. But either way, hopefully they keep their qualify if service when they move.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm big on the pig...

too bad they closed that store on hard scrabble... or is it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I misunderstood where this location is. The spot i was thinking used to be a Food Lion. The old Piggly Wiggly is across hardscrabble (same side of clemson), next to the Little Ceasars, behind the CVS.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I misunderstood where this location is. The spot i was thinking used to be a Food Lion. The old Piggly Wiggly is across hardscrabble (same side of clemson), next to the Little Ceasars, behind the CVS.
View Quote
you are correct on the old location of the old Piggily wiggily Site location Actually.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I was in the Farrow Rd. store yesterday and inquired as to a closing date. Store staff said they didn't yet know.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was in the Farrow Rd. store yesterday and inquired as to a closing date. Store staff said they didn't yet know.
View Quote
A better indicator would be to go by the Pig and see what its looking like.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So I wonder if we will be able to have web order pickup at fernandina now?
View Quote
That would really be nice, but I doubt it will happen. I still think they should have a "will call" room at the warehouse.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So I wonder if we will be able to have web order pickup at fernandina now?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#24]
they wanna do away with in store pickup entirely.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
they wanna do away with in store pickup entirely.
View Quote
I don't think they're looking to get rid of in-store pick up all together but I do think they're trying to minimize/eliminate in-store pick up on items the stores have in-stock. The stores do a lot of work receiving/processing/preparing these orders for customers and yet they receive little to no credit for the sale. It's extremely frustrating for them when they do all of this work for an order of an item(s) they have in-stock in the stores. I realize the "me first/I want it now/I'm lazy and fear social interaction so I shop online" society we live in today and the customers don't give a damn about what goes into getting them their orders but there is a lot of work that goes into these in-store pickup orders. I can understand the stores' frustrations when they have to devote manpower and pay roll to a sale they could've made in-store but instead receive little to no credit for it since it was placed online. Their in-store pickup system is far from perfect or efficient so I have no problem if they're looking to revamp/improve it. Call me old fashion but I still prefer shopping in the stores and actually interacting with the staffs. Silly, I know.

I've been told many times the main reason the Fernandina store doesn't do in-store pickups is because of the lack of storage/back stock space to house the online orders. I've seen the countless pallets of in-store pickup orders JD and his crew receive at Farrow but at least they have the old warehouse to "store" those orders. Fernandina doesn't have that available space to neatly organize and house those orders.

GCO, I believe your "source" may have chosen their words based on frustration.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Call me old fashion but I still prefer shopping in the stores and actually interacting with the staffs. Silly, I know.
View Quote
This is contingent on whether or not the staff (at Fernandina) chooses to interact with you the customer. That, and 99 times out of 100 the Fernandina store is OOS of whatever I"m after.

I have a pretty good idea that the level of customer service at the new Columbia location will sink to that of the Fernandina store.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#27]
When was the last time you went to the Fernandina location? They've made a lot of changes there and I hear more are coming. I go to both Columbia stores but, I'm closer to Fernandina. I've always had good experiences there.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When was the last time you went to the Fernandina location? They've made a lot of changes there and I hear more are coming. I go to both Columbia stores but, I'm closer to Fernandina. I've always had good experiences there.
View Quote
It's clear there are those that favor the Farrow store and there's nothing wrong with that, but some take it step further and bash Fernandina just because it's not Farrow.

Fernandina is a different type of store all together and they have a different clientele. The "tacticool" crowd that shops exclusively at Farrow don't like the fact that Fernandina offers hunting, archery and fishing product and attracts what they call "fudds." The Farrow store is what PSA retail use to be. The future for PSA retail is going to reflect their Summerville store. The owner still holds the Farrow store in a special place because it was his first store. That said, it's far from a top producer for PSA and in all honesty, moving the Farrow store to a slightly larger store and opening a range in it is only going to cannibalize from the Fernandina store and range. What they gain in the Farrow store, they'll lose in the Fernandina store so at best, it's a push. Factor in the added expense of the new location (versus the lack of expense in the old location) and you'll actually be at a net loss. More is not always better.

Fernandina has made some major changes and they're working on changing even more. They see exponentially more customers than the Farrow store so when any of their associates have a bad day, it's seen by far more customers and therefore turns into Fernandina provides poor customer service. The associates in Fernandina also have far more responsibilities than the Farrow staff. Covering al of the needs of a 13000sq ft store and a 4500sq ft fishing store is a bit more demanding than covering the needs of a 1000sq ft store with nowhere near the varying product lines.

Retail associates are people too and they have good days and bad days. Being able to put that aside and provide perfect customer service is easier said than done unless you're someone that has never worked in customer service, that is. In the grand scheme of things, PSA retail is still relatively young. They've only had retails stores for5-7 years and it seems like every time they open a new store, it's nothing like any of their existing stores so they're having to "start from scratch" with something new every time a new store opens so they haven't really had a chance to "perfect" their processes. Once they establish some consistency within their retail division, I believe we'll see them start to hone and perfect their retail approach and their customers will reap the benefits.

One thing that does chap my ass though is the [people that come on to ARFCOM or social media and bitch and complain about their experience in a PSA retail store yet they never ask to speak with a manager while in the store. PSA retail stores have signs in their stores telling customers to ask to speak with a manager if they have a bad experience or have any questions yet everyone's first reaction is to run to their smart phones or computers to voice their displeasure as opposed to handling it like an adult and dealing with the matter face to face. Management can be more effective in dealing with issues if they're made about them ASAP, not hours, days or weeks later when they stumble across them on social media or public forums. Those people that do this aren't interested in "fixing" anything," they're simply looking to bitch and complain.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Within the past week.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought everyone was being civil.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#32]
One thing that would cut down on in store pickup and drive foot traffic would be to honor web prices in the stores. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. It appears totally random and when you ask, the employees look at you like you're fucking stupid. When they do that, I just walk out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
One thing that would cut down on in store pickup and drive foot traffic would be to honor web prices in the stores. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. It appears totally random and when you ask, the employees look at you like you're fucking stupid. When they do that, I just walk out.
View Quote
It's not random in my experience. It was explained to me at the Fernandina store that they will honor any web price that isn't a "Daily Deal" or other online-only sale price. Pretty straightforward, I think. And if you get a cashier who isn't aware of the policy, simply be patient and ask them to check with a supervisor.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's not random in my experience. It was explained to me at the Fernandina store that they will honor any web price that isn't a "Daily Deal" or other online-only sale price. Pretty straightforward, I think. And if you get a cashier who isn't aware of the policy, simply be patient and ask them to check with a supervisor.
View Quote
This is EXACTLY the policy and is completely straight forward. Every PSA retail store operates under said policy and has for quite a while.  Like I mentioned before, if there is confusion, or if people feel like an associate is looking at you "like you're fucking stupid," be an adult and ask to speak with a manager so they can address the issue and lend assistance. If people don't do that and they leave with unanswered questions, well, the associate might be on to something.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't think they're looking to get rid of in-store pick up all together but I do think they're trying to minimize/eliminate in-store pick up on items the stores have in-stock. The stores do a lot of work receiving/processing/preparing these orders for customers and yet they receive little to no credit for the sale. It's extremely frustrating for them when they do all of this work for an order of an item(s) they have in-stock in the stores. I realize the "me first/I want it now/I'm lazy and fear social interaction so I shop online" society we live in today and the customers don't give a damn about what goes into getting them their orders but there is a lot of work that goes into these in-store pickup orders. I can understand the stores' frustrations when they have to devote manpower and pay roll to a sale they could've made in-store but instead receive little to no credit for it since it was placed online. Their in-store pickup system is far from perfect or efficient so I have no problem if they're looking to revamp/improve it. Call me old fashion but I still prefer shopping in the stores and actually interacting with the staffs. Silly, I know.

I've been told many times the main reason the Fernandina store doesn't do in-store pickups is because of the lack of storage/back stock space to house the online orders. I've seen the countless pallets of in-store pickup orders JD and his crew receive at Farrow but at least they have the old warehouse to "store" those orders. Fernandina doesn't have that available space to neatly organize and house those orders.

GCO, I believe your "source" may have chosen their words based on frustration.
View Quote
I dont think they're looking to, but i can see why they would *want* to.  Hence my statement about they wanting to.  The way the company is structured in my opinion makes it difficult to make in store pickup easy.  I've personally resorted to calling a store and saying hey, i see this on daily deal, you got that in stock? or what can we do to get me something like that around that price point, and because of the customer service of those stores being OUTFREAKINGSTANDING they work to get a item close to it for me.  I'm not saying everyone should do that, as the stores would be way overloaded if they tried, but i am saying that if the daily deals were planned out a week in advance with "limited stock" allocated to each store, it may make things a lot easier on the complaints in that respect about those daily deals not being in store.  

You are old fashioned, but thats not bad :)  personally i like both. If im bored at work i'll impulse buy online (or did when i had money) therefore the online stuff was good for me.  I personally love going to the stores though and interacting with the staffs, hell half the time i go to visit just to see and shoot the breeze with them.  

Fernandinas space is small for storage.  You are totally right there.  and the white building would be good for backstock, but idk how much they really pay attention to it so....

my source(s)* may have chosen them from frusteration at many times, but when the upper management shits on the best store teams, well the math dont take algebra to figure as to why they are frusterated.
lol.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is contingent on whether or not the staff (at Fernandina) chooses to interact with you the customer. That, and 99 times out of 100 the Fernandina store is OOS of whatever I"m after.

I have a pretty good idea that the level of customer service at the new Columbia location will sink to that of the Fernandina store.
View Quote
in fairness i've noticed a decrease in friendliness since Casey has moved to the range and off the floor.  that said everytime i go they are polite and ask if i need help at fern.  

Since some of farrows staff moved to fernandina ive noticed the stock levels have risen.. and now that trumps in office, they're fully stocked just about.. so its nice to see them with stock i need (but lately cant afford lol)
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's clear there are those that favor the Farrow store and there's nothing wrong with that, but some take it step further and bash Fernandina just because it's not Farrow.

Fernandina is a different type of store all together and they have a different clientele. The "tacticool" crowd that shops exclusively at Farrow don't like the fact that Fernandina offers hunting, archery and fishing product and attracts what they call "fudds." The Farrow store is what PSA retail use to be. The future for PSA retail is going to reflect their Summerville store. The owner still holds the Farrow store in a special place because it was his first store. That said, it's far from a top producer for PSA and in all honesty, moving the Farrow store to a slightly larger store and opening a range in it is only going to cannibalize from the Fernandina store and range. What they gain in the Farrow store, they'll lose in the Fernandina store so at best, it's a push. Factor in the added expense of the new location (versus the lack of expense in the old location) and you'll actually be at a net loss. More is not always better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So if farrow gets the "tacticool" folks, fernandina gets the 'bubba'd crowd?  I think they both get a fair number of both.  Yes, Farrow doesnt have hunting, archery, or fishing, for the 'fudds or bubbas but lets be honest where would you put it. thats why the new store is so needed for the farrow location... however i'll take it a step further, i'll say this, as much as i love farrow, why not do this, close farrow.  yes i said it.  Move the managment to fernandina, (as store manager) and let JD run the show.  Is columbia really that big that it needs two PSA mega stores in a trump era presidency? you've seen the sales of what PSA is offering on daily deals, when was the last time a sub 400.00 ar would support that much sales?  I dont think its a wise decision in the political and purchasing climate of today at all.  I think giving your best store manager in columbia the best store is the best solution fiscally.  I also think that if you do that, stay the F*ck out of his managment business unless absolutely needed (and im speaking to upper management and the new corporate office folks here that are moving right down the road from Fernandina) i get having to interact for business purposes, but dont micromanage him. Let him sink, or float.  Give incentives to him, sales goals, and rewards.  watch that store frigging shine then... but i digress...  So i guess i am agreeing in a way with more not being better.  I disagree though, on another aspect. I dont think it would pull from fernandina as much as you think/say.  

Quoted:
Fernandina has made some major changes and they're working on changing even more. They see exponentially more customers than the Farrow store so when any of their associates have a bad day, it's seen by far more customers and therefore turns into Fernandina provides poor customer service. The associates in Fernandina also have far more responsibilities than the Farrow staff. Covering al of the needs of a 13000sq ft store and a 4500sq ft fishing store is a bit more demanding than covering the needs of a 1000sq ft store with nowhere near the varying product lines.
yes they have and its showing. Im liking what im seeing, but there needs to be high level mgmt changes, i'd also get some of your best employees out of the range and give them better mgmt positions.  You're right about the volume and the bad days, but lets be real... turnover at fern is HUGE.  they cant keep counter clerks, and the ones worht a shit they dont reward.  10.00 an hour aint gonna keep good help in todays day and age.  you can say the associates have more responsibilities, but last i checked they have vastly more staff too, so that points a wash.  

Quoted:
Retail associates are people too and they have good days and bad days. Being able to put that aside and provide perfect customer service is easier said than done unless you're someone that has never worked in customer service, that is. In the grand scheme of things, PSA retail is still relatively young. They've only had retails stores for5-7 years and it seems like every time they open a new store, it's nothing like any of their existing stores so they're having to "start from scratch" with something new every time a new store opens so they haven't really had a chance to "perfect" their processes. Once they establish some consistency within their retail division, I believe we'll see them start to hone and perfect their retail approach and their customers will reap the benefits.
yeah thats a fact.  but being happy in your job helps those bad days not being as bad, that means fair compensation, not overworked, not yelled at for b.s. by mgmt, proper managment, proper training, etc, and no god complexes.  The start from scratch has been ironed out now with every store being reset to the Summerville look/system/model. I look forward to that a lot.  Summerville is a jewel, and wish fern was that.  they really need to find a new store location like they did for summerville for columbia be it one or two stores.  Consistancy on the store setup is only one small facet of the issues, logistics logistics, logistics is another.  a true POS system that orders 1 for every 1 item sold, helps keep the stores shelves stocked for example. PSA still doesent have that. having your manager titles restrucutred in your warehouse where folks loose their role as manager and become "supervisors" but yet take on more work, doesnt help things at the distribution warehouse too, so theres alot of that to be fixed as well.  having your upper managment at a corporate level all over the place, I.E. ooh Squirrell!!! with ideas doesnt help.  focus  is needed.  Look at the AK issues with gen1 and then the issues again with gen 2 where they just kaboom the trunions.. smh..

Quoted:
One thing that does chap my ass though is the [people that come on to ARFCOM or social media and bitch and complain about their experience in a PSA retail store yet they never ask to speak with a manager while in the store. PSA retail stores have signs in their stores telling customers to ask to speak with a manager if they have a bad experience or have any questions yet everyone's first reaction is to run to their smart phones or computers to voice their displeasure as opposed to handling it like an adult and dealing with the matter face to face. Management can be more effective in dealing with issues if they're made about them ASAP, not hours, days or weeks later when they stumble across them on social media or public forums. Those people that do this aren't interested in "fixing" anything," they're simply looking to bitch and complain.
i agree with this 100%. if psa is given notice they fix it.  If its in store, the store mgmt i deal with at both locations are stellar and fix it immediately either on phone, in store, or even on facebook.  bitching on arfcom gets attention though, so thats how folks do it. its the modern age. No one wants to actually talk in person to someone abotu an issue. lol smh..

so yeah, we agree on much.. yet again.

also, all this text you and the rest posted, is why i waited till my class was done so i could reply. lol
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
they do as long as its not daily deals.  Just show them the add on your smartphone if they have an issue ask for mgr. they always fix it for me.
either store.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#39]
GCO, clean out your inbox! You're better than that, man!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
GCO, clean out your inbox! You're better than that, man!
View Quote
sorry, having this basic account is somethign im not used to.  but after being banned and put into the b.s. that arfcom did to me when i used to post a ton in the PSA forum i flat out refuse to support them financially.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#41]
also, speaking of the columbia stores...

the fern store is looking better and better with the remodel.  nice job to them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#42]
What are they building off to the north-ish side where there was (?) an archery shooting lane?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What are they building off to the north-ish side where there was (?) an archery shooting lane?
View Quote
well they had a testing range already that was parallell with the hunting area they added on a few years ago.  usually (9 out of 10 times) i never saw folks in it testing archery stuff,but when i had my bow adjusted i did and it was nice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#44]
well PSA Farrow announced this today:

Yes it is true. The sun is setting on our beloved Farrow store. We will be closing doors on August 27, 2017. We will be reopening in the near future at a different location. I will address any comments or concerns as they come. We look forward to serving you temporarily at our sister store, Fernandina. Each one of you make our store and our company what it is, and I thank you for that.
View Quote
so i guess we'll see what happens next.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#45]
"Yes it is true. The sun is setting on our beloved Farrow store. We will be closing doors on August 27, 2017. We will be reopening in the near future at a different location. I will address any comments or concerns as they come. We look forward to serving you temporarily at our sister store, Fernandina. Each one of you make our store and our company what it is, and I thank you for that."

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Why would this be seen as anything other than a good thing? It's not like they're closing for good.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#47]
I forgot to post this yesterday.  Fernandina is resetting the entire sales floor.  They've invested in decent shelving that all matches.  The ammo stays on heavy wooden shelves.  Everything else is migrating to blue-painted steel shelves with wood trim.  Looks nice.  Gone is all that black wire rack stuff.  

Optics moved to the front of the store where the AR parts and knives were.  The AR pattern rifles are now where the semi-auto shotguns and red dot optics used to be.  You no longer need binoculars to see the ARs from the counter.  

But alas, I too will miss Farrow.  The service there was generally very good to excellent.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#48]
yeah the store reset looks good thus far.  As for farrow closing, JD's team moving to fern temporarily is a good thing. I just hope that if they build a new store for farrow at the place previously discussed, that it will be better for JD and his team. JD should have been running fern imho long ago.  Having the new location at clemson/hard scrabble is fine and all, but i fear its too far from the interstate to attract the volume fern gets. time will tell.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#49]
The Little Big Store will be missed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Well it would have made sense, in my mind anyways, to have a sale so they don't have to inventory and move as much but sadly they didn't do that.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top