User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:21:49 PM EDT
deleted
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm gonna be there. just wondering.. Usually we have one of these posts every month. Anybody bringing anything different?.

Hmmm...no. Same old stuff. February is the sniper match (I'll bring something different). The SEBR will make it's appearance March most likely.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I might show up.......I have some ass kicking to do
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I am so there. Anybody want to carpool from SE Portland? BSW

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I plan on showing up in leu of the "unofficial" group shoot.  The ammo supply is running low.  If I stop buying stuff off the EE I'll need to run down to Outdoor Marksman and resupply the ammo cache.  I refuse to return to PR with that damn mini-y, so I'll probably be bringing the 20" bushy post ban HBAR.

BSW, you bringing Pyke along?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]
THANK YOU GLOCK MAN!!!!

BSW I'm in Milwaukie i'll carpool with you.

Glockman i'm heading to outdoor marksman tomarrow IM me with what you need.. if i have the cash i'll pick it up and you can get me back..

Ummm i'm bringing my AK /w KOBRA!!!

in otherwords no nothing new...

Jess
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I plan on showing up in leu of the "unofficial" group shoot.  The ammo supply is running low.  If I stop buying stuff off the EE I'll need to run down to Outdoor Marksman and resupply the ammo cache.  I refuse to return to PR with that damn mini-y, so I'll probably be bringing the 20" bushy post ban HBAR.

BSW, you bringing Pyke along?

deja vu.......I think I'm gonna bring the ol' Kalishnikov this match though....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
THANK YOU GLOCK MAN!!!!

Glockman i'm heading to outdoor marksman tomarrow IM me with what you need.. if i have the cash i'll pick it up and you can get me back..

Jess

You're quite welcome.  I said if, if I stop buying stuff on the EE.  I haven't stopped yet.  I'm working on replacing my silly post ban barrel's.  To replace the mini-Y I've picked up a 14.5 Colt M4 barrel with a perm attached extended A2.  Hopefully it will show up next week.  I don't have tools to replace it yet, but once I do I'll be selling the old barrel to rebuild the cache of gun money.  

Thanks though!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#9]
deleted
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Your brake is not like the Mini-Y comp...the y comp is much more annoying!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Mini Y.. hehe My Carbon 15 puts out a different style back pressure and large flash from muzzel.. I wonder if RO will get same issue with your Mini Y.. the Break has 5 direction 180 degrees Horizontal ports and one large on in center. All jetting upwards but the 2 on each side expell gas like your Mini Y.. LOL this is going to be fun.

Yes Gunkata, you need many more accessories to be as annoying as a Y comp. BSW
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]
 I'm going! Bringing the same old stuff though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#14]
What trigger group do you have in it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#16]
deleted
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well i hope we don't have the "DON'T KNOCK OVER THE 2X4" Cover thing when you shoot because i'm sure the upward Jet will flip it off the barrel.

WTF???

STAY AWAY FROM THE  

I don't know what he's talking about either.

But, why do you have the anti-walk things in there if you just have the standard trigger pack? Did you cut the wrong spring?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm in.  

Anyone interested in Breakfast at Rose's?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Pretty sure thats a given!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Pretty sure thats a given!

Thats me - firm grasp of the obvious.  See you all Saturday.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well i hope we don't have the "DON'T KNOCK OVER THE 2X4" Cover thing when you shoot because i'm sure the upward Jet will flip it off the barrel.

WTF???

STAY AWAY FROM THE  

But, why do you have the anti-walk things in there if you just have the standard trigger pack? Did you cut the wrong spring?

He's talking about the stage with the 1x2's lying flat across the top of a barrel, where you had to shoot from each side of the barrel, using it as cover.

He's worried his muzzle brake might knock them off the top of the barrel, thereby giving him a penalty.

I say just pick 'em up and throw 'em at the targets...  That's sure to impress the R.O.!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
He's talking about the stage with the 1x2's lying flat across the top of a barrel, where you had to shoot from each side of the barrel, using it as cover.

He's worried his muzzle brake might knock them off the top of the barrel, thereby giving him a penalty.

I say just pick 'em up and throw 'em at the targets...  That's sure to impress the R.O.!

Yeah...but why. There's no brake on the end?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:13:11 AM EDT
[#25]
deleted
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF???

STAY AWAY FROM THE  

I've done that with my y-comp...  mine aint a miny though..  its a full on 3 port Y-comp baby.  And I aint takin' it off.  Suffer.

Mark.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll give you $5 if you do
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm interested in going but have never been out there before. I have a 6920 that's been begging to be taken out. Can anyone give directions? What are the usual start and end times? Is XP855 OK, or is steel-core a no-no?

Briansmithwins, I might be interested in carpooling--I'm in close-in NE PDX. I'd be happy to drive if you know where it is. I'll try to email you later this week or feel free to email me. I don't check my IMs here very often.

ETA: Post 556!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'm interested in going but have never been out there before. I have a 6920 that's been begging to be taken out. Can anyone give directions? What are the usual start and end times? Is XP855 OK, or is steel-core a no-no?

Briansmithwins, I might be interested in carpooling--I'm in close-in NE PDX. I'd be happy to drive if you know where it is. I'll try to email you later this week or feel free to email me. I don't check my IMs here very often.

Welcome - there's a tacked thread with most of what you'll need.  Hope to see you there.Practical Rifle
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#30]
See ya there and yes Steel Core is a Big no-no if your caught using steel core you will be DQed from the match...

Even the wolf bi-metal jacket stuff is a no no

Jess

*BTW this is becuse it will distroy the steel targets*
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:43:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
See ya there and yes Steel Core is a Big no-no if your caught using steel core you will be DQed from the match...

and maybe even buy yourself a nice steel target to take home with you...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:45:47 AM EDT
[#32]
New Faces are always Welcomed to all the matches. You will be knowned as a Tyro as your first time at the match. from then on you are no longer in that status. First timers will need to be sponsered and it's no problem since everyone there and most anyone from Arfcom will sponsor you. Just remember to make sure you have a case for your rifle that can be easily opened and ready for action since your rifle will always be cased until it is your turn to shoot. Sometimes the stage will involve you uncasing your rifle and then shooting and your ready time is included on your score. For some people i've seen using the nice tactical field canvas type cases that have their AR's strapped in, It can cause you to lose time. standard hard case or a sinple tactical case with easy unzip or latch cases you save time. Keep that in mind. Always bring a pistol since some times a stage will require you to use a pistol. If you don't have one  don't worry as someone will generally let your barrow theirs.. Anarx knows i let him barrow mine.

edit to add: Don't worry about what you wear and some people wear mil surplus BDU's of some sorts and knee pads for action shooting. Just don't wear NEON GREEN ONes.. it's offensive to people eyes and can cause retinal damage hence lowering other people scores.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Very cool!
Hope to see you there! Show up at ROses at 7am (NOAIM, got those great directions to ROses handy?), and we will get you set up! Please read the link provided for the reqs of your first match. After that, you can pretty much pack however you want.

Take care
CH
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll get the directions fo Rose's.

I'm going to sit this one out. I'm having issues with the AK I have. The POI keeps dropping. After about ~600-1000 rounds it has dropped nearly 12" at 50yards. I'm going to stop shooting it until I can figure out WTH is going on with it.

My Bushy will not be in until Tuesday/Wednesday and I'll have no time to sight-in/break-in before the weekend.

So, I'll take a relaxing weekend. Probably meet up with you guys at TCGC around noon-time to see how things are going (and sight in my new rifle).

Now I know one of you will try to offer to let me use their rifle. While I appreciate the thought, I'll take the time to get my long distance AR running well enough for the sniper match and get the Bushy dialled in.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#35]
That's why I have more than one rifle...

You know the answer.....it's yours if'n ya want...

Now......do you have the Kobra mounted? I assume so, because POI is moving on ya. I know you probably have allready, but check the adjustment screws to see if they loosened up, and check your side-rail to see if it is loose.

Oh, and quit being a puss and come shoot anyway....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now......do you have the Kobra mounted? I assume so, because POI is moving on ya. I know you probably have allready, but check the adjustment screws to see if they loosened up, and check your side-rail to see if it is loose.

what he said.  

M4 is yours if ya want it, just irons though, my eothigny has not made it yet
(waits for smart assed comment from cape on not another aimpoint)

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'll get the directions fo Rose's.

I'm going to sit this one out. I'm having issues with the AK I have. The POI keeps dropping. After about ~600-1000 rounds it has dropped nearly 12" at 50yards. I'm going to stop shooting it until I can figure out WTH is going on with it.

My Bushy will not be in until Tuesday/Wednesday and I'll have no time to sight-in/break-in before the weekend.

So, I'll take a relaxing weekend. Probably meet up with you guys at TCGC around noon-time to see how things are going (and sight in my new rifle).

Now I know one of you will try to offer to let me use their rifle. While I appreciate the thought, I'll take the time to get my long distance AR running well enough for the sniper match and get the Bushy dialled in.

OK, thats two different excuses you have used to try and get out of this match. What gives? What is REALLY going on? Zit on your nose? Twitch in your right eye? Roids? Your turn to the the "Pole" at the ghey bar? What is it?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Glory hole accident....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Glory hole accident....

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Petagunner,

What is that rail? and what length gas system?

It looks longer than a 9.5

Cheers

Quoted:
Not sure which configuration I'll shoot it in for the PR, guess I'll find out which one I like tmrw after I've put a few hundred rounds down it href=img204.imageshack.us/img204/2057/middy120ia.jpg

W/  M2 aimpoint
img228.imageshack.us/img228/2578/middy222wp.jpg

I'm still missing a few things for this one that are on order, a Magpul MIAD grip kit, M93B stock, an Eotech and a Larue riser for the eothingy as well. Oh, rail covers as well, but I've got gloves. Don't think they will be here by the time PR shows up, but I'll make due!

ETA:resize the king kong version downhr
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Petagunner,

It looks longer than a 9.5

Pssst.....Airsoft
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Thinking about dropping by for the match.

Total PR noob so here's my planned setup:

Bushy M4gery with EOTech, 30 rnd mags
Glock 17L

I have a pistol belt with cheap thigh holster and mag pouches.  I'll probably bring that.

Couple questions:

I only have two 17 rnd mags and one 33rnd mag for the Glock.  Do they have some sort of rules concerning this?

So steel CASED Wolf is not allowed?

I don't have a pouch suitable for AR mags, how many shoudl I need to have on me, assuming average use of ammo?

Can I use my Beta C mag?  I have a pouch for that.

ETA:  Do I need a chamber flag?  I don't have one of those...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Glock 17L perfect

I have a pistol belt with cheap thigh holster and mag pouches.  I'll probably bring that.

Couple questions:

I only have two 17 rnd mags and one 33rnd mag for the Glock.  Do they have some sort of rules concerning this? you'll only need the two 17's, we don't shoot that much pistol

So steel CASED Wolf is not allowed? Steel cased is fine, steel content in bullet is not. You mostly run into this problem with 7.62x39.....to my knowledge .223 is fine, no bi-metal jacket.

I don't have a pouch suitable for AR mags, how many shoudl I need to have on me, assuming average use of ammo? As many as you feel you need.....I know, doesn't help...I usually have 3 on me, but rarely use all in 1 stage. BDU's are a plus (cargo pockets!)

Can I use my Beta C mag?  I have a pouch for that. You wouldn't be the 1st...

ETA..........make sure you show up to breakfast so we can harass the shit outta ya before the match
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Well, basically it's like this:

- Fire off a few to see where the Kobra is zeroed. Okay...About 5 inches low. This was a POI shift from the sight-in to the night match I experienced. Thought it was from me taking the Kobra off to clean, then back on without a re-sight.

- Adjust Kobra POI up. Shoot again. Same impact point.

- Adjust Kobra POI up again. Same impact point (roughly). I see it moving (used a bore sighter to watch reticle movement). Adjust it to the stops. Still low.

- Decide to say screw it and go to irons. The irons were sighted in dead on (well, for an AK) at 50 yards. 12-14 inches low. They haven't been touched since before PR.

SOMETHING is up that is causing the rifle impact to be low. a foot shift at 50 yards....? And this is consistent. First PR, the first stages went well. The latter part stages, I ended up shooting way low...about 4-6 inches at 80 yards. So I re-zero. Shot the night match, ended up shooting things about 8 inches low. And then this.

So, the rifle is out of commission until I get a chance to look at it. Something ain't right.

Anyway, thanks again for the offers. I am going to sit this one out. With work going to be hell this week, 3 items for delivery this week, and next week being the gunshow, I need some time over the weekend to get things straightened out.

Either that, or I'm afraid WS4LIF will try to sell me his nice man-bag.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
The POI keeps dropping. After about ~600-1000 rounds it has dropped nearly 12" at 50yards.

That's a lot of drop if it's with the irons. Did it happen slowly or all at once?  Does it do it with several different types of ammo or just one?

Some rifles change POI in the winter. The Winter drop in temp might be a factor if it's scoped. Steel and aluminum react differently to temp changes and can throw off a scope.  Bullets slow down and powder might not burn as fast when cold.  

For now try cleaning the barrel with a copper solvent.

And check your tire pressure.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Glock 17L

Couple questions:

I only have two 17 rnd mags and one 33rnd mag for the Glock.  Do they have some sort of rules concerning this?

So steel CASED Wolf is not allowed?

I don't have a pouch suitable for AR mags, how many shoudl I need to have on me, assuming average use of ammo?

Can I use my Beta C mag?  I have a pouch for that.

ETA:  Do I need a chamber flag?  I don't have one of those...

My first match I had the old AK. I used on average 1-2 mags of rifle ammo (about 1.25) per stage. I would have the one in the rifle, and one each in my back pockets.

Pistol stages...you usually only need 2 mags, but if you suck and can't hit targets (like some of us) you might need a third (also if one jams on you...like some Glock 21 mags have in the past).

Steel cased .223 Wolf is okay. It's the "bi-metal jacket" stuff that has enough steel content to screw up the metal rifle targets. You break 'em, you buy 'em. Check with a magnet.

No limit on mag size. Beta C-Mag, AK drum, 33rd Glock mags, whatever. You'll see it all.

Some stages have mandatory re-loads.

Some targets are 10 yards, others 200-250 yards.

More or less, go, enjoy yourself, and pay attention to what other people are doing to learn from their set ups. A couple of guys have tried chest rigs, full vests, drop leg mag holders, etc. See what you like.

Also, with the weather as it is, prepare to get muddy. Hands, feet, rifle case etc. pribbz is usually pretty gung-ho and will go prone even in the soup. To keep your bags out of the mud, a lot of people will either place them on the berms or on a folding chair. Personally, I got tired of hauling the chair around.

From stage to stage, I just use an old gym bag with my loader, mags, ammo, batteries etc. Best to load your mags before you come.

Anyway, treat your first match as a learning experience. From there you can tailor your loadout to what works.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#49]
So it's still moving even with irons? Wierd......maybe you bumped too many times and your barrel has drooped.........you got a flash-hider or brake on it? Might be hitting and throwing it off...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#50]

I think spotty cat African ammo does not like the cold.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top