Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2003 4:14:34 PM EDT
AW4ever and I are planning on meeting up for this one and going to millers afterword if any of you want ot join. Havnt seen the extended forcast yet but my fingers are crossed. IVe never been to a pro show but Ive heard its a little better than Bill Goodmans. Has anyone been to one care to chime in?
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I can make Millers but just ain't got the jack to even wander around a show.  Fortunatly the ammo supply is at a comfortable level.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can make Millers but just ain't got the jack to even wander around a show.  Fortunatly the ammo supply is at a comfortable level.

Well hell!, meet us at the show and just drool! I cant afford much either but we can still drool
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Wish I had the money to go. I'm gonna try and hit the one right after Christmas, or maybe after the 1st of the year. 'Sides, Hilliard is a little closer to me anyhow.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Twist my arm why don't ya.   Guess I can bring the drool bucket.. maybe sell it enough as a 'one of a kind never going to be able to buy one of these again 'cause thier going to ban them'  kind of thing.   Where you meeting up?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#5]
At the show...when you pull in theres a gravel lot off to the right. We can meet there. 10:30 works for me. I think Im gonna pic up some wolf .223 this time.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#6]
10:30 Saturday?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#7]
yea saturday...unless you guys would rather wait till sunday.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm assuming that this is in the same building as last weekend's show?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes the show will be in the same building. It will probably be at the other end though.
There is a DEFENCE WALK on Sunday in Wilmington. If we meet on Sunday then we could all go to do the walk. It is susposed start at 1:00 I think.
If anyone is interested let me know and I will check on all the details.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry guys I got my dates wrong. The Wilmington walk is on the 16th. There is a walk in Norwood on the 8th though.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sorry guys I got my dates wrong. The Wilmington walk is on the 16th. There is a walk in Norwood on the 8th though.

AW4EVER...When/where is that Norowood D-walk?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#12]
The Norwood walk is on Nov. 8 at 12:30
Norwood is a suburb of Cincinnati.
More info can be found on the web site
Ohioans For Concealed Carry
I would post a link but I'm a computer idiot.HTH
Paul
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Just found out about the Norwood walk today myself.

It's at Victory Park (across from Thriftway on Montgomery Rd.) at 12:30 Saturday afternoon.

As I live in Norwood, I'll be doing the walk and may hit the show on Sunday.  I have to replace a catalytic converter on my daughter's car this weekend so I'll have to play it by ear.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, my vote is we meet at the show saturday morn and then drive to norwood. Skip the shooting saturday. IM definetely going shooting sunday. Both saturday and sunday are supposed to be partly clowdy with highs in the mid 40's but sunday will be slightly warmer. Im up for the wilmington walk too. WHat say you?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#16]
As I'm heading to Cincinnati anyway, sounds good to me, will just go shooting on Sunday or in Cincy though its not nearly as relaxed as Millers.  

Directions to the park from Wilmington would be:
71 SOUTH
Exit 8B (562 West)
Take the first exit from 562 (Montgomery Rd)
Turn LEFT on Norwood Ave (at end of ramp)
LEFT at the light (Montgomery Rd)
Park is about half a mile on the Right

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for changing plans TZ and posting directions. Its been bothering me for awhile that I had/have complained about Ohios CCW law but not done anything about it. I dont have a right to complain if IM not willing to sacrifice some time to help change the laws. I'll meet you at millers sunday if you feel like...I'll be their anyways.

We should coax SBR-7_11 into coming and wearing his SB AR on his hip! That really has a potential to ruin a soccer moms day
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
As I'm heading to Cincinnati anyway, sounds good to me, will just go shooting on Sunday or in Cincy though its not nearly as relaxed as Millers.  

Directions to the park from Wilmington would be:
71 SOUTH
Exit 8B (562 West)
Take the first exit from 562 (Montgomery Rd)

Correct Directions from Wilmington:
I-71 South
Exit 7 (Norwood 562)

Edited to add:  There's an old US Army Tank in the corner of the park.  You can't miss it.

You can park in the Surrey Square (Thriftway) plaza parking lot and walk across the street to the park.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:45:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Knew I should have left out the damn exit number for 562.   Thanks for the revise RL, memory is fading of the area since I moved. Thought 7 was for North bound and 8 was south (yea violates the numbering convention I know)

edited to remove stupid concealed brain cramp
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Well it looks like I'll meet up with you guys in Norwood. Maybe I'll get to the show on Sunday. If so I meet you at Millers.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Only possible problem I see this weekend with it is how carry unconcealed if the weather is nasty.   I don't have a jacket that wouldn't cover anything I'd be carrying.  

IM gonna wear my "kill em all, let allah sort em out T-shirt" over a sweat shirt.
J/K I'll see some of you saturday morning at 10:30 in the gravel parking lot at the show. I'll be in the white rustang. The rest of you I'll see at the walk in norwood 12:30.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#22]
How does the Wilmington show, rate compared to other PRO shows ? Most of them have gotten pretty boring.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Okay guys, I'll see some of you in Norwood tomorrow afternoon.

I'll be the guy packing a SIG P226 who looks like George Clooney (so I've been told).

Think I'm kidding? You'll see...  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be at millers tomorrow at around 12:30-1:00 if any of you fellers can make it. I IM'ed some guys to let them know since they couldnt make the show so maybe I wont be the only one there.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top