Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/2/2005 10:20:43 PM EDT
I am looking for a post of a California flag that has the Russian Bear and says somthing to the affect; "People's Republic of Califorina." Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:37:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 11:39:38 PM EDT by NeoWeird]
This one?

ETA: I am pretty sure that bear (isn't it a Brown Bear?) isn't from Russia. In fact, I am fairly positive it is native here and nowhere else.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:49:03 PM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=252200

look at the bottom of page
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:25:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 6:25:58 AM EDT by Chaingun]

Originally Posted By NeoWeird:
This one?

www.library.ca.gov/history/symbols/bearflag.jpg

ETA: I am pretty sure that bear (isn't it a Brown Bear?) isn't from Russia. In fact, I am fairly positive it is native here and nowhere else.

It's a Grizzly Bear, the one that was killed off.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:01:53 PM EDT
Good riddance to the Ca. grizzly.

with the way the tree huggers run this state the last thing I would want to do is be camping and run into one of those massive things.

Black bears give me pause for concern as it is already. I don't want a bigger badder bear than that thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:40:02 AM EDT
Not mine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:34:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By uglygun:

with the way the tree huggers run this state the last thing I would want to do is be camping and run into one of those massive things.

Black bears give me pause for concern as it is already. I don't want a bigger badder bear than that thanks.

Yeah. Besides, bald eagles and spotted owls are much tastier.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:27:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By uglygun:

I am no tree hugger, but aren't you saddened by the loss of a magnificent creature? Man I have seen Grizzlies in Montana and crap they are huge! But beautiful as hell. I grew up around bears in Sierra County, Ca, and as much as they annoy/rape/pillage/eat children, they are awesome creatures.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:26:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By schizrade:
I am no tree hugger, but aren't you saddened by the loss of a magnificent creature? Man I have seen Grizzlies in Montana and crap they are huge! But beautiful as hell. I grew up around bears in Sierra County, Ca, and as much as they annoy/rape/pillage/eat children, they are awesome creatures.

and tasty too if prepared right
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:35:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 11:35:55 AM EDT by dragunov]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:00:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By colossians323:

Originally Posted By schizrade:

and tasty too if prepared right

I've eaten some predatory wild game (lion, crocodile, etc.). I didn't think predatory game tasted very good, and considering that I eat sushi, chile verde burritos and kimchee (not all together), it's not as though I have delicate tastes. JMHO.
Top Top