Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 11:38:43 AM EDT
 Ive called them probobly 10 times in the past month during the hours that they say they are open.  No one picks up the phone, and no one returns calls.  Anybody know what their deal is??  I mean, Im calling their because I want to inquire about doing business with them and they cant even pick up their phone.  People rip on mega sports, but at least they have somebody there to pick up the phone and answer whatever question you might have.  jeez
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
 Ive called them probobly 10 times in the past month during the hours that they say they are open.  No one picks up the phone, and no one returns calls.  Anybody know what their deal is??  I mean, Im calling their because I want to inquire about doing business with them and they cant even pick up their phone.  People rip on mega sports, but at least they have somebody there to pick up the phone and answer whatever question you might have.  jeez

I know they screen their calls to an extent. Whenever I call, I have to start talking on the answering machine to get them to pick up, which they do about 50% of the time. They respond to emails fairly quickly. I think they are just swamped like everyone else and don't really have the time to talk to much, because if they answered their phones constantly, they probably wouldn't get much done as far as listing/shipping stuff.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I havnt been to PK ever, but I have been to another well know AR parts dealer in Illinois and to say they were swamped was a major understatment. I was there 15 minutes and the phone rang probably 3 times. I cant Imagine putting up with that all day, everyday for the past 6 months. Just email them or something, PK is good people.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Same at Bravo co and Operation Parts not knocking them but there are others. I think right now most places want to do internet sales and can't seem to get phone support. Everything went nuts since Nov it's not like you can just pull someone of the street to be your phone op person, nothing worse than when you call somewhere and they can't answer one single question about the products they sell. Right now is a difficult time for some of these companys to keep up and I think we as consumers need to have patients with them it's not like they have a history of bad service they are good companys I'm sure the last thing they want is to push away business. And if the biggest problem you or I have is that we can't get some gun parts i guess we have it pretty good right now, things will hopefully get back to a normal pace for a little while.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
If you mean PK Firearms in Shelbyville, yes, it's extremely hard to get them on the phone. I'll spare the details, but I had a problem with an upper and it took Paul almost 4 months to get it straightened out. I made call after call leaving messages, then email after email, more calls, then Paul finally called me. I have no doubt that parts are scarce, but fuck, even a little communication and responsiveness goes a long way.

And I wouldn't expect to get anything from ArmaLite for 9 to 12 months.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me clarify, this is the one in Wilmington.  Regardless, I will try emailing them.  I just wanted to know what their current transfer fee is because I want to get another mosin nagant pretty soon.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let me clarify, this is the one in Wilmington.  Regardless, I will try emailing them.  I just wanted to know what their current transfer fee is because I want to get another mosin nagant pretty soon.
Thanks

$25 per
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks

$25 per

Thanks, thats fairly reasonable these days.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Contact RB Precision for AR components at rbprecision.com call and talk to Krista.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:34:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I used PK before this mad rush and they were a great company to deal with. it was my first AR build and i was able to call and get questions answered. you cant really get mad at any gun store (beside rguns) for the service they cant provide now because they are all swamped.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Ken at PK Arms is a great guy.  He's done all my transfers.  Very personable and professional.  He's a one-man operation so if he's with a customer, your call will go to voicemail.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Had the same problem two days ago; kept calling, no answer.  Forgot my phone number is blocked, and Ken said they don't answer those as they get a lot of telemarketing calls.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know they screen their calls to an extent. Whenever I call, I have to start talking on the answering machine to get them to pick up, which they do about 50% of the time. They respond to emails fairly quickly. I think they are just swamped like everyone else and don't really have the time to talk to much, because if they answered their phones constantly, they probably wouldn't get much done as far as listing/shipping stuff.

Whoops! I thought you were talking about PK down in Shelbyville.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought I would add an alternative if you need something quick RB does answer the phone and emails. Sorry to ruffle your feathers.

If PK not pick-up there are other options. Business is business - dog eat dog baby!

I have used PK in the past and they seem to be slow to respond when they weren't slammed 1-2 years ago. The only place I got good service was at the gun show like Indy 1500. But they where charging more than the website prices and claimed it was do to travel expense cost - BS. I don't know if you like me or not but I don't have time to wait 2 weeks to answer on a simple question on orders and components inventories.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Contact RB Precision for AR components at rbprecision.com call and talk to Krista.

Chris

+1 on RB, great people, great prices, great service...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top