Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 5:03:10 PM EDT
I do believe that this is perhaps the best ARFCOM Activity I have yet to attend.  Of course I haven't been to many and I'm sure I would love to attend others in our state, especially a Build Party, but this was a much needed trip!

Jeff (jjrockbush) and I arrived at camp around 2:30 PM.  It was a long but smooth drive from Port Charlotte as Jeff posted several times on ARFCOM and we talked about a full gambit of topics, everything from me wanting to make a spoof poster of Brokeback Mountain to Jeff saying that I'm a crazy driver.

Friday we met everyone who were going to be camping that night and the rest of the weekend and we setup camp fairly quickly.  Getting a fire going that night was a bit frustrating but after some help from the 5-year old Twins from Georgia (I'm being literal here) the fire started up.  After awhile we got our Tin Foil dinners in there and the night was well underway!

I had a nice thick Rib Eye, Ryan (White_Horse) had some Venison w/ vegetables, and Jeff (jjrockbush) had some kind of stewing beef mixture thingy.  You'll have to ask him what he had cuz I was focussed on my Rib Eye which was tasting really nice at the moment.  During this Ryan had finally convinced me that Dead Dear actually does taste good and it's not like sucking on nasty sweaty socks!  An hour or so later we did S'mores and just joked around telling stories of whatever.  Did you know that I smacked a Pit Bull in the face w/ a Bible on my mission in Las Vegas?  LOL

Friday night sleeping was slightly chilly but was nice!  I got a good bit of comments the following morning about my snoring sounding like a wild animal in the forest but it's nothing that I'm not used to hearing from my wife for the past 6-years.    

Saturday morning brought a very small sprinkle and the rest of the day was overcast and damp but no more rain.  After breakfast, range time started slightly after 9:00 AM which went to about 1:00.  Lunch was served and a good time was had by all at the range.  Afterwards a good bunch of us headed over to Wal-Mart to pick up some other supplies and food that we wanted to junk on at camp and headed back to camp.  The plan was to head over to the Olustee Battlefield but not to speak for everyone else, but I was feeling "lazy" so I just sat in the chair and stared off into space.  Quite a bit of the other guys did the same.  

Saturday late afternoon and evening brought stronger winds off of the lake while the whole crew drank down some "pond water" made by Anheuser Busch (not I of course), cracked jokes, made fun of movies (I think that's what they were doing) and did some more S'mores.  Steve threw a flaming marshmellow into the Lake that everyone found amusing since the flames kept going and after awhile we all headed off to bed.

Around 12-midnight the rain came down hard and didn't let up for a few hours as the temperature dropped rapidly.  I was woken up due to the noise but I eventually fell asleep.  Part way through the storm I heard the roar of the jeep that Kyle (Jonas) and Ben (Cuda) came in and listened to it eventually roar off into the night.  Come morning those buggers were no where to be found and their campsite was empty!  LOL  Sorry you guys got flooded out!

Sunday Morning was pretty much a lazy one.  Breakfast, cleaning up, packing up, etc.  My van needed a Jump from Brandon (Sapper22) due to charging all of the crap that I had (laptop, camcorder, cell phone).  We headed over to the FDCC which turned out to be a blast.  Jeff and I finally got out of Lake City and on the road home just a few minutes before 5:00 PM.

The whole weekend was a memorable one in my opinion and I look forward to doing something like this again!  It was great meeting everyone and just "getting away" from my reality.

Here's some pics!

Click here for a High Resolution copy of the picture above.

More pics to follow!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Friday night sleeping was slightly chilly but was nice! I got a good bit of comments the following morning about my snoring sounding like a wild animal in the forest but it's nothing that I'm not used to hearing from my wife for the past 6-years.

The Tranquilizer Gun worked great!

jj
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Friday night sleeping was slightly chilly but was nice! I got a good bit of comments the following morning about my snoring sounding like a wild animal in the forest but it's nothing that I'm not used to hearing from my wife for the past 6-years.

The Tranquilizer Gun worked great!

jj

LM*O..... The Georgia crew had a great time.... socializing... blowing massive quantities of ammo.... just hanging out.... next time we do this... the Georgia ARFCOM crew will supply the tranquilizer darts....

Hope it is not too long until the next outing.......

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#3]
man looked like you guys had a blast, and cooking breakfast before sun up.....

I was not able to take pics of the Build party, but some are starting to pop up on FSN

http://sarah.smugmug.com/gallery/1234581

and here from one of the guys that attended................you plan another and I am there, will be cheating thou, have an RV
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
No kiddin' on the snoring, man.  I was headed to the latrine around 3 AM and I heard the most awful sound coming from your camp.  I pulled my knife and stalked down there to realize that it was coming from the tent.  I had nightmares the rest of the night after turning back in.
Mucho scary, man.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No kiddin' on the snoring, man.  I was headed to the latrine around 3 AM and I heard the most awful sound coming from your camp.  I pulled my knife and stalked down there to realize that it was coming from the tent.  I had nightmares the rest of the night after turning back in.
Mucho scary, man.

LOL  Whatever man!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
DUPE
link

lock it
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice pics. So when ya'll goin to come trample around in the woods with the Florida Survival Forums group.

Me things that laptop would be a mutha frocker to hump thru the brush. lol
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Two-Thirds of the Way Done.  Will post the final pics tomorrow!
Click here for a High Resolution copy of the group picture which was taken on Saturday.  No names are on this picture.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome pics, guys!
Looks like a good time, too bad I couldn't make it.

A1's looking sharp, Jeff!

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
The rest of the pics are here.  

These finish it off.  I think I have like 5 or so more of the HAM Radio but I will post that later.  Tomorrow I will provide a download to a ZIP File containing ALL of the High Resolution copies of these photo's.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Those were not excuses dammit! They were reasons!!

Nice pics dude. Can't wait for the video.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Good job on the pics Tom. I had a blast and i am now thinking about practicing to do some of the FDCC types of shooting. Next time ya'll plan on something, throw it in the Georgia forum also. We south Ga. guys are closer to Fla. then alot of the shoots we hear about in the Ga. forum. Hope we can do it again soon, well, after i restock some ammo. lol.

Eric
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome pics.  

What a great way to spend a few days.  Wish we could have been there.

btw, how'd ya'll like the FDCC match?  COF,   umkay, just got the rest of the pics...  Fun time for all?  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:40:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

LOL  Just giving ya a hard time bro!  LOL
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:50:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL  Just giving ya a hard time bro!  LOL

I have to admit, I laughed my arse off when I saw that pic.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#16]
It was even funnier to see the little trail of mags behind you at the event and you reaching to grab non-existant mags from empty pouches....

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Even a blind hog finds an accorn every now and then.......

Chuck, let's be fair here, I had both gloves on.  As far as the fat and old thing.....

Dirk
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#18]
it looks to have been fun had by all.!! sorry i was stuck working.. looks like many in-side jokes were formed that weekend.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#19]
JRock, How do you shoot an A1 lefty like that?Too bad I missed it. Tom have you and Jeff finished picking those ticks off yet.?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
JRock, How do you shoot an A1 lefty like that?Too bad I missed it. Tom have you and Jeff finished picking those ticks off yet.?

I do everything lefty(insert smartass comment here)

Like my good looks, it can be a curse..............(second chance here)

jj
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
.. looks like many in-side jokes were formed that weekend.....

There is usually plenty of joking going on. I had a great time even though I was the subject of many of those jokes. Oh well, I can take it, God knows I dish it out enough.

As a side note......Where the hell were all the SFDCC guys? I guess they were scared.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Where the hell were all the SFDCC guys? I guess they were scared.

LOL  I sure as hell wish I had signed my ass up when they first started taking names cuz I had NO idea how much fun it would have been.  When I was ready to sign myself up, that list was at 25 and it was only on number 12.  By then we had to get on the road and head home.  I've been kicking myself the whole time since then.

I sure as hell am on board the "next time" I'm up there.  When that will be I know not as my next course of action is the third addition to our family due on March 19th.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL  I sure as hell wish I had signed my ass up when they first started taking names cuz I had NO idea how much fun it would have been.  When I was ready to sign myself up, that list was at 25 and it was only on number 12.  By then we had to get on the road and head home.  I've been kicking myself the whole time since then.

I sure as hell am on board the "next time" I'm up there.  When that will be I know not as my next course of action is the third addition to our family due on March 19th.  

Um... Damnit Jeff! You never signed yourself out on my laptop and now the above message was posted by yourself!  You're lucky I'm a nice guy and just signed you out. I could have posted how attractive you thought Brandon was or something under your name!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um... Damnit Jeff! You never signed yourself out on my laptop and now the above message was posted by yourself!  You're lucky I'm a nice guy and just signed you out. I could have posted how attractive you thought Brandon was or something under your name!

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#25]

I know your a lefty, I meant without a deflector isnt the brass shooting by your head a little disconcerting?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I know your a lefty, I meant without a deflector isnt the brass shooting by your head a little disconcerting?

A little, but so far it seems to toss 'em out pretty good....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Hey...wouldn't be to shocking, after all I am a sexy fella.  Great pics man.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey guys, I finally got my logon sorted out.  

Had a great time over the weekend. Davis and Lee are still talking about it too.

Wanted to thank everyone for making me and the kids feel welcome and also for helping me keep an eye em.

Great pics and looking forward to the video.

btw took me all day Sunday to stop talking like Karl.

BigHam
KK4PQ
dave
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Hope we didn't help you get into too much trouble with Mrs Dave. Tell the kids that they are not allowed to repeat what they heard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top