Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 12:43:06 PM EDT
So here we are at the camp at site 54 and White_Horse (Ryan) and I are trying to get a damned fire going.  The wood out here is soaked through and you can hear it hissing with the fire.  It's kind of going but it's looking like it's not going to become roaring.  We're pulling out the Propaine and the Cast Iron Skillet.

Snapped a few pics already and posting them from the campsite.  Ah... gotta love technology.

EDIT
This post was posted by Tom (MormonComputerZ) as I was not aware that Jeff was signed in at the time.  Of course I'm sure you guessed that as Jeff wouldn't even begin to know how to post pics on the internet while sitting out in the "boondocks".
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm kinda disappointed you guys don't have a live webcam out there
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
...or shooting pics - sleep is for conservatives!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Where's the women folk?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Glad you guys had fun, wish I could have been there
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:23:50 AM EDT
[#6]
So..  Jeff, Tom,  what's for breakfast?

Are you gonna forage the woods for grubs and berries like real men?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So..  Jeff, Tom,  what's for breakfast?

Are you gonna forage the woods for grubs and berries like real men?  

We just whipped up a nice batch of  Scrambled eggs and bacon, thank you. Shooting begins at 0900.

The two little guys are twins. Lee and Davis.

jj

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Glad you guys had fun...

Had?  Dude, we're still going at it!!!  The weekend is yet to be over!  More camping tonight, talking and joking around the campfire, and of course FDCC tomorrow!  The weekend is going great!!!

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#9]
It's Sunday morning and most of the crew is still here.  Around 12-midnight the rain came down hard and didn't let up for a few hours.  Jeff (jjrockbush) and I managed to stay dry in our tent and the only thing that was keeping us up was the noise of the rain coming down.  Yes it was coming down that hard.  Chris (FlatTop) got his feet wet and kept hearing trees behind him cracking and falling behind his site.  He kept thinking a tornado was going to pick him up in his tent but he managed to stick it out.  LOL

The rest of the crew is up and about, breakfast is done and eaten, a fire is going, and we're standing about talking.  The temperature dropped considerably but it's not too bad.

FDCC starts at 1:00 and I know a few of us are sticking around for that.  The rest I believe are taking off and heading home.  The whole camping trip is turning out to be a memorable one.  I personally am happy I came on this as it was a much needed trip!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Just wanted to let you guys know that we got home safe and we're now dry. Last night when the rain came down our bags started floating on water. We tried some water management but after about an hour we decided to call it a weekend. It was great meeting everybody, and I hope the weather lets up for you guys this afternoon. Thanks for the fun and great hospitality. Hope to see you all at the next campout.

Kyle
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#11]
we figured something like that happened. BEEN THERE DONE THAT dude. last night my tent leaked and my air matress got wet. at 3 am i climbed into the back of my mercury and slept there till 7:30 am. definatly sucked.

had a total blast. loved that FN five-seven. thanks for letting me shoot it.

i can't wait till we do it again. I'll have a newer more water proof tent by then.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#12]
man if  you guys are  gonna venture outta the house  outdoors you should attend one of our fla sf camps 1st  jezze
glad you all had a blast..even if you had a lil bit of rain! cool pics...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#13]
LoL..sounds like ya'll had some fun. A few ppl learned some lessons about shelters on our 2 days worth of nonstop rain on the campout we jus had. If ya'll wanna brush up on some campcraft and skills venture to our campouts.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I am riding Shotgun, again, this time headin' south. 6:03 PM and we just passed through Ocala. It was a beautimus weekend. Camping, two days of shooting, a blast.......

Carl Childers as...........Hillary

It takes a village to raise a child...ummm hmmm. Do you got any more of that potted meat?

I guess you had to be there........

jj
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well, I am riding Shotgun, again, this time headin' south. 6:03 PM and we just passed through Ocala. It was a beautimus weekend. Camping, two days of shooting, a blast.......

Carl Childers as...........Hillary

It takes a village to raise a child...ummm hmmm. Do you got any more of that potted meat?

I guess you had to be there........

jj

Indeed

I thought about you guys last night on my way home. Just after I got on I-10, it started raining so hard that most folks were pulling off onto the shoulder, and I kinda hoped you weren't getting it that badly. Glad to hear you guys had fun though.  

[Carl] Mmmm hmmm reckon Imma rip yer nuts off so you can't contaminate the rest of the world, Private Pyle. Mmm hmm, I reckon. [/Carl]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#16]

I had a great time this weekend gentlemen.  Looking forward to the next one.  Hope everyone makes it home safe.  

"F***in Mormans"
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
"F***in Mormons"

LOL  Fixed the spelling for ya bud!  LOL

This weekend was perhaps the best time I had in a very long time and it was very much needed.  Just sitting in front of the fire Saturday night w/ that cool breeze coming off of the lake was very much "soothing" to my thoughts.  I'm sorry to return to "life" again.  This weekend was a much needed escape.

I'd list all the names of the great ppl I met, but you know who you are!!!  Thank you for your kind friendship during the whole. I will be posting a new thread sometime tomorrow with ALL of the pics of this weekend that I took and grabbed from others.   Wait for that thread before posting a whole slew.  Posting a few here though can't do any harm.

Once again... THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS AN AWESOME WEEKEND!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a good time and hope to do it again sometime soon. Well, maybe after i restock my ammo pile. I will show up for some other meets as well if time off permits.

Vanilla_gorilla: We have your chair with us that you left behind at teh camp site. We'll get it back to you some how.

Jonas: We wondered where you went. We figured it was due to the rain, but wasn't sure.

It was nice meeting everyone and hope to meet up with everyone again. Hopefully next time it won't flood on us like it did this weekend.

Eric
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Guys, I just walked in the door after dropping off Eric(docs89gta) and paying a visit to my fiancee.  I am beat but man did I have a great time.  I feel sorry for all who could not make it.  It was a pleasure to meet all you like-minded folks.  You Florida boys sure made us Georgians feel welcome and at home.  
Jonas, I hated to see that you guys got flooded out but I understand.  There aren't many more miserable things than being wet and cold.  Hopefully we'll see you guys at the next one.
Anyway, can't wait to see all the video and photos and see what kind of scenarios ya'll can come up with for Carl Childers to handle.
Kevin
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Good to meet you all that were out at the range sunday!

Maybe next time I can get free and make it out to the camp.

You GA boys yall come now ya hear

Side note there was some interest in a .308 from our shooting today well I got a call a fellow has one coming up for sale, email if you are interested.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I got one!  Carl Childers:  I reckon ya'll wanna hear a joke now, mmm hmmmm.  Why did that little Tigger feller stick his head down into the commode?  Mmmmmmm  I reckon he was a'lookin' fer Pooh.  Mmhmmmmmm.  Now that was funny, haha.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Vanilla_gorilla: We have your chair with us that you left behind at teh camp site. We'll get it back to you some how.

Thanks, but chairs are for PUSSIES!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great weekend, and for letting me shoot some very nice firearms. Next time I will try to remember a bilge pump for the tent.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, but chairs are for PUSSIES!

Couldn't have said that better myself..... oh... wait a minute... I might have,.......

anyone up to taking the pepsi challenge?........ Carl as Yoda......

[carl]mmm...hmmmm..... wet reckon some were....leak some tents did....[/carl]

lmao....... had a great time.....

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I had a great time, must bring more ammo next time
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#26]
why am I hearing the dueling banjos from Deliverance...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#28]
he shore got a purty mouth.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't look at me, I slept alone. Some of those other guys shared a tent though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Don't look at me, I slept alone. Some of those other guys shared a tent though.

it must've been a chilly night...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Hey all, Just finally got a chance to catch up and post.  Thanks to all for the good times.  The FN57 was awesome to shoot.  I had a great time even though I got a little wet.  So when/where is the next trip???

Oh and just to not be out done:

Carl as the twins "Mmmm Mom cleaning your room is for Pussies, hmm mmm, I reckon Kevin can do it!"  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I have to say that getting called a pussy by a five-year-old is going to be hard to top for the rest of my life.  I just can't wait til they call their mom a pussy and I'm there to see it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey, Vanilla Gorilla.  I forgot to tell you thanks for hanging with us and letting me put a couple of mags through that suweeet M1G.  That is one awesome weapon, my friend.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:13:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Hey, Vanilla Gorilla.  I forgot to tell you thanks for hanging with us and letting me put a couple of mags through that suweeet M1G.  That is one awesome weapon, my friend.  

And you're welcome to it anytime you're down this way. I appreciate you guys making me feel rigt at home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top