Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2003 12:22:54 PM EDT
Anyone shoot there regularly?  Probably going to be joining their Friday night league for beginners, so I thought I'd ask around.  Although shooting skeet with an AR will be challenging...j/k...any excuse to buy more guns can't be a bad thing, right?  Plus the wife will be joining too, so that makes it even easier!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I am looking to get in to the trap scene myself.

I know it sounds gay, but I dont have a double barrel, I will oonly have a single shot 12ga but I am damn good with it.

Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:56:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am looking to get in to the trap scene myself.

I know it sounds gay, but I dont have a double barrel, I will oonly have a single shot 12ga but I am damn good with it.

Hmmm - I'm thinking doubles are going to be a challenge, unless you're really, really fast at reloading!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I've shot there maybe 10 times total, although it's been at least a year.  They have a sporting clays setup which is pretty fun.  I just have a POS cheap SKB semi-auto, which I couldn't use there (if they were paying attention) because the barrel is less than 26" or whatever their limit is.

I ended up renting their range gun, which was only about $3 or so, plus then I didn't have to clean mine.

Fairly nice setup overall.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I've shot there several times.
The shop I work for does a New Years Day shoot for employees. The nice thing about that (besides FREE ammo and FREE rangetime) is I can try out some of the shotguns that the owners/other employees have.

I know it's not the AR's, but would anyone want to get together for a day at the Clay ranges???
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to work the many moons ago. For a shotgun range in the middle of Prince-We-Hate-Guns-Georges County it's a pretty top notch operation. The have Berratta shotguns for rent, both double barrels, and auto-loaders. all you need to shoot there is cash and an ability to operate safely. The Sporting Clays course is the coolest going, and if you talk to the puller ahead of time he can set the course up anyway you want. be advised however the pullers on the SC course have good memories, and while tipping isn't an officially recognized practice cheapskates have be well known for having a harder time on thge course. Don't go out there expecting top drop 50 out of 50, even if you're good, and you'll have a blast.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Where in PG county is this place?  And how much $ for 50 clays?
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:08:59 AM EDT
[#7]
It's near Goddard, I believe - not far from 193 and Good Luck Rd.  Here's a web site: www.shotguninstructor.com/pg_page.html.  The prices are cheap - like $5-$7 for a round of skeet or trap; sporting clays are a little more expensive, and you can buy books of 10 to give you another 10% off or so.  There's a number on the web site for more info too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top