Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 7:26:14 PM EDT
My sis-in-law is dying to move from Nassau County NY. One state she is interested in is.....PA. She would like recommendations as to where to live. She would like the shortest commute to relatives in Nassau County, fairly close to shopping(Kmart, etc) and have a decent size lot(1 Acre +) in a non Riff/Raff area. Asking too much??

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:33:16 AM EDT
[#1]
whats her budget?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:47:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
whats her budget?

Well, 250-350, I'm guessing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]
if you want access to the NY Metro area from PA you are pretty much limited to the I-80 and I-78 corridors, which means start your search via Easton or East Stroudsburg PA and radiate out.

250K is low but you might find something, you stand a better chance at 350+, PA an't the bargain it used to be but its not as crazy as NY Metro / NY Tristate.

You'll find some steals right on the river, of course the two 'hundred year' floods in the past year might have something to do with it - so buyer beware.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#4]
It would not have to be close enough for a daily commute to Manhattan. Just like every other weekend type of commute, I guess up to a three hour commute would be alright.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I think $ 250 would do ok in the Easton or East Stroudsburg PA region. Not in Allentown or Philly. There are some nice lots of there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Try looking a little NORTH of Allentown - still under 3 hr drive to NYC  

couple of info links--

www.lehighcounty.org

www.allentownpa.org/county-state-links.html
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the tips!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Great home builder in the area!!!!!  Ask around about them, looks like they may have what you are looking for.

Signature Homes by JT Maloney
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Great home builder in the area!!!!!  Ask around about them, looks like they may have what you are looking for.

I will relay the information to my in law, but I think she looking for more of something outside a community development.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Bucks county has some options, although pricey in areas that would work. NYC is 2 hours or less depending on traffic. Tell her to take the GWB to the NJ Turnpike, then cross the river somewhere near Trenton, NJ. There are definitely places in middle Bucks that would be in here price range and have 1+ acres.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Palmer, if you inlaw is still looking drop me an email, i have an inlaw that is going to be putting his house on the market very soon. it's a 3br, 21/2bath,finished basement,oversized 2 car garage plus more. It is @ 5 minutes from the DWG bridge on rt 80 in East Stroudsburg.  email is [email protected].
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Wow... That home on the web page sure looks like the house I went to when I bought that sweet lil SP1 carbine from you...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top