Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2007 5:21:27 AM EDT
I know PA residents can hunt wild boar with out a licence but can a non-resident do the same?
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know PA residents can hunt wild boar with out a licence but can a non-resident do the same?

You're wrong, I suggest you stay in NY.

PA hunters are advised to kill feral hogs on sight, but they are regulated as domestic animals, not game animals. Kill the wrong pig by mistake, you could get charged with destruction of livestock.

Because they are pigs they are considered domestic animals by law and the Game Commission has no authority to regulate hunting of these animals. If you encounter these animals while lawfully hunting for game or wildlife we would encourage you to kill them.

Page 98; PA Hunting & Trapping Digest July 1, 2007-June 30, 2008 Edition
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're wrong, I suggest you stay in NY.

PA hunters are advised to kill feral hogs on sight, but they are regulated as domestic animals, not game animals. Kill the wrong pig by mistake, you could get charged with destruction of livestock.

Because they are pigs they are considered domestic animals by law and the Game Commission has no authority to regulate hunting of these animals. If you encounter these animals while lawfully hunting for game or wildlife we would encourage you to kill them.

Page 98; PA Hunting & Trapping Digest July 1, 2007-June 30, 2008 Edition

I guess this means I don't need a hunting licence.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]

People hunting hogs are strongly encouraged to comply with regulations in effect for any game in season at the time, as far as licensing, flourescent orange requirements and other safety issues are concerned.

Same source as listed above.

IOW, you better have a current PA hunting license displayed, and be in compliance with all the regulations for whatever is currently in season.

WCO's aren't going to tolerate a lame "I wuz huntin' hogs..." story, when they catch you during bear, deer or turkey season out in the woods armed without a license.

That's why I suggest you stay in NY. The potential risks to you to lose your privileges to hunt in PA aren't worth your trouble, YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

People hunting hogs are strongly encouraged to comply with regulations in effect for any game in season at the time, as far as licensing, flourescent orange requirements and other safety issues are concerned.

IOW, you better have a current PA hunting license displayed, and be in compliance with all the regulations for whatever is currently in season.

WCO's aren't going to tolerate a lame "I wuz huntin' hogs..." story, when they catch you during bear, deer or turkey season out in the woods armed without a license.

That's why I suggest you stay in NY. The potential risks to you to lose your privileges to hunt in PA aren't worth your trouble, YMMV.

You seem to have a very low opinion of the intelligence of people from New York State.  You don't even know me and seem to believe I would confuse a Russian Boar with someone’s pet Wilbur and believe I would go a field during a regular hunting reason with out a license.   Deer, Bear and Turkey season are finite and I'm only at the information gathering stage of planning to go to PA to try my hand at hunting Boar in the "wild".  I thank you for you responses, none of which actually directly answered my question, but I got most of the information I needed anyway.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:15:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You seem to have a very low opinion of the intelligence of people from New York State.  You don't even know me and seem to believe I would confuse a Russian Boar with someone’s pet Wilbur and believe I would go a field during a regular hunting reason with out a license.   Deer, Bear and Turkey season are finite and I'm only at the information gathering stage of planning to go to PA to try my hand at hunting Boar in the "wild".  I thank you for you responses, none of which actually directly answered my question, but I got most of the information I needed anyway.  

Well, you people did elect Hillary Clinton as Senator...

Call the PGC @ 1-717-787-4250

Try SGL#157 in Bucks County, I know there were some in that area earlier this year.

PGC also claims there are wild populations in Bedford and Cambria counties.

I didn't want to discourage you from hunting them, but rather discourage you from potentially violating our state game laws. If you think it's worth your time, by all means, kill all the feral hogs, they are a menace to our native wildlife.

Good luck, hunt safe.

BTW, I reserve my "very low opinion" for people from NJ!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Well, you people did elect Hillary Clinton as Senator...
BTW, I reserve my "very low opinion" for people from NJ!

lmao

boar in pa who knew...
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Wild Boar in SGL 157? Are you sure? That's right up the road from me and I never heard any thing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Can I also shoot cows, sheep or tame turkeys I see running loose in the woods? I wouldn't want to kill the cows or the sheep but I saw two tame turkeys the first time my father ever took me hunting, I was only 12 and my father had fallen asleep after working night shift. That was near 40 years ago, too bad I wasn't an experienced hunter at the time! You do have to wonder about those New Yorkers voting for Hillary but then we voted Rendel for Governor and our only Senator is a RINO so be careful who you point that liberal finger at cause there's enough blame to go round.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Can I also shoot cows, sheep or tame turkeys I see running loose in the woods? I wouldn't want to kill the cows or the sheep but I saw two tame turkeys the first time my father ever took me hunting, I was only 12 and my father had fallen asleep after working night shift. That was near 40 years ago, too bad I wasn't an experienced hunter at the time! You do have to wonder about those New Yorkers voting for Hillary but then we voted Rendel for Governor and our only Senator is a RINO so be careful who you point that liberal finger at cause there's enough blame to go round.  

Wrong, we didn't vote for Rendel, The mentally challenged and corporially impaired (read: dead people) of Philthy voted for him. Where esle in the state can you see election results as one sided as in Philthadelphia? They were 10 to 1 for Rendel. Of course the fact that there were more people voting in Philthy than there are actual people living in that shithole does kind of make you wonder.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top