Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 7:29:17 PM EDT
On Packing.org, I notice that if you are applying for a non-resident PA permit, you have to show the sheriff a permit to carry from your state of residence (if your state issues them). What happens if you live in a cesspool like Maryland, which technically issues permits, but only to the politically well connected? For the regular unwashed masses who don't have a MD permit, would we still be able to get a PA non-resident permit? Does PA consider "may-issue" to be the same as "shall issue" in this case?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I would suggest looking into Florida's out of state permit.  It works in PA and many other states on the east cost.  Good Luck.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#3]
it doesn't matter if your state is may issue or shall issue you can't get a PA permit if you don't have one from your home state unless your state doesn't have a permit.

Before I moved to PA I had the same problem living in New Jersey and I couldn't get a PA permit so I got a Florida one instead.  A FL permit has reciprocity with alot more states than PAso FL is actually a better permit anyway.  FL issues to anyone wether they have a permit or not
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#4]
And a Florida permit is good to go in PA, even if its a non-resident permit?

eta nevermind, i just looked it up on packing.org.

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And a Florida permit is good to go in PA, even if its a non-resident permit?

eta nevermind, i just looked it up on packing.org.

Thanks for the help!

Florida doesn't make a distinction between a resident and non resident permit they are both the same.  Just go by wether the other state accepts out of state permits which PA does and as do most others.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a PA resident Permit and I am thinking of getting a Florida permit.  I can pick up a lot of states since Florida is so widely accepted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top