Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:59:35 PM EDT
Interested in buying a Glock from a PA team member. Does this need to be done with him shipping it to my FFL, or can we do it at his in PA? Any suggestions would be helpful, I'd hate to have to pay double FFL fees to have him ship it to me?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:03:18 PM EDT
AFAIK the transfer needs to be done by an FFL at the buyer's state. You can have the seller send it to your FFL directly without going through another FFL in his state.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:58:25 PM EDT
So we could do the transfer at his FFL even though I have an MD license?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:05:52 AM EDT
You have to have it done at your FFL in Maryland, fill out the extra paperwork and then the 8 day waiting period. The person you are purchasing from may ship the handgun himself via a common carrier such as UPS and FEDEX. Only a 001 FFL may ship firearms through USPS so he has to use either FEDEX or UPS if he doesnt want to pay his FFL in PA to ship it for him. Another thing he has to do if he ships it himself is that it has to be Priority Overnight shipped which for a handgun usually runs upwards of 25-40 dollars depending on accessories.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:19:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:55:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 6:55:34 AM EDT by Forest]

Originally Posted By Bachert:
So we could do the transfer at his FFL even though I have an MD license?

NOT if his FFL is in PA. Transfer MUST be done at a MD FFL.
Top Top