Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 7:07:53 PM EDT
Well today was the BIG day, sold my house, resigned from my job and closing eventually. Time to move to Interlachen.HA F#$% HA.
Wilma did the damage, I filed a permit and re- shingled the roof,every thing according to code, duly signed and sealed by the city of Sunrise building inspectors, even told me I did a better job than some roofing contractors and than came the supprise.
As per Florida statute 489.103 a home owner doing a repair which call for a permit (any repair over $600.00)  CAN NOT SELL HIS HOUSE FOR 1 YEAR.
So here I am, jobless, money less and no buyer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well today was the BIG day, sold my house, resigned from my job and closing eventually. Time to move to Interlachen.HA F#$% HA.
Wilma did the damage, I filed a permit and re- shingled the roof,every thing according to code, duly signed and sealed by the city of Sunrise building inspectors, even told me I did a better job than some roofing contractors and than came the supprise.
As per Florida statute 489.103 a home owner doing a repair which call for a permit (any repair over $600.00)  CAN NOT SELL HIS HOUSE FOR 1 YEAR.
So here I am, jobless, money less and no buyer.

Well that sucks. You should speak with a real estate attorney, maybe you can draw up a contract that lets a buyer take possesion but delays the recording of the deed.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:54:29 AM EDT
[#2]
maybe they could rent the house till it can be sold and 100% of the rent goes to the purchase. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
well, i guess that'll give you time to shop around lol but that really sucks, like stated above,  maybe renting it untill it can be sold might be a good idea
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:08:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Joe-You might want to contact an attorney regarding your predicament. As I read that statute it refers to " building and improving". It would seem to me that since this was the result of a Hurricane, you are performing a " repair". Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:09:06 AM EDT
[#6]
speak to an attorney.  because the job was a hurricane repair & not just an upgrade, there might be legal provisions for that.  

the "rent to own" idea sounds good too.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I decided to rent the house out for a year, just got back from Interlachen, took a load of my workshop stuff out there. Thursday I will take a load from the house and then one more trip and I will be done.
Thank God the place in Interlachen is paid for, aslong as I can find a renter to pay for the house in Sunrise I should be OK.
Any one now of jobs going around Palatka or Gainsville area.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well I decided to rent the house out for a year, just got back from Interlachen, took a load of my workshop stuff out there. Thursday I will take a load from the house and then one more trip and I will be done.
Thank God the place in Interlachen is paid for, aslong as I can find a renter to pay for the house in Sunrise I should be OK.
Any one now of jobs going around Palatka or Gainsville area.

What kind of work do you do? Seems like everyone is hiring in the Gainesville area.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#10]
OK we are mostly moved in, computor is up and running, possibly  one more load on Wednesday and then I'm done.
I have been working as workshop manager for  the last 6yrs, building custom bars , tiki huts, custom umbrellas and custom bamboo and eucalyptus fencing for the zoo's and water parks mostly.
Disney and SeaWorld Orlando as well as Safari Lion Park is full of my handy work.hippie.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top