Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2012 6:07:49 PM EDT
Anyone ever order anything from them? I ordered some Glock mags about 3 weeks ago and no word. Sent several emails and completed the contact form on their web site w/o any response. I may dispute the charge with my CC company.

OBX Ammo

Thanks

WUFMAN informed me that OBX Ammo was at the Concord show on Saturday so I took a little ride this morning. I met with Robert, the owner, face to face, presented him my invoice for the merchandise ordered and never received and he refunded my money on the spot, plus he added a little more to cover my gas. He has the best out the door price on Glock mags by the way and I will continue to do business with OBX at the gun shows.

Seems that the mail order end of his business was or is in a state of flux and he is changing service providers and shopping cart software. So I would not recommend anyone order from the website until the issues are resolved with his developer/service provider.

m-forgery
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 4:21:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never bought anything from them on line but I see them every time I go to a gun show. I've bought several things from them at shows.

The owner is almost always there and he seems to be a nice guy. Based on that I'd buy from them on line. If you are anywhere near Hickory NC just drop in today and speak to the man in charge.......
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've never bought anything from them on line but I see them every time I go to a gun show. I've bought several things from them at shows.

The owner is almost always there and he seems to be a nice guy. Based on that I'd buy from them on line. If you are anywhere near Hickory NC just drop in today and speak to the man in charge.......

OBX is in Hickory?

I never would have guessed.

Powells Point, NC 27966
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OBX is in Hickory?

I never would have guessed.

Powells Point, NC 27966

They are today.....at the gun show

Link Posted: 6/24/2012 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
There are similar threads on glock talk. Guys have ordered mags and never heard anything.

I have bought from them at gun shows but after reading about the problems, probably won't again.
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
They have been going down hill at the gun shows lately.  Used to have 30+ tables and anything you could want at decent prices.  Last Greensboro show they were less than 1/4 that if that much.  Not sure what is going on with them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Robert, the owner has come through on many deals for me, although the last few shows the selection has been less than favorable. When they mostly just sold ammo prices were hard to beat if he knew you were a regular customer, anymore though, he's usually to busy running nics checks to have the time to say hello.

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, and drop them a phone call.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Robert, the owner has come through on many deals for me, although the last few shows the selection has been less than favorable.
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

+1. Robert seems to be a helluva guy and he has for the most part some of the better prices on items I've been looking for. I think like many others, his is  a struggling business but I've never had a bad experience or haggle war with him. He has done right by me also. I'd do business with him/them anytime and he is always at local shows, if he isn't there is usually a show elsewhere he is attending.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Update!

After several telephone conversations and promises to get back to me on my order, OBX Ammo has failed to respond. They also do not respond to email, nor the "Contact Me" form on the web site and their web site security certificate has expired.

Just be advised, that if you try to purchase from this vendor off www.obxammo.com you most likely will not receive the items ordered.

I spoke to who I thought was the owner using the phone number on the web site. Now they answer and hang up the phone after it rings off the hook.

If anyone knows these folks and can help I would appreciate it.

Here is the email I just sent to OBXAmmo:

" Gentlemen,

Please send the product I ordered or refund my money for order 01888. We discussed the order status on several phone calls, and you promised to call back with further information and have never returned my calls. Now you will not answer my calls and I can tell someone picks up the phone and hangs it up. All I ask for is the merchandise I ordered or a credit back, I would even take 9mm or .45ACP ammunition if you do not have the Glock mags in stock. My next step will be to do a charge back through MasterCard, report you to the Better Business Bureau, and warn others not to do business with you on the various gun forums. I have been more than fair in waiting this long to take action."

M-Forgery

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#9]
M-Forgery I know this isn't ideal but if you live anywhere near Charlotte you might consider dropping by the show later this month. I'm sure these guys will be there. It shouldn't work this way but you might get better response when they can see the whites of your eyes.

Best of luck in getting your stuff.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#10]
 They seemed to be doing good or at least ok when the owner first started out, and for a while..I guess that's is no longer the case. Bad business practice IMHO
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
M-Forgery I know this isn't ideal but if you live anywhere near Charlotte you might consider dropping by the show later this month. I'm sure these guys will be there. It shouldn't work this way but you might get better response when they can see the whites of your eyes.

Maybe they will be at the Concord show this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they are I'll walk by and flip them the bird for ya

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No flippin' happened. I had a nice chat with the gentleman.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe we both can be there and flip him the bird after I get my money or stuff equal to the value of about $95.00.

I talked with Robert at the gunshow. He says this ain't happening. I have his personnel phone number. Do you want it? You need to go to the Concord show. Robert is there. Let me know if you want his number. My cell phone has no service there.
Just got home.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top