Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2014 5:59:26 PM EDT
A customer came into the store a couple of weeks ago. He was telling me about an outdoor range somewhere pretty close to town. IIRC, he said it was only $5 to shoot all day. He was telling me how to get there but I can't remember for the life of me where he said it was. I looked through the ranges thread.Binkley's Firearms Training School, seems like it could be it but I'm unsure because it was posted over 10 years ago. Can anybody give me some insight?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the only one I'm aware of. Its probably 15-20 minutes south from the new marina off of Riverside Dr. Quite a drive depending on where you're coming from but they have a very nice facility.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:47:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is what you're looking for:  http://tn.gov/twra/montgomerycomplex.html

Never been there but I hear it's a nice range. Be SURE to read the rules & requirements BEFORE you go!  
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably Binkleys. Off of exit 19. He sold the place to a retired pilot who crashed it into the ground (pun intended) Dick bought it back from Hal and the old man is running things again.  I haven't been out there since he opened back up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably Binkleys. Off of exit 19. He sold the place to a retired pilot who crashed it into the ground (pun intended) Dick bought it back from Hal and the old man is running things again.  I haven't been out there since he opened back up.
View Quote

I live about 10 minutes away from there, and stopped in about a month ago just to see what it was like. They have a 100 yard range available, be aware it is no frills, so don't drive out there expecting perfection! I asked about getting a barrel threaded and a brake installed on a rifle, they quoted a price I thought was more than fair so I plan on going back to get the work done as well as do some shooting. I have not pulled the bang switch in months! We should have a range day for us folks in the area...
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm good with no frills. I just want to be able to shoot somewhere that nobody stands over your shoulder. I think I'm going to try to go out there tomorrow. Do you remember how much it was?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm good with no frills. I just want to be able to shoot somewhere that nobody stands over your shoulder. I think I'm going to try to go out there tomorrow. Do you remember how much it was?
View Quote

Knowing Mr Binkley, it's cheap. I don't think I have anything on the radar for Saturday. Anyone game?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I honestly don't remember the price, but it wasn't all that much. When I was there the range was totally empty, and I doubt they even go outside to see what you are up to. If I had not already made plans for Saturday I would be game.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#8]
If I'm around, I'm game for Saturday. I'll let you know a little later in the week
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in.  Never shot at an outdoor range
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top