Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 12:25:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Jeff, it almost looks to nice to shoot.  hopefully it will survie more than one shoot. the way the tannerite is around this group, i dont know. i hope people understand how much you guys do for us. Ronald
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
it does look too nice to shoot!
But do you want to use it as a target or a prop?
Either way it will be fun!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope you guys haven't popped that front glass yet.

Would you consider, before we shoot at it, putting a silouette target in the driver's seat and putting one 5.56 shot through the front glass to see if it deflects?  Inquiring minds  want to know, for purely informational/educational purposes of course.

(Hey you never know when you might need to do it for real, I wanna know what the penetration through auto glass is dammit!)
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Duke thats a great idea, i would love to see what 223 does  to the glass. Ronald
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
OK ....I think I better re-evaluate my ammo....hmmmm....started with a conservative 250 from experience in my first shoot.....with the reactives I thought I might have to bump (pun intended) it up to 500....now I gotta have at least 750....dammit!! If I could make an even grand I would!!! Dammit!!

Hey Jeff does that still run? If so would you be against setting it in park w/ the emergency brake on, and ramming a rod onto the accelerator making it rev full open, then we could open fire on a hot engine!!!! WHHHHEEEEEEEEE-OOOOOO!!!!!!!!!  BOOOOOM!!!
I can just see the steam from the 200 instant holes in the radiator as well as the pistons flying out  from the cracked engine block as the flywheel rips through the hood!!!

But thats just me.......
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#8]
METALMAN, I'd say you need to seek professional help except for one thing-- I like you the sick way you are!

Seriously though, you don't want exploding pistons.  I used to work at Kansas City International Raceway and I've seen entire driveshafts fly more than 100 yards from an engine kaboom.  And yes the driver walked away from his Malibu that day.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Would you consider, before we shoot at it, putting a silouette target in the driver's seat and putting one 5.56 shot through the front glass to see if it deflects?  Inquiring minds  want to know, for purely informational/educational purposes of course.

Yeah and please post results after. I would like to hear about this, But can not make it to shot. Work and a charity event.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy. (Licking his chops)  How about an alien Fedayeen zombie watermelon(since there is no snow yet) in the seat, now we're talking about a realistic situation.  And here I just ran out of fireworks....Yeah right, just kidding.  I was thinking that maybe we could get that sucka to fly. Jeff, is it alright to bring other stuff, like TV, another washer and a dryer?  Didn't want to just haul a bunch of stuff out without asking.
Man I can't wait till the sixth. This is giving me a chubby.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#11]
My Grand Marquis died on Zeny and stranded her at the VFW last week, so we're looking for a new car.  If we get it, I'd be more than happy to donate the Blue Bomber as a target/prop.  I could use it to show the guys how to use a vehicle for proper cover, how to exit a vehicle when under fire, and how to take out someone using a vehicle for cover.

Then, CAR GO BOOM!  Does Tannerite come in 55 gallon drums?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Technically no, theorhetically yes, but of course a boom that loud would probably bring out the national guard.  The amount that set off the washing machine was actually less than what would fill a half gallon milk jug.  I wouldn't want to be around a 55 gal. drum when it went off.  But I like your thinkin.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Is your shop close to the land we'll be shooting on?

I need a couple little bits and pieces.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top