Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 10:11:10 AM EDT
I was in a Wally World in Bonner Springs Ks. last night and saw a sign that residents of Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado may legally purchase a firearm in Ks. I didn't realize this and am curious whether I can purchase a firearm in Missouri since I am a resident of KS. I have passed on a couple of bargains because I didn't want to deal with FFL transfers between states...
Anyone know??
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
dont hold me to it, but i believe you can purchase long guns in a neighboring state. But no pistols, apparantly thats a no-no.

at least thats how i think its written. i've been wrong before and im sure it will happen again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
In my local Wally Wrold, there's a picture that shows all of the states that do not allow out of state purchases and vice versa. I'm not sure if it was the same one you saw though, as it showed the regulations nationwide.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#4]
ATF says you can buy a long gun in any state, providing you comply with all that state's laws.  Kansas law, however, says that only residents from neighboring states can buy in Kansas.  

So, being a Utah resident I can't buy a long gun in Kansas, but when I was a Kansas resident I could buy a long gun in Utah.  

I checked this summer when I was back in KS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top