Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/27/2003 6:46:03 PM EST
Howdy one and all,
Does anyone know if it is possible for a California resident to purchase a California defined assault weapon in another state (AZ, NM, NV) and either leave it in that state or keep it in a state that doesn't have a hangup with AW's? Would like to get a Dragunov, but can't fugure out how to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/28/2003 9:22:00 AM EST
I think you have to be a resident of that state to buy a firearm. Dunno about cash and carry private transfer, I think the same laws apply.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 2:45:38 PM EST
If the state allows cash and carry for private party transfers then you are good to go. Just don't bring it back to Kali. If you go through a dealer then you will need to be a resident of that state.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 3:09:17 PM EST
Thanks Duffy and Sydwaiz,

I did some research and found out pretty much the same thing as Sydwaiz was saying.

There is hope!

Link Posted: 10/3/2003 2:15:57 PM EST
This is some of the stuff that my friend had for sale at the last DBS in Vegas, CASH and CARRY, All the guns and recievers sold that Sat, Accept the Colt 9mm.

He'll have more AR Rec's at this months gun show and at the DBS.

I did great with the parts and mags.

See you at the show or the shoot.
Top Top