Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 5:32:45 AM EDT
I am living out of state for the next 7 months in the great state of TEXAS and you would not believe the selection here.  Like a kid in a candy store!!  Anyway, I went into a shop the other day and was told that in addition to my NJ FOID card, I needed a form signed by the "Superintendent" allowing me to buy longarms in another state.  WTF?  When did this happen?  And, who is the superintendent?  Of what?  Where do I get the forms?  Once again, WTF?

God, I am so glad to be outta New Jerseyistan even for a little while.

thanks for the help

ka
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#1]
anybody?  anybody?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not sure where that came from.  I know we can buy in neighboring states as long as the seller complies with our laws.  (have to fill out the NJ eligibility form)

FMJ,
What is the NJ eligibility form, where do I get one, etc.

These guys had a large binder that had all of the requirements in order to allow out of state residents to acquire longarms.  The book was put out by the Tx Department of Public Safety so I am sure that I could call them but I figured someone here would have the answers.

thanks for the input

ka
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not sure where that came from.  I know we can buy in neighboring states as long as the seller complies with our laws.  (have to fill out the NJ eligibility form)

FMJ,
What is the NJ eligibility form, where do I get one, etc.

These guys had a large binder that had all of the requirements in order to allow out of state residents to acquire longarms.  The book was put out by the Tx Department of Public Safety so I am sure that I could call them but I figured someone here would have the answers.

thanks for the input

ka

Here you go: www.njsp.org/info/pdf/sp-634.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top