Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 7:23:35 AM EDT
Here's the law regarding  the AW law here in NY.
I got this excerpt from NYSR&P site:

It shall be unlawful to possess any "assault weapon" or a "large capacity ammunition feeding device". So called "assault weapons" lawfully possessed prior to September 14, 1994 and "large capacity ammunition feeding devices" manufactured prior to such date are grandfathered.

I was presumably "Posessed Legally " just not in the state.....soooo

I had an FFL tell me  that he'd refuse to take posession of  any pre-ban reciever because "it wasn't in the state since Sept 14, 1994!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Time to find another FFL...................................
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here's the law regarding  the AW law here in NY.
I got this excerpt from NYSR&P site:

I was presumably "Posessed Legally " just not in the state.....soooo

I had an FFL tell me  that he'd refuse to take posession of  any pre-ban reciever because "it wasn't in the state since Sept 14, 1994!

Dude, there are two sentences and two separate thoughts there.  Let me break it down for you:

It shall be unlawful to possess any "assault weapon" or a "large capacity ammunition feeding device".

Catch all describing what the statute is about.

So called "assault weapons" lawfully possessed prior to September 14, 1994

Definitions of sentence #1: AW's, which were around and in "preban" status, prior to the commencement of the ban....

and "large capacity ammunition feeding devices" manufactured prior to such date are grandfathered.

Same train of thought.... and any "assault weapon" or "hicap mag" which was created before 1994 is grandfathered.  It doesn't matter if you possessed it before that date or after.

Thus, your FFL is a tool and you better take him to school!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely, try another FFL.  Thats why I've been using Brian at B&Js - he knows the gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Was it the FFL you recommended to me? -Justin
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Was it the FFL you recommended to me? -Justin

NO!
It was FRANKS GUNS in MARCY

Talked to Tony today when did you want tobuy that new toy ?
TAPCO has a sale on mags for it, if you are going to put an order with them I'll have you pick up a few compliance parts for me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, that dosent surprise me. I only go there as a last resort. Has some decent stuff, but nothing special about pricing. Then there was the time w/ my transfer. I am ready to order. I was going to ask SP10 or one of the guys to look around @ the show for a new one. That way I can haul ass up there real quick. Otherwise next week I'll give your guy a call. -Justin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top