Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2005 6:25:05 PM EDT
After seeing the gas price increase rumor/report in the GA hometown forum, I filled up the truck this morning.
Went into town tonight and saw LONG lines at gas stations everywhere. I drive a little further, and see the reason why... gas pumps at multiple stations with OUT OF GAS signs on them. I'm 30 years old, so I didn't see the Jimmy Carter gas lines. It honestly made me feel a little uneasy to see it. Is everyone else in central AL seeing this happen, too?
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:06:35 PM EDT
I heard rumors of rationing by distributors tomorrow. My brother went to a local statiuon and they were out of 87 oct.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:14:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By notso:
I heard rumors of rationing by distributors tomorrow. My brother went to a local statiuon and they were out of 87 oct.

It is true. I have a friend who runs a district of gas/conv. stores, and I got hte heads-up today that he has 8 stations outta gas, and a very low allocation level from their supplier. The best time to buy gas is after midnight, if you have a station near you open at that hour, according to him. I filled 2 trucks, a motorcycle and 6 5 gallon tanks tonight, and *many* stations near me were already outta gas.

It'll come back, folks, it's just a matter of time. We will all be just fine, the sky, in fact, is *not* falling. Pray for our friends who have REALLY been hurt, they are legion.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:39:47 AM EDT
My brother lives near Atlanta and paid $3.29 a gallon yesterday afternoon. He called to warn me of the pending shortage and I filled up everything I have at $2.49 as the price increases & panic buying had not set in here. I imagine that will be a different story today.

I remember Jimmy Carter's long gas lines, it wasn't pretty.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:39:54 AM EDT

A friend of mine said Selma stations are putting the limit at $30/person. FWIW
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:04:05 AM EDT
My youngest S-I-L said she couldn't find any stations locally (rural Hale County) with gas yesterday afternoon - not even the farmer's co-op...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:27:55 AM EDT
Local Lowes store got gas cans in, so I went and sat till they opened and got two and filled them this AM.
Top Top