Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:42:13 PM EST
Here is a quick question, my residnce is in CT however my father owns a good chunck of property in VT can I purcahse a Preban / No Ban weapon (Rifle) in VT and keep it on the property as long as I dont bring it back to CT, or do I have to be a resident of VT do do such? Thakks Medic17
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:36:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 4:37:41 AM EST by pjmaxm]
When in Rome. In VT No-Ban is the law, so since it is a rifle there should be no problems. You cannot buy a pistol in a state other than your state of residence, but rifles do not fall under that rule. Also I would assume the rifle would be kept at your father's house and in his possesion. Your only thing is like you said, make sure that no-ban rifle doesn't make it back to CT.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:48:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 10:51:24 AM EST by Medic17]
So what your are saying its okay to purchase a rifle in my name even though I do not have an address in that state, as long as I do not bring it back to CT I am okay? It would be kept at his house.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:04:21 PM EST
From an FFL. No private sales.
Top Top