Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2018 4:20:19 PM EDT
Even thou i don't live in CA, i travel there many times a year for both work and vacation.

For some reason or another, i can not get a damn answer out of the Cal DOJ as far as being able to Register a few of my AR-15's so i can take it to that Communist State when i go on vacation a few times a year to shoot with my friends trapped there behind enemy lines.

Does anyone know how i can register an AR-15 style rifle (it will be completely Kommunist Compliant before entering the state). Ca DOJ is being stupid with me as they don't seem to know.

Perhaps someone can shoot me in the right direction over at the Cal DOJ, (i've alread tried on line and calling them from the numbers on the web site). Seems they are Anti-2nd amendment people over there when i talk to them.

TIA.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure registration is for residents only.

eta And it's only for bullet button equipped rifles.  Go featureless (on a non- banned lower) and you're gtg.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Registration IS for residents only.

If you want to visit/vacation/stay (anything other than coming to compete), you need to have a California-compliant rifle with magazines that hold ten rounds or less.

Read up on the regulations regarding importation of ammunition, too, or buy your ammo here.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Registration IS for residents only.

If you want to visit/vacation/stay (anything other than coming to compete), you need to have a California-compliant rifle with magazines that hold ten rounds or less.

Read up on the regulations regarding importation of ammunition, too, or buy your ammo here.
View Quote
Non-residents are exempt from the 50-round limit, I believe.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I just talked this over with my wife, and she said "fuck that communist state, lets go to the Bahamas for vacation this year"

So thank you all for your input, Seems like CA is a No Go for any freedoms.... You guys behind enemy lines has my sympathy.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 12:58:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds reasonable.  Why the Bahamas are practically heaven when it comes to gun freedoms.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 1:56:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds reasonable.  Why the Bahamas are practically heaven when it comes to gun freedoms.
View Quote
LOL, right?  The Bahamas make CA seem like a gun owner's paradise by comparison.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL, right?  The Bahamas make CA seem like a gun owner's paradise by comparison.
View Quote
When we go boating/island hopping there, we keep and carry arms, never had an issue, not even with the US Coast Guard. Much freedom compared to CA.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]
lol Have fun!
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#10]
We have rules.  Waiting for the pictures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top