Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2010 8:43:48 AM EDT

Nestled in a forest of pine and birch trees, 'Sundown Lodge'is a cozy mountain retreat with access to an abundance of outdoor activities year round. The Lodge is located in Roslyn Ridge, a vacation community minutes from Lake Cle Elum and the historic town of Roslyn. Roslyn Ridge is set in the beautiful Central Cascades with plenty of snow in the winter and sun in the summer. Snowmobile to your door with the Cle Elum Ridge trail only minutes away.

Sundown Lodge is set on one of the larger, more private lots in Roslyn Ridge, with the backyard facing the forest. Watch the scenery from the wraparound porch or in the cozy living room by the gas fireplace. Deer and elk are frequent visitors near the forested area behind the cabin. For snowmobilers, trails can be acccessed from directly behind the cabin without the need to ride on snowplowed roads.

The lodge has plenty of space and is great for gatherings of family or friends. The two main floor bedrooms each have a queen bed. There's an additional two queen beds in the upstairs sleeping loft for a total sleeping capacity of eight. For larger groups there are additional cabins for rent right next door that can be arranged.

The living room, dining room and kitchen is one great room with high ceilings. The lodge is decorated in a cozy, western theme with pine furniture. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need. Outside there is a large backyard area with a grass lawn, a picnic table, an above ground fire pit, and gas BBQ.

The lodge comes with access to the Roslyn Ridge Activity Center, just a short walk away. This new facility has a large outdoor pool and sunning deck, hot tub, tennis courts, basketball court, beach volleyball, shower/locker room facilities, conference room with free WiFi access, exercise bikes and more!! Entrance to the Roslyn Ridge Activity Center is $5 per guest per day. The Roslyn Ridge Activity Center is open only in the summer season, opening Memorial Day and closing the end of September.

For outdoor enthusiasts, the Wenatchee National Forest is just down the road offering snowmobiling, cross country skiing, hiking, and horseback trails. There are many trails with amazing mountain views and alpine lakes. Lake Cle Elum is close by for boating, fishing or relaxing at the beach and nearby rivers are great for rafting, kayaking, or tubing.

Suncadia is very close by with world class golf courses and restaurants. The nearby historic town of Roslyn, where Northern Exposure was filmed,offers several great restaurants including the famous Roslyn Café and the Brick Tavern. There are also some historical sites, a natural market, and a movie theatre.

• Cabin w/ garage
• 2 Bedrooms
• Loft w / two queen size beds
• Sleeps Eight
• TV
• DVD
• WiFi
• Full Kitchen w/ all the amenities
• Washer Dryer
• Deck/Patio
• Bbq Grill
• Fire Pit

my grand-daughter and I, walking the edge of Lk. Ele Elum

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:48:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2010 8:48:50 AM EDT by PCR-00]
That person sitting on the porch, in the first pic, has the longest legs I've ever seen!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:57:17 AM EDT
Funny... I don't recall the armory having a dirt floor.

Used to spend quite a bit if time there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:20:40 AM EDT
YUM! Funnel Cake... WANT!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:24:45 AM EDT
I <3 sheep.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:32:56 AM EDT
Looks like you had a great getaway!

The funnel cake makes me jealous!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:34:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ebrguy:
YUM! Funnel Cake... WANT!

the Funnel Cake was really good, and believe it or not; that was the first time for me to have that desert treat! and for lunch we had the Bbq’d Pulled-Pork sandwich with an awesome coleslaw

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:04:26 PM EDT
What did the cabin run ya? Link to their website?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:19:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:22:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2010 9:37:07 PM EDT by Globemaster]
Link to their website?

the kids rented out the cabin, and worked out a discounted deal with the owner, and I don’t know what they got it for? as they would not tell us

here’s the web-link

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:24:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Globemaster:
Link to their website?

the kids rented out the cabin, and worked out a discounted deal with the owner, and I don’t know what they got it for? as they would not tell us

here’s the web-link

Cool..thx

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:46:54 PM EDT
Their normal pricing doesn't look bad at all. You can pay more than that for a hotel at the beach. Get a couple of families together and its pretty darn affordable.

What's the area like? Lots of room for the kids to play? Neighbors? Can you setup targets in the back yard?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:28:44 AM EDT
Their normal pricing doesn't look bad at all. You can pay more than that for a hotel at the beach. Get a couple of families together and it’s pretty darn affordable.

Agreed … and the area is really nice and fairly remote too; and there’s lots of things for the kids to do, such as the main Activity Center that is located at the entrance of the complex that has a large swimming pool with a play area (swings and slides) and there are neighbors as the geographic layout of the complex is like a neighborhood with multiple cul-de-sacs; as for setting up targets; I’m sure it’s a (no go) within the complex, but if you Google-Earth ‘Ronald, Wa.’ you can see the Roslyn Ridge cabins, and I took a couple of carbines and pistols to shoot, but my son-in-law and I just didn’t have enough time to get that trip to the forest scheduled into the long weekend, as the trip to the Ellensburg Fair and Rodeo and the other little activities, had precedence of that fun run!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:17:40 AM EDT
Somehow, I thought the pix of chicks shaving would be, um....different.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:41:17 AM EDT
How did you get my bed frame in your cabin?
Top Top