Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/24/2008 3:00:10 PM EDT
I'll be down there working the game on Sat as always but were going down early on Friday, I'll have some time to kill. Any shops close by that are worth visiting. Normally we drive down, work and come home, never have any time to explore.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
nothing else really in Columbus but some in the surrounding area

- Buckeye Outdoors (bigger sister store of Vances) in Hebron at US 40 and State Route 79
- Black Wing Shooting Center west of Delaware on on US 36
- New Albany Shooting Range northeast of New Albany on US 62 (Johnstown Rd) - beware of the snobby workers

Link Posted: 9/24/2008 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Aumillers Gun Shop in Westerville (Main and State streets), but I've been going in there over 30 years.

--
Mike
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
You can check out the used guns at either Gander Mountain, their new stuff tends to be higher than V/B. The East location has tripple the guns of the West store.

Champions Shooters Supply in New Albany, not much of a gun selection, but what they do have is high class. Nice place for Camp Perry type comp shooting gear.

Barnes Guns down in Lancaster has a big selection of used guns, good to go just hang out if nothing else.

Ohio Valley, also in Lancaster and Logan has a nice selection, and the Lancaster location has a nice indoor range.

New Albany Shooting Range used to be good, not sure if it is a gun shop any more

Buckeye Outdoors is my favorite.
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't waste your time at New Albany (high prices, terrible customer service and idiotic policies).  Aside from Vance's and Buckeye Outdoors, Blackwing Shooting Center has the best values.  If you're not against driving a bit for a bargain, go to Ashland, Ohio and visit Fin, Feather & Fur, just off of Route 71 North, above Mansfield.
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Au Miller's in Westerville is cool, like mbott mentioned.  They have a lot of old mg's to look at (but you can't handle them or anything), like an mg34, a BAR, mp40, a bunch of Tommy guns, etc.  The guy can be a little gruff sometimes but I still like going in there when I'm in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/25/2008 2:53:59 AM EDT
[#6]
gander mountain just outside of 270 in reynoldsburg  has a good selection of used firearms.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You can check out the used guns at either Gander Mountain, their new stuff tends to be higher than V/B. The East location has tripple the guns of the West store.

Champions Shooters Supply in New Albany, not much of a gun selection, but what they do have is high class. Nice place for Camp Perry type comp shooting gear.

Barnes Guns down in Lancaster has a big selection of used guns, good to go just hang out if nothing else.

Ohio Valley, also in Lancaster and Logan has a nice selection, and the Lancaster location has a nice indoor range.

New Albany Shooting Range used to be good, not sure if it is a gun shop any more

Buckeye Outdoors is my favorite.

Barnes is a very nice shop to go to, I live in a burb of Columbus and its about 45 miles or so for me to get there, but lots of cool stuff for sure, the guy that used to manage the place was a heck of a good guy, would cut you some sweet deals if you were dealing in cash.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I like Blackwing Shooting Center the best, followed by taking advantage of the occasional sale prices at Vance's.

As others have said, New Albany is full of idiots behind the counter and not worth the drive!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
A place called Aumiller gun shop in Westerville.  It is a really small shop but they have a nice selection.  Mainly if you are in the market for automatics and 20K+ guns.

Gun World in Hilliard is a fun place to go.  I try to buy as much as I can from Gun World.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:53:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Im not crazy about New Albany either, I have been up there twice to purchase CZ rifles that they had on sale, the last time I went up there to buy a 22WMR the guy was shitty with me about providing directions, Im in Gun World once or twice a month simply because its close to me.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top