Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/19/2002 10:57:04 AM EDT
We need to keep a list of these places.
AR15.com is a perfect place to store this info.
PLease post your shooting area's.

I have 3 to give.

HWY 224 past estacada. 2 Miles past promatory, Take memaloose road. Shoot anywhere you like here.

Wildcat mountian. Drive through Sandy on 26, take right turn at shorty's corner.
Follow signs to wildcat MT. Shoot anywhere you like.

ZigZag and other MT. Hood Areas.
Go down HWY 26, there's SO many places to shoot in the national forest area. Find a place with no homes and sign that say you can't shoot.

Link Posted: 12/20/2002 1:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to head out to the coast range and shoot.Are several places but always felt uneasy at them because of the trash,trees shot down and other creepy unsafe shooters showing up while I'm there. Joined Tri-County Club in Sherwood.Nice place and it's closer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Fat McNasty and I have logged a lot of time at the Jackson County Sports Park in White City (near Medford).  Well, he's logged in much more time there than me.  Cost is 2 bucks.  Covered benches at most sites, 100 and 200 yard ranges.  Pistol range, archery area and a place to shoot clays.  They keep expanding it.

They started implementing range nazis during hunting season at the main rifle range.  Only there it seems, and not at the 'secondary' rifle range.

There's suppose to be a nice place in Grants Pass with some distance, but I've never been there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to just head out into the boonies and shoot but it seems BLM as well as the private timber companies post signs forbidding target shooting these days.  

I used to hang out a lot on Longview Fiber land.  Not anymore except during deer season.  My favorite areas used to be "Thomas Creek" (BLM) area near Mill City (heading to Detroit Lake).  Now with locked gates EVERYWHERE.  Also the Abiqua Basin / Crooked finger East of Mollala/Silverton.  Also gates everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#4]
in klamath falls, there's a rock quarry I always shoot at down at the end of balsam drive.  balsam drive connects to the southside bypass (which connects hwy 97 and hwy 39) just past hwy 160 (I think ... the one from kf to white city (and on to medford))

here in corvallis, I just go toward mary's peak (coast range) and shoot.

of course, I don't have a car, so I rely on friends who are going shooting.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]

They started implementing range nazis during hunting season at the main rifle range.  Only there it seems, and not at the 'secondary' rifle range.

There were too many idiots out there twirling loaded glocks, retards walking down range when it was hot, etc. etc. etc.  Medford Rifle Pistol Club had to do something.  Just imagine the ammo the antis (Asslandites) would have if someone got whacked out there.  I still go there when I don't have the time to go up into the hills (Eldeberry Flats, and an unknown location near Lake of the Woods).  If you give $50/yr to MRPC or are a member of Oregon Hunt Club, you can shoot there for free.  The MRPC membership also allows you to get into the indoor pistol range on Villas 24/7.

I'll probably bump into ya out there sometime (when the weather gets better).

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
jacksons county
I have just finished cutting the 12" X 12" steel plates for the secondary range. I will be getting the frames made soon. These are going at 150 200 250 300 yards. I got a deal going with the range masters there. The archery range is comming out and a 22cal Rim fire range is going in will look like a gallary. I should have the armor plate for the animals soon. Gota get the cash together 88$ish for a 4'X4' chunk animals will be plasma cut. As for un safe crap at the range.... HEHE Im a NRA instructor and I usually end up running the section im at. No biggy I getting sweep by a idiot with a loaded AK..  Remember that Stealth..
If ther is mis spellings im sorry im writing this via my laptop.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There were too many idiots out there twirling loaded glocks, retards walking down range when it was hot, etc. etc. etc.  Medford Rifle Pistol Club had to do something.  

I hear ya.  It's not bad when there's just a few of us out there watching over each other.  If an idiot is on the range we all tend to let him know about it (in a big way!).   When hunting season rolls around there's so many of them out it's hard to watch them and shoot.  I don't mind at all if there's range nazi watching my back at that point.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I shoot at the quarry by Browns Camp off hwy 6 in Tillamook County. About 25 miles from Forest Grove. About 200 yrds. depending on were you stand. Pretty friendly people. Spend alot of time there.

http://home.comcast.net/~ms97116/quarry.jpg
Link Posted: 1/19/2003 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Well now, 'twas a pretty good weekend for plinkin' here in Orygun. No rain, some sun, no snow at the quarry. Got to blow the dust out of my guns and ran into a guy who had brought a friend from England who had never shot a gun before. Broke him into the sport real good. He left grinnin'

Banghippie.gif
Link Posted: 1/19/2003 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I was almost all the way up the road to brown's camp but there were tons of families out on ATVs and such.

But went down to jones camp and went way up in the sticks.

and damn does a canteloupe explode when you shoot it with a 50 grain JHP.
Link Posted: 1/19/2003 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#11]
The ATVers stay away from the quarry when we start blastin'. On a sadder note I did run into a couple of kids and they had an SKS they just got. Asked them where they got their ammo and they said Fairly Honest Don's. He took them for $75.00 for 500 rounds of Wolf. Asshole. I set them straight.

Bang hippie.gif
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#12]
To get to the quarry take a left off hwy 6 at the road maintenance shop. At the T in the road go right toward Brown’s Camp. Take the first turn off to the right, (it goes down hill over a small bridge at the bottom and back up again.) There stay to the left at the turn off for University Falls. You’ll come to another T, take a right. The quarry is on the left side of the road just pass the trees. If people are shooting you’ll hear them at the last T.

Bang hippie.gif
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Can you send me a 6 digit grid? or a lat/long?

I followed the signs all the way back to the last T for browns camp. That is when we gave up. Kids on dirt bikes everywhere…
Link Posted: 1/23/2003 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Most of the maps I've seen don't really show it and I don't have a GPS yet.

Bang hippie.gif
Link Posted: 1/23/2003 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#15]
If I get up there...  I'll take my GPS along with me and post the Lat/long here, but, as I have never been there before, I have to find it first. I will making a try for it this sunday.

Is this a good place to go on weekdays?

Link Posted: 1/23/2003 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#16]
About the only time you can't shoot there is when they are taking rock out. But they usally do that before winter. If the weather isn't too bad I might be up there myself. Look for the blue '02 Ford Ranger with the pirate flag. That be me.

Bang hippie.gif

Oh ya CB ch.13
Link Posted: 1/23/2003 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#17]
And if ya get really lost and make it all the way up to Brown's Camp, turn around and at the 3 way stop go left. Stay on that road and the quarry is on the left.

Bang hippie.gif
Link Posted: 1/24/2003 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#18]
What is this "CB" you speak of?  j/k...  I don't have a CB, but I can listen on my HAM radio...  Going to the gun show on Saturday.  Sunday I'm gonna try to go up there...  I'll look for ya!

Link Posted: 1/24/2003 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn, somethin' else I got to spend money on.

Bang
Link Posted: 1/26/2003 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Well.. I couldn't make it up to the "camp".  maybe next weekend or perhaps on one of these weekdays, since I don't have a job.  If anybody is hiring... I'm lookin!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2003 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#21]
The Quary:
N453639.3
W1232145.4
WGS84

cheers

Link Posted: 2/22/2003 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm going to head up to the quarry on Sunday. Looks like it'll be the best day this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/23/2003 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#23]
I was going to, but it's too windy.

Nick
Link Posted: 2/23/2003 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#24]
It did die down some about mid day. Still had a fair amount of folks show up to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2003 11:30:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I should read this forums threads more often.

Hope you guys had a great time!

Stewart
Link Posted: 2/28/2003 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Fun at the quarry last weekend with my 870 pump and some 3" mags shells.
guned.com/pages/movies/6thnewcomp12gage.rm
Link Posted: 3/1/2003 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Fun at the quarry last weekend with my 870 pump and some 3" mags shells.
guned.com/pages/movies/6thnewcomp12gage.rm

Hahaha, looks like fun! A lot off bikes running around there?

-MrMaeda
Link Posted: 3/2/2003 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Just up on the road. The shooters have the quarry to ourselves. They stop to watch but stay out of the way.
Link Posted: 3/6/2003 2:39:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Whats the longest range we got at the White City range or in southern Oregon for that matter?

-Mike
Link Posted: 3/6/2003 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I have to take the o'lady down to Eugene this weekend. After I dump her off where can I go blastin'?
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Jefferson State Shooters Association Range at Klamath Sportsman's Park ($4.00/day, $30.00/year) open generally 7 days a week, 8AM to dusk.
Ranges
50M handgun and light rifle
200M Rifle
50M Bay
600M Rifle
12 Stand Sporting Clays (2nd and 4th saturdays may-september)
IDPA, PPC, Bowling Pins, Service Rifle, SASS.
Shoot dates can be found on
http://www.pistolcraft.com/JSSA
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#32]
OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY, a dry Saturday!!!! To the quarry men!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I shot in the rain last Sunday.  it wasn't too bad, or all that wet, really.  I'd even say it was mostly dry.  then again, I left at 2pm, *after* the torrential downpour around 11am.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
About the only time you can't shoot there is when they are taking rock out. But they usally do that before winter. If the weather isn't too bad I might be up there myself. Look for the blue '02 Ford Ranger with the pirate flag. That be me.

Bang

Oh ya CB ch.13

Saw you this morning. Was in a group of four wheelers (2Big Broncos club), was in a teal Ranger shortbox.

Nick
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Ya I remember seein' you guys drive by. Did ya find any mud to play in?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Little mud, mostly pretty dry. Ran Firebreak 5 and Saddle up. Had some people in another club roll a Landcruiser right behind us. Lots of fun!

Nick
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Say, I was out washin' my truck and thought I saw your truck at Karen's Korner Apartments today. Your O' lady driven?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Umm...nope, she can't drive stick; we've both been home all day-don't tell me there's another one looks like mine out there[>Q]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like Sunday's a good day to plink at the quarry. Got gas, bullets and the o'lady is duck taped to the couch.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
To get to the quarry take a left off hwy 6 at the road maintenance shop. At the T in the road go right toward Brown’s Camp. Take the first turn off to the right, (it goes down hill over a small bridge at the bottom and back up again.) There stay to the left at the turn off for University Falls. You’ll come to another T, take a right. The quarry is on the left side of the road just pass the trees. If people are shooting you’ll hear them at the last T.

Bang hippie.gif

Drove out to the quarry today for the first time.  Great spot to sight in my first ar.  Your directions were flawless.  Thanks Bang!

-Dave
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm still hopin' for one dry day this weekend to try out the Tannerite I got this week. I was leanin' toward Sunday because at the beginning of the week they said it would be dry but now I don't know.

Edited to say: You're welcome yrlessdave. Hope to see you down there some time. Just look for the blue Ford Ranger. What kind of gun did you get?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh and I'm changing over from DSL to Cable so all my pix are gone for the time being. (Price thing. More money for ammo and stuff!)
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Bang - picked up a new post ban A3 20 inch bushy from Keiths at the last gun show in April.  Figured it would be a good, basic ar to start with.  Have already decided that the next one will have to be a 16 inch with a shorty/ fake collapsible stock if I ever want the wife to come shooting or defend the homestead.  Or at least that's the arguement I'm hoping will get the "finance committee" to approve the necessary fundage. he

If you ever see me up there I'll also be in the blue Ford Ranger.  For now I'm gonna have to save up my pennies to buy more ammo and things to blow up.  Take care good sir, -D
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn it was so hot today that the lead in my ammo was meltin' before it got out the barrel of my gun. Honest to god story. Swear on my great grand pappy's grave!

I did run into a guy up there that said they would be workin' in the quarry for a couple of weeks so it would be closed to shooting for a little bit while they had their gear down there. He first said they'd be down there by the end of the week and I said so you'll be there for the 4th of July weekend and he said no. He also said he was lookin' for a guy with a drill 'cuz they was goin' to do some blastin'. I told him I hadn't seen the guy and that there wasn't any place to plug one in down there anyhow. The heat must of been gettin' to him 'cuz he didn't look like he did drugs. By then it was gettin' hotter so I went home and drank beer.

Edited cuz the beer's gettin' to my spellin' finger.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Man ohh man I believe ya. Was 104* here. At our range down here we had a pow wow going on. lol was rather interesting. I had the urge to pull the trigger on every beat of the drums. Atleast no fire at the 300yrd line this weekend. lol

-MrMaeda
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#46]
I was up at the brown’s camp quarry Saturday afternoon.  damn hot!!

do you guys usually shoot from the berm?  or go down below it?  We set up some actual ISPC-style targets w/ target stands and were doing 10 yard work from down below and some other people shoed up so we got nervous and ran back up top.

Oh, BTW - it is at N 45.61093 W 123.36282

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I like to shoot from the top but I go along with what's going on when I get there.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I did run into a guy up there that said they would be workin' in the quarry for a couple of weeks so it would be closed to shooting for a little bit while they had their gear down there.

i drove up there today since I had a little time...  DAMN!  they had all kind of crazy machines and crap in there.  not a damn way to shoot.

Had to go down farther to jones creek and shoot.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#49]
The guy I talked to said if they didn't run into any problems they hoped to have it done in about three weeks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Gackman where do you shoot by Jones Creek? Have never shot there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top