Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 1:29:17 AM EDT
I am looking at buying a RRA rifle off of a website but i have a couple of questions.....

I know i have to send it to a FFL but are there any good FFL in northwest IN?

How would it work because i am deployed but i have someone at home that can pick it up?

Thank You
Cody
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually use Jim Shema's in Merrillville.

JIM SHEMA'S OUTDOOR SPORTS
City: MERRILLVILLE    State: IN    Zip: 46410
Phone #: (219)769-2662

Jim's a real nice guy.

You could have a spouse (if you're married!) purchase it, or if you had someone else in mind that would buy it and keep it to "sell" to you on your return, like father, mother etc.

Thanks for your service!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Click the link below and enter the telephone area code for where you live. That will give you a list of some dealers in your region who do firearms transfers.

Transfer Dealers

You can legally have someone back home purchase it in your place. It is only considered an illegal "strawman purchase" if you have someone purchase a firearm for you because you cannot legally purchase a firearm yourself.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Click the link below and enter the telephone area code for where you live. That will give you a list of some dealers in your region who do firearms transfers.

Transfer Dealers

You can legally have someone back home purchase it in your place. It is only considered an illegal "strawman purchase" if you have someone purchase a firearm for you because you cannot legally purchase a firearm yourself.

Stay safe.

thanks for the link  

i was planning on using Blythes and they were on the list
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top