Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2012 5:43:48 PM EDT
Dixie Gun and knife show

Get yer online tickets now before they sell out!  

Call all your friends on your Obamaphone and tell them to come too!  

Price gouging is sure to abound!  It will be fun for everyone!  Reminisce about the good old days when you could actually find ammo, let alone afford it!

Be amazed at the people selling tomato seeds for $5 per pack!

Be blown away by a magnesium fire starter, the eigth most common element in the earths crust, and the ninth in the known universe, for only $39.99!!!

Pick up your jaw off the floor by finding gently used GI mags for your ar-15 pre-loaded with lake city green tip for a paltry FIFTY DOLLARS EACH!!!!

Pick up a couple pallets of mildly corroded ammunition in tetanus inducing tins that may or may not have been in some third world country for the last 75 years, at the bottom of a well or something....

Find some rare steel cased ammo from russia for a bargain price of $500/k

Get the last case of Federal XM193 in existence for a measly $2k/k

Pick up a soon to be banned AR/AK/Saiga/Body Armor/FNfiveseven/uzi/highcapmag/strikeanywherematches/whatever!!!!!  GET THEM WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

Stand in line for a few hours and talk about how obama sucks and doesn't have a real birth certificate while you freeze your nuts off and some security guard keeps moving the damn line.

Pass coupons down the line, set them in a pile with a rock on top on that picnic table that is right near the ticket booths.  Grab some more on your way out for next time!

Pay eleven bucks for a cheeseburger, fries and a pepsi while you watch a line of rednecks clean out the ATM $200 at a time so they can pay cash for that SKS and avoid the 3% markup for plastic.  

While you are in the cafeteria, look for a group of moody loners toward the back wall and introduce yourself!  We will all be gathered around a lonely coffee cup sometime around 11 on saturday!
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Pass coupons down the line!

And I thought I was the only one that printed off multiple coupons and handed them out...  

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:03:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I thought I was the only one that printed off multiple coupons and handed them out...  

Nope, I always print out three.  One for me and two for whoever.  I try to spot a BFL or a Veteran and hand 'em out.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:04:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dixie Gun and knife show

Price gouging is sure to abound!  It will be fun for everyone!  Reminisce about the good old days when you could actually find ammo, let alone afford it!

Be blown away by a magnesium fire starter, the eigth most common element in the earths crust, and the ninth in the known universe, for only $39.99!!!

Pick up your jaw off the floor by finding gently used GI mags for your ar-15 pre-loaded with lake city green tip for a paltry FIFTY DOLLARS EACH!!!!

Pick up a couple pallets of mildly corroded ammunition in tetanus inducing tins that may or may not have been in some third world country for the last 75 years, at the bottom of a well or something....

Pick up a soon to be banned AR/AK/Saiga/Body Armor/FNfiveseven/uzi/highcapmag/strikeanywherematches/whatever!!!!!  GET THEM WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

Stand in line for a few hours and talk about how obama sucks and doesn't have a real birth certificate while you freeze your nuts off and some security guard keeps moving the damn line.

Pass coupons down the line, set them in a pile with a rock on top on that picnic table that is right near the ticket booths.  Grab some more on your way out for next time!

Pay eleven bucks for a cheeseburger, fries and a pepsi while you watch a line of rednecks clean out the ATM $200 at a time so they can pay cash for that SKS and avoid the 3% markup for plastic.  

While you are in the cafeteria, look for a group of moody loners toward the back wall and introduce yourself!  We will all be gathered around a lonely coffee cup sometime around 11 on saturday!

That's awesome.

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW I am looking for a .308 lower.  Stripped.   I don't have much money.... but if some kind soul wants to help a brother out, let me know.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there, will try to make it to the order of the cup meeting.

I was looking for a conceal pistol, but after the election I think I need
load up on hi-cap mags and any black rifle that could unavailable soon.

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dixie Gun and knife show

Out of all the times I have gone to this show, I have not once met any of you guys.  I either don't get there in time, or I forget all about it.  Maybe this year...if I can get someone to cover for me at work...
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, I always print out three.  One for me and two for whoever.  I try to spot a BFL or a Veteran and hand 'em out.

Got to look out for our brothers.....

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Dixie Gun and knife show

This sounds like 2007!

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:29:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Dixie Gun and knife show

This sounds like 2007!

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/AssaultRifler/Misc/2011/DixieGuide.jpg

Whoa Whoa!!!

Where is the free Jerky tables

Also please note the location of the best vendor at every show Ed's Guns

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Meh.

I'll have to wait and see if I can muster up enough 'interest' to fight the crowds. Panic buying was never a favorite past time of mine.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Meh.

I'll have to wait and see if I can muster up enough 'interest' to fight the crowds. Panic buying was never a favorite past time of mine.

Me either but I like to watch it and hear the BS.

"This here Colt 6920 will be banned by Sunday evening,  For you I'll let it go for only $2500"
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:18:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Bump for Cup Day.  Please don't bring the flu along with you

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:34:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm going.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Going to have to pass on this. Hopefully one of these times I can make it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Couldn't work up the motivation to fight my way through the unwashed masses to look at "banned rare" overpriced items.

Have to be out of town tomorrow so I guess I'll just skip it.

Hate missing the Cup meeting.

Besides there is that new M&P9 bought last month and those 10 new mags for it that just showed up via UPS to pay for.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#16]
well I'm still getting over the bug, so I missed the order of the cup, hopefully next time.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I did not attend so that I would not bring the flu along with me.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Did ya'll see the Twinkies stuffed in the ammo can for $100????

I didn't either....didn't go.   But, I wanna hear the AAR!!!   Let's hear about the Gander Mountain-esque prices!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#19]
This was the line around 9:30 ish or so to get it.  Pretty long. That' the building in front the Graham Building.  The Jim Graham Building is about another picture's width to the right.  With my prepaid ticket by PayPal it didn't apply to me

Here's a group photo shoot of the Cup Meeting at 11:15.  Attendance was light.

I bought some jerky!  I think I got flu germs on it

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Were the prices insane?  How about availability.  I might try for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Were the prices insane?  How about availability.  I might try for tomorrow.

Prices were pretty much on par with the current market. Plenty of ammo (5.56 running from $380 - $425 per 1K) but there are better deals to be had online. Most of the local gun stores are cheaper than what I saw. Wish I'd have skipped this one, it wasn't worth fighting the crowd.  

Deal of the day: paratrooper SKS. Tag read : "short model SKS, VERY RARE!" For a mere $975 it can be yours.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Some of my predictions didn't pan out.  

Obx ammo wasn't there.

Didn't see any seeds, was a bit less "prepper stuff" than has become the norm.

Somebody stole a gun from a vendor and I believe it was recovered.  May F*ck be upon the perp.  

So when I showed up at ten after, I was greeted by a line of thousands, no wait, tens of thousands, no millions of folks.  Seriously, it was a really long line.  I just walked my happy self up to the front, convieniently walked right in the front door, handed them my print out of my paypal transaction that was quickly made over the internet a week ago, and walked right in.  

Ammo started at and went to

I bought a couple stickers.  I didn't get any cool t shirts because only a few places had any that were cool.  One I don't do business with on principle, the other was too busy to manage a simple transaction in two seperate instances.  There was a nice large setup of milsurp stuff near where obx ammo usually sets up at.  I purchased some first aid stuff for my EOTWAWKI stash and a backpack that is much smaller than what I currently inventory.  Because sometimes I don't need to haul around a huge pack.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#23]
I made it to the show about 11:15 on Sunday, no line at all  

Got some reloading supplies, a few mags, a little ammo, and some iron sights.

Sellers seemed a little friendlier, even got a few combo deals with all cash

But the aisles were packed with people making it hard to see the guns.

And on the way home a visit to Cookout, good use of a Sunday.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This was the line around 9:30 ish or so to get it.  Pretty long. That' the building in front the Graham Building.  The Jim Graham Building is about another picture's width to the right.  With my prepaid ticket by PayPal it didn't apply to me

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/AssaultRifler/Misc/2012/OrderCupNov_01.jpg

Here's a group photo shoot of the Cup Meeting at 11:15.  Attendance was light.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/AssaultRifler/Misc/2012/OrderCupNov_04.jpg

I bought some jerky!  I think I got flu germs on it

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/AssaultRifler/Misc/2012/OrderCupNov_02.jpg

I think that is me near the end of the line... The sun was warm... but when you got behind the building in the shade.... was chilly.... Missed the order of the cup... Were shit tons of people there...  

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Stayed Saturday from open, I was in the shaded part by the other building and it was cold. Prices for the most part looked to be on par with the past shows, lot's more ammo and MREs rolling out on handcarts than usual. As always, tons of people filled the building, standing in the middle of isles, congesting them, bumping into each other, nothing new.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:55:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Somebody stole a gun from a vendor and I believe it was recovered.  May F*ck be upon the perp.  

I noticed some of the vendors didn't string their handguns with a cable like most do and should do. Not to blame the victim but some common sense should be in order. Then everytime there's a stolen gun they use that metal detector at the exit you have to walk through.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:44:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Well hell, if I had seen this thread before hand I would have stopped and said hi.  I was there working.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#28]
How much were cases of MREs going for?  The asshats at the NC Militia table wanted $65/case at the winston show a couple weeks ago.  And the cardboard boxes had been wet and had dried out.

"You can't get these anymore"

I bit my tongue and didn't tell him that I had bought 4 cases the day before for $35/case.

Gotta love the fun shows!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How much were cases of MREs going for?  The asshats at the NC Militia table wanted $65/case at the winston show a couple weeks ago.  And the cardboard boxes had been wet and had dried out.

I bit my tongue and didn't tell him that I had bought 4 cases the day before for $35/case.

$50-65 the ones I saw at several tables.  late 2012 and early 2013 inspection dates.  Mostly case B

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I didn't pay attention to the prices as 1.) I believe there are better ways of long shelf life food that is lighter & healthier and 2.) I too usually find them through other avenues for around $35  each, sometimes right outside the show at the flea market in fact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top