Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 4:08:42 PM EDT
I dont know much about CCW's
but in a discussion on a sports board someone commented how they couldnt get a CCW for LA county.  I said move to Orange County and Corona will give you one.
his response was he is in OC and has one but it is no good in LA county.

true?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
the CCW is issued by countys but good for the entire state. most cops in LA county have never seen one so be carefull they tend to gun grab. OH by the way Mike Corrona is OC sheriff, Lee Baca is LA Sheriff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
the CCW is issued by countys but good for the entire state. most cops in LA county have never seen one so be carefull they tend to gun grab. OH by the way Mike Corrona is OC sheriff, Lee Baca is LA Sheriff.

Ya know, I knew that....long day....
going to fix it now...lol

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#3]
It may be true. Generally, the CCW issued by county sheriff should be good anywhere in the state (except in federal property), but issuing agency certainly can post any restriction as they see fit. It is possible that your friend for some reason get a CCW with restriction where it's only valid within OC.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#4]
In general, a OC CCW is good through out  the state.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The issuing agency can apply any restriction they want, but another jurisdiction cant invalidate permits in their territory.  SF has tried a couple times and have been overturned.  Only some of the cops dont get the word so.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top