Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/21/2003 11:47:05 AM EDT
I just moved up to orange county from westchester. I'm in the town of Walden now. Can you guys fill me in on the pistol permit application? I've never bothered to look into it, since I was in westchester all my life, and it's a serious pain in the ass there.

What are my chances of getting a carry permit?

And are there any nearby ranges?

Thanks guys,
Rob
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:53:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/21/2003 6:53:42 PM EDT by GunnyG]
I got mine approved back in July after submitting in May (2.5 month turnaround time)

Check out www.ocshooters.com That site has plenty of detailed instructions for the Orange County pistol permit application process.

I'm a member at Blackrock (south of Vail's Gate on 32)
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:15:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/22/2003 5:15:44 AM EDT by 308_Scout]
I think they just changed the permit application, but should still be easy. You can get the paperwork from the Government building in Goshen. You will need 4 references, and they also must live in Orange County. It took me about 3 months to get mine.

I have a restricted permit. I'm thinking about applying for a carry permit, but I don't have any info on that. Anyone else know how hard/easy it is to get a carry permit in OC?

PS> Hey GunnyG! How are things in your neck of the woods?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 1:42:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 308_Scout:

PS> Hey GunnyG! How are things in your neck of the woods?

Busy as usual at usmc.mil! Haven't been able to make it out to the range in a few (too many) weeks.

BTW, thanks alot! After trying out your scout rifle, I've now got a NM M1A on layaway
Top Top