Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 10:40:51 PM EDT
I need a quick education and some recommendations for a sling for my AR15.  Here is my setup:
It's a 16" barrel, HBAR, mid length beauty with your standard CAR collapsible stock (for now).  I do have a 4 rail mid length forearm with a vertical grip mounted on it as well as a surefire G2 light. I also have an EOTech mounted on it's flat top receiver.

Keep in mind that I know almost nothing about slings.  I dont know anything about the advantages or disadvantages of the different types of slings so any and all info you can provide or point me to is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:11:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The standard 2 point is always a good stand by if you are only carrying to and from the range.

If you want a more CQB type sling, the GGG 3 point tactical slingis pretty darn nice. I have one but since I got the collapsible stock, I need to get the appropriate adaptor.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a CQB (Spectre) three point sling and liked it. My favorite sling is the HK three point heavy canvas sling. I don't like nylon canvas for slings. It feels cheap and is too slippery. The cotton canvas stays in place better, but that said, the Spectre slings are great.

For me, I like to be able to carry in a variety of ways. I like backpack carry for toting the gun with you , but having the ability to use both hands without worrying about the gun coming off your shoulder.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The Spec-Ops Mamba works good on my rifle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies everyone!  I also had a recommendation for the Booney Packer slings from a guy at the range yesterday so I will check them out as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top