Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/29/2005 2:54:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 6:19:55 PM EDT by Azalin]
I have had a couple people back out on me.

The cost of this two day class will be $285. This covers your range fees as well as your tuition. Class will be held at South River Gun Club. I am keeping this class to a max of 10 people so let me know if you are interested ASAP. I would ask that you invite any friends and pass this information on to other interested parties. I will note that this is not a beginner’s class. I only want students who are competent handgun shooters.

I will need the full amount by August 19th in order to reserve you a slot in the class. Please mail all payments to:

F. Wayne Thompson Jr

4124 Overland Trail

Snellville, GA 30039

A word from the instructor

SDave.

Martial Gun, Incorporated

Trainers Profile; Super Dave Harrington June 16, 2005

I have twenty three years of military experience and retired on June 1, 2003.

I spent the last sixteen years as a member of the U.S. Army Special Forces as an 18B weapons and tactics sergeant. My time spent in Anti and Counter terrorist training/operations is the basis of my knowledge and experience in the tactical application of firearms.

I served two tours (92-96/00-03) as a Special Operations Instructor/Non Commissioned Officer in Charge (NCOIC) for combat weapons craft in support of military operations in urban terrain and focal point close quarters battle at the U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center at Ft. Bragg, North Carolina.

I have maintained current firearms instructor certifications from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Secret Service, and the National Rifle Association since 1993.

I am a member of the Smith & Wesson Performance Center Pistol Team with additional sponsorships from Cor-Bon Ammunition and Crimson Trace laser grips. I have experience as a member of the Beretta U.S.A. Pistol Team from May’ 01 through April’ 05. I have Master Class qualifications from the International Defensive Pistol Association and the International Practical Shooting Confederation.

I am the president of Martial Gun Incorporated. MGI’s firearm training programs are comprehensive and structured for shooters of all levels to achieve a higher level of marksmanship skill with technical shooting drills, and tactical marksmanship skill with practical shooting exercises. Specific emphasis is placed on tactical decision making.

I have the knowledge, experience, and ability as a trainer/shooter to analyze your performance and clearly communicate how to improve your skill. I will impart the knowledge and provide the tools that will allow you to maximize your time, energy, and resources in the pursuit of higher skill.

The following items will facilitate the quality and flow of your handgun training;

A reliable handgun of reputable manufacture w/ maintenance equipment.

Have a quality holster and 4 magazine pouches (2 doubles/4 singles, etc.) and a minimum of 4 ea. 15 rd magazines, or 6 ea. 10 rd magazines (1911 Drivers have 10 each 7/8 round magazines - 10 rd magazines are fine).

Know your handguns zero. Expect to work as close as 3 yards and as far as 100 yards.

Seasonal weather gear, functional clothing & foot gear.

Have a suitable garment or vest for concealment work.

Certified ballistic Eye & Ear protection.

Knee and Elbow pads recommended.

Hand Held Flashlight(s) / Attachable Firearm lights w/extra batteries.

Bring a minimum of 1,500 rounds of ammunition.

Have at least 20 each ST Action Pro training rounds, they will be incorporated into training.

Duty uniform & equipment is recommended for participating military and law enforcement officers.

Be prepared to take notes!

Plan to each lunch at the range on both training days!

When packing out for training remember; “It’s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it”

Participants will receive the training timeline when the available slots are paid in full and the class is locked in.

Top Top