Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/9/2006 4:43:15 PM EDT
I'm visiting my Dad in Citris county and we're thinking about fishing from the shore at night. I'm worried about animals off all types and would like to carry but I don't have a license. Can I open carry?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:00:34 PM EDT
Negative.

HS1
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:10:17 PM EDT
Sorry, no open carry. Firearm must be concealed if in public. Private land and/or residences excluded.

Contact Citrus County Sheriff (352)726-1121

Woosaa

PS Mostly just racoons and sea gulls on the beachs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:57:46 PM EDT
IIRC you can carry OPENLY when engaged in hunting, camping, and fishing activities or coming from or going to said activities.

If you carry concealed w/o a permit you are in violation of the law
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:02:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2006 6:10:41 PM EDT by NonConformist]

<snip>

(a) This section does not authorize carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, as prohibited by ss. 790.01 and 790.02.

<snip>

(3) LAWFUL USES.--The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:

(a) Members of the Militia, National Guard, Florida State Defense Force, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, organized reserves, and other armed forces of the state and of the United States, when on duty, when training or preparing themselves for military duty, or while subject to recall or mobilization;

(b) Citizens of this state subject to duty in the Armed Forces under s. 2, Art. X of the State Constitution, under chapters 250 and 251, and under federal laws, when on duty or when training or preparing themselves for military duty;

(c) Persons carrying out or training for emergency management duties under chapter 252;

(d) Sheriffs, marshals, prison or jail wardens, police officers, Florida highway patrol officers, game wardens, revenue officers, forest officials, special officers appointed under the provisions of chapter 354, and other peace and law enforcement officers and their deputies and assistants and full-time paid peace officers of other states and of the Federal Government who are carrying out official duties while in this state;

(e) Officers or employees of the state or United States duly authorized to carry a concealed weapon;

(f) Guards or messengers of common carriers, express companies, armored car carriers, mail carriers, banks, and other financial institutions, while actually employed in and about the shipment, transportation, or delivery of any money, treasure, bullion, bonds, or other thing of value within this state;

(g) Regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive weapons from the United States or from this state, or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for target, skeet, or trap shooting, while at or going to or from shooting practice; or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for modern or antique firearms collecting, while such members are at or going to or from their collectors' gun shows, conventions, or exhibits;

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

<snip>
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:44:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NonConformist:
IIRC you can carry OPENLY when engaged in hunting, camping, and fishing activities or coming from or going to said activities.

If you carry concealed w/o a permit you are in violation of the law

Just make sure you have a VALID fishing/hunting license on your person at all times that you are armed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:58:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NonConformist:

<snip>

(a) This section does not authorize carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, as prohibited by ss. 790.01 and 790.02.

<snip>

(3) LAWFUL USES.--The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:

(a) Members of the Militia, National Guard, Florida State Defense Force, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, organized reserves, and other armed forces of the state and of the United States, when on duty, when training or preparing themselves for military duty, or while subject to recall or mobilization;

(b) Citizens of this state subject to duty in the Armed Forces under s. 2, Art. X of the State Constitution, under chapters 250 and 251, and under federal laws, when on duty or when training or preparing themselves for military duty;

(c) Persons carrying out or training for emergency management duties under chapter 252;

(d) Sheriffs, marshals, prison or jail wardens, police officers, Florida highway patrol officers, game wardens, revenue officers, forest officials, special officers appointed under the provisions of chapter 354, and other peace and law enforcement officers and their deputies and assistants and full-time paid peace officers of other states and of the Federal Government who are carrying out official duties while in this state;

(e) Officers or employees of the state or United States duly authorized to carry a concealed weapon;

(f) Guards or messengers of common carriers, express companies, armored car carriers, mail carriers, banks, and other financial institutions, while actually employed in and about the shipment, transportation, or delivery of any money, treasure, bullion, bonds, or other thing of value within this state;

(g) Regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive weapons from the United States or from this state, or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for target, skeet, or trap shooting, while at or going to or from shooting practice; or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for modern or antique firearms collecting, while such members are at or going to or from their collectors' gun shows, conventions, or exhibits;

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

<snip>

I stand corrected. I will now exercise these rights while engaged in such lawful acts.
Went fishing 2 weeks ago in Lake Walk-In-Water and kept my G17 concealed all day long.

I think i'll print this out and carry it w/my Fishing, Hunting and Concelaed permits.

Learn something new every day, thanks NC!

HS1
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:53:27 AM EDT
not to derail, but a while back someone posted info/link that outlined Fla. milita standards or definition of. it was something like 18-50 able,, blah blah... if it stands that way wouldnt A) be a loop hole then, we would all be eligable for open carry

not tryint to get caught,in trouble,in jail or such just my brain tryin to wake up this Am!
Top Top