Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 4/29/2011 1:03:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2011 1:06:05 AM EDT by RLH]
So appears that the politicians that are suppose to represent us have done us in again.

So I have been thinking, how much would you be willing to pay to Open Carry?
Would you be willing to pay double what the Conceal Carry is?

I know we shouldn't have to pay a damn thing; but we all know that isn't the reality we live in.

Knowing how our money grabbing, two faced, power hungry Represenatives are...
I think an additional fee for an Open Carry license might buy / persuade them.

Think of the the "new revenue" it would generate!

Please forgive me for thinking like a sell-out politician.

I need to go shower, I feel dirty and guilty.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:53:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2011 3:45:50 AM EDT by bfips]
Ya maybe a special OWB holster tax.

With all due respect sir...
ARE YOU HIGH?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:16:55 AM EDT
No I wouldn't be willing to pay any more than I am currently forced to pay for exercising my right to bear arms.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:39:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By America-first:
No I wouldn't be willing to pay any more than I am currently forced to pay for exercising my right to bear arms.

this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:19:44 AM EDT
You should not need a permit to own or carry.

The right of the people to keep (to own) and bear (to carry) arms shall not be infringed.

Infringement - Act so as to limit or undermine (something).
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:49:51 PM EDT
I feel it is a travesty that we have to pay the State to exercise what is a US Constitutionally protected right, as well as a right guaranteed in the Florida Constitution.
CCW is a cash cow for Florida.  Proof is that they tie it to every other use of a gun now days.  Carry in State Parks?  CCW holders only.  Right to bear a firearm in your car at work?   CCW only.  The list goes on from there.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:49:26 PM EDT
Not willing to pay any more. Period.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:14:17 PM EDT
I agree with all of you.

I guess Open Carry is a dead issue in my lifetime.

Our Liberties should be on the "Endangered List"
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:50:20 PM EDT
1776 Land of the Free

(void where prohibited, many restrictions apply)
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:42:15 PM EDT
While I have no desire to OC, I support fully those that do; however, I ain't willing to spend another nickel to do so OR support an increase in the (already illegal in my opinion) CCW permit renewal fee.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:44:53 AM EDT
Open Carry should be legal. Even though I would nine out of ten times conceal carry I am for supporting the law abiding citizen in his or her personal choice in how they wish to carry a firearm for their own self defense. They have already proven to the political masters in Tallahassee that they are good people by going through background check, attending a safety course, paying the processing fees, and be willing to pay ever seven years to "renew" a permit that allows them to do something that is within their legal constitutional rights as an American Citizen.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:57:59 AM EDT
Why would I or anyone else be willing to pay extra money to the Govt. to OC
I like my money and I am still not a beleiver of sharing my money with everyone else
Top Top