Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 7:15:51 AM EDT
Provided concealed carry will still be prohibited without a license, I guess this means that the printing law that was in our favor is now against us. Used to be it was argued that if you were printing it wasn't concealed. Printing was acceptable a while later on as legit conceal carry.

Now that the open carry law is hopefully going to be passed it seems like this will work against us. If so much a shirt covers an open carry weapon it could automatically be regarded as concealed and still be plainly obvious to a police officer. Before being acceptable it would work for us as being openly displayed since it was printing.

Just some food for thought.

BTW: How exactly is the bill written? Is it killing CHLs all together? I somehow doubt the state would suicide that little cashcow.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Provided concealed carry will still be prohibited without a license, I guess this means that the printing law that was in our favor is now against us. Used to be it was argued that if you were printing it wasn't concealed. Printing was acceptable a while later on as legit conceal carry.

Now that the open carry law is hopefully going to be passed it seems like this will work against us. If so much a shirt covers an open carry weapon it could automatically be regarded as concealed and still be plainly obvious to a police officer. Before being acceptable it would work for us as being openly displayed since it was printing.

BTW: How exactly is the bill written? Is it killing CHLs all together? I somehow doubt the state would suicide that little cashcow.
View Quote

There is not "the" bill.  There are several bills and each approaches this differently.  I suggest you start by reading the bills.  ;)

And the CHL program costs more to administer than it takes in fees.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is not "the" bill.  There are several bills and each approaches this differently.  I suggest you start by reading the bills.  ;)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then all the better to simply get rid of it. As for reading? Haven't looked for them just yet. I was under the impression there was only 1.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Then all the better to simply get rid of it.
View Quote

CHL is needed for a lot of things, Reciprocity, NICS Bypass, School zone exemption among others.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine if they advertised CHL like they do food stamps!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Imagine if there was no CHL period and no ''permission'' was needed to exercise your second amendment rights...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Imagine if there was no CHL period and no ''permission'' was needed to exercise your second amendment rights...
View Quote

That would not sit well with GD...

We need a bar to entry to keep people we don't like from havin GUNS!!

</sarcasm>
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top