Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2020 12:26:45 AM EDT
Planning on being in Arkansas for some camping and overlanding in a few weeks. I googled Arkansas carry laws, but I wanted to get some direct clarification.

I have a FL CCP, but it's my understanding you guys have constitutional carry, right? And you allow open carry without a permit as well?

Appreciate any help.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
AR recognizes/honors your FL CCP, you are good to go.

We moved here from WA state (where I had my CPL) in April 2019, I let it expire last April and have been constitutional carrying (concealed) since then.

ETA: I am not a lawyer or a LEO.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
We are constitutional concealed/open carry due to case law.

The Arkansas Appeals Court decided so in Jamie Taff v. State of Arkansas: (“[I]n general merely possessing a handgun on your person . . . does not violate § 5-73-120(a) and may be done if it does not violate other laws or regulations.”). Under the clear language of section 5-73-120(a), the possessor of a handgun must have an unlawful intent to employ it as a weapon against a person in order to make that possession a criminal act.

Link: CR-18-353
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the responses!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top