Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
From the articles it seems like there was a fight of some sort, not sure where lethal force is due
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#3]
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/10/05/police-officer-shaun-david-lucas-arrested-charged-with-murder-in-connection-to-jonathan-price-slaying/
The dead man's family says there is video that the Chief was not happy to see.

Hearsay says Wolfe City PD had 3 officers and a $119k annual budget, to answer my previous question about why such a small town had a PD at all.

Edit: forgot to mention that the situation and the vigil last night got a lot of coverage in the GD Riot thread.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems like small communities, regardless of population, have a right to fund a local P.D. if they are not satisfied with what the county can offer.  It's called local control.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:10:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#8]
That'll be convenient.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That'll be convenient.
View Quote

Right
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Considering Wolfe City is not even in Collin County, is the officer being held there?
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Considering Wolfe City is not even in Collin County, is the officer being held there?
View Quote

He was moved to Collin County jail because he had a relationship with the other jail.  I think he was a jailer before he was PD too.

As a interesting part of the story if looks like he hired the same lawyer that defended Amber Guyger.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was a jailer in Hunt County for 5 months before his 6 month career as police.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He was moved to Collin County jail because he had a relationship with the other jail.  I think he was a jailer before he was PD too.

As a interesting part of the story if looks like he hired the same lawyer that defended Amber Guyger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decent looking women get light sentences, he's not a decent looking woman so hope he's got a better strategy
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Collin County sheriffs department in case things get spicy tonight.

https://www.broadcastify.com/webPlayer/32806
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just noticed that the link is currently offline.  How convenient.  Opspec wise, probably a good idea.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I just noticed that the link is currently offline.  How convenient.  Opspec wise, probably a good idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Collin County doesn't lack the resources to handle these folks
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#17]
It looks like the libTurds have been pretty active, locking out the American Contingency social media pages.

Anybody have any updates or intel on upcoming stuff?
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#18]
This Twitter and Facebook censorship about the Hunter Biden emails shows how vulnerable communications are.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This Twitter and Facebook censorship about the Hunter Biden emails shows how vulnerable communications are.

https://preview.redd.it/vvzg4tyrm3t51.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=cb9fd30cb34de997e5396579dbdf73fda69f913a
View Quote

@mPisi thanks!

I agree regarding your statement about the vulnerability of comms - the libs have worked themselves into a position where they have overwhelming control over not only the narrative, but individual postings. Not really sure how to dig our way out since they are so entrenched in control of social media.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm going to use the Q word. Been relatively quiet this week. Has the word spread, democrats are afraid the moderate dems won't come to the polls if there's riots and looting afoot?

Even the shingle mountain protest last Monday was pretty weak. They made a deal with one of the constables to dump everything in a dumpster. They came with about a dozen potato sacks with maybe 10lbs of shingles.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm going to use the Q word. Been relatively quiet this week. Has the word spread, democrats are afraid the moderate dems won't come to the polls if there's riots and looting afoot?

Even the shingle mountain protest last Monday was pretty weak. They made a deal with one of the constables to dump everything in a dumpster. They came with about a dozen potato sacks with maybe 10lbs of shingles.
View Quote

Ah man you done it now, the boogeyman is on his way lol

But seriously, I am hoping it stays mellow and there’s no reason it shouldn’t, they seem to be keeping their paid agitators on a leash
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't go to Downtown Dallas or Deep Ellum. Don't go there. Don't drive through that area. Don't conduct business there.

https://www.facebook.com/DallasTexasTV/posts/160063342423121

That's the reason why. Too much street crime, fighting and robbery going on with no law enforcement. Watch the video till the end when one individual pulls a handgun.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't go to Downtown Dallas or Deep Ellum. Don't go there. Don't drive through that area. Don't conduct business there.

That's the reason why. Too much street crime, fighting and robbery going on with no law enforcement. Watch the video till the end when one individual pulls a handgun.
View Quote

A friend of my wife just moved out of a nice loft condo in downtown Dallas due to the constant violence recently.

Link Posted: 10/19/2020 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be fair, that 7-11 and a McDonalds not far from there have been trouble spots for the last 30 years.  This is a nightly occurrence, especially on weekends.
Lower Greenville is about as close to downtown as we go. The Kessler is starting live music up again but I'm not comfortable there because of the parking situation.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought you were chained to a tree or something out by the lake?

I saw that pop up on a liberal FB page last night, and once it was clear who was involved, it vanished. I had to go hunt down the source.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I saw that pop up on a liberal FB page last night, and once it was clear who was involved, it vanished. I had to go hunt down the source.
View Quote

Not a treehugger! If you are talking about WRL and malfeasance at the hands of ONCOR.

In Deep Ellum alone, seven people were shot, one fatality, and eight handguns were recovered from three crime scenes over three consecutive days. Can't go there. No one should.

Link Posted: 10/19/2020 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not a treehugger! If you are talking about WRL and malfeasance at the hands of ONCOR.

In Deep Ellum alone, seven people were shot, one fatality, and eight handguns were recovered from three crime scenes over three consecutive days. Can't go there. No one should.

View Quote

Already had dealings with ONCOR about 5 years ago, lost 3 big trees in the fence line.

I'm going to replant at some point with like Arizona cypress, they smell like cat piss if you rub up against them.

They closed 2 car washes on Loop 12 and while that may have *slightly* improved that part of town, that's just scattered these groups to new parts of town. As long as it's someone else's problem. I was on the phone with our DPD neighborhood officer this morning. I still believe it's pay for play and there are protected operations.

Link Posted: 10/19/2020 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#28]
What's the attraction of car washes?
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They closed 2 car washes on Loop 12 and while that may have *slightly* improved that part of town, that's just scattered these groups to new parts of town. As long as it's someone else's problem. I was on the phone with our DPD neighborhood officer this morning. I still believe it's pay for play and there are protected operations.

View Quote

The car wash closures just spread the hookers out more. I was down off Buckner and 175 yesterday afternoon and saw at least ten whores in a three block stretch. Property crimes, UUMV and car breakins are super high right now. It's all sliding backwards in a very bad way.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The car wash closures just spread the hookers out more. I was down off Buckner and 175 yesterday afternoon and saw at least ten whores in a three block stretch. Property crimes, UUMV and car breakins are super high right now. It's all sliding backwards in a very bad way.
View Quote

A few weeks ago, 310 was closed, blocked off by police. My dad went out to talk to the officers to find out what was going on. He was told some pimp threw his girl out of the car and ran over her repeatedly on the highway sometime in the early morning. Dad said the cop seemed visibly upset, so something obviously gruesome took place. I never found a news story to back it up. Even had a friend of mine, whose wife is a producer for a local station inquire about it. Nothing. Crickets. The usual suspects? Or another enterprise that generates enough cash to keep everyone greased? I dunno.

I've had other people mention to me about prostitutes running out of that area, one specific motel. I don't know, I don't worry about the prostitutes as much as everything else.

I see a lot of activity in that Fruitdale neighborhood, it's nothing to jump a fence, bust a window out of a car and take whatever you want. Fences mean zero. I've tried finding a place I feel semi-comfortable to walk into and buy a Dr Pepper. Ain't found it yet. Drive to Hutchins.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to NE Dallas lately?
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What's the attraction of car washes?
View Quote

The car washes provide a place to park, hang out, act like a car is being washed, sell drugs, use drugs, sell hookers, buy hookers, collect video evidence of crime at the car wash, socialize with locals, settle disputes with locals, rob people looking for a place to wash their car, car jack people looking for a place to wash their car, repair or service your car, and wash your car.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Go to NE Dallas lately?
View Quote

Right?  I was over at Centerville and 635 yesterday.  The growth in the homeless encampments along 635 from NW HWY to LaPrada is crazy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Right?  I was over at Centerville and 635 yesterday.  The growth in the homeless encampments along 635 from NW HWY to LaPrada is crazy.
View Quote

I have not been on that stretch of 635 for a long time.
We used to eat at a cajun place close to the Skillman/Audelia area. Last time over there a few years ago was an eye opener.
A bartender we know worked a bar near Skillman/635. After two nights he realized why the other managers quit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Miss Oak Cliff!

My last dealing with that area resulted in one of my crews work vans getting cleaned out of tools and equipment. Good thing the ladders were locked down.

Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Miss Oak Cliff!

My last dealing with that area resulted in one of my crews work vans getting cleaned out of tools and equipment. Good thing the ladders were locked down.

View Quote

So in 30-40 years, it goes from a decent place to live to a place you don’t want to drive through. There are pockets coming back, but there’s still a way to go.

I drove around RedBird mall this morning. Almost unrecognizable. At one end they are building apartments and there’s a new Starbucks, Footlocker and Champs. That’s all nice. They rest?

Richardson is probably on the slide.

How long until Allen and that mall turn down? 30 years? Then everyone who wants something decent will have moved some place else.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Attachment Attached File

Some acquaintances of yours were out here this morning. They sent a cute friendly young lady out here with an arm brace to inform us. I wasn’t rude, but pretty stern. Supposedly they are sending an arborist out here to discuss it with me, but I doubt anyone will show.

My experience is you’ll get a bunch of guys who don’t speak English who just start chopping shit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/166748/856993B7-4852-42F9-B51E-4282091AC0D0_jpe-1648127.JPG

Some acquaintances of yours were out here this morning. They sent a cute friendly young lady out here with an arm brace to inform us. I wasn’t rude, but pretty stern. Supposedly they are sending an arborist out here to discuss it with me, but I doubt anyone will show.

My experience is you’ll get a bunch of guys who don’t speak English who just start chopping shit.
View Quote

Do you have a big transmission ROW near your property or is it the standard power line? Both butcher up stuff.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Do you have a big transmission ROW near your property or is it the standard power line? Both butcher up stuff.
View Quote

I have it on both ends, but they aren’t cutting the transmission row this time. They butchered that 5 years ago.

They are cutting across the front where I have 3 phase coming in. One white oak is going to need to be trimmed substantially, but I don’t want it stumped. Damn tree is probably older than the power line.

There’s another white oak that might see a little trim and a black walnut limb that we were looking at cutting anyway.

But I’ve lost way too many trees this year. I had a monster white oak die that I’m going to have to hire out removal and another huge pecan that got uprooted in a storm.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So in 30-40 years, it goes from a decent place to live to a place you don’t want to drive through. There are pockets coming back, but there’s still a way to go.

I drove around RedBird mall this morning. Almost unrecognizable. At one end they are building apartments and there’s a new Starbucks, Footlocker and Champs. That’s all nice. They rest?

Richardson is probably on the slide.

How long until Allen and that mall turn down? 30 years? Then everyone who wants something decent will have moved some place else.
View Quote

Hard to say what happens to Allen.

30 to 40 years ago, I worked in small audio video shops around DFW. Redbird was shit then. The stores there got robbed constantly. Oak Cliff was dangerous to my knowledge. The company I worked for at that point wouldn't open a store in the rental price range they could afford.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Release from Downtown Dallas Inc about plans for election day:
October 28, 2020

DDI Members:
DDI is working closely with law enforcement, private security directors and neighborhood partners to prepare for potential unrest tied to the national election. We are unaware of any credible threats and local officials predict a peaceful election in Dallas. DDI will deliver accurate, real-time information and advocate for the highest levels of safety for all in our community. I am sharing with you an overview of information and guidance we have to date*:
•The Dallas Police Department is working with state, local and federal partners to support election site security and accessibility.
•All sworn Dallas Police personnel will be required to be in uniform and maintain a constant state of equipment readiness during the election period in case the need for an immediate response emerges. Response and Mobile Field Force Teams have been identified and are refining their training.
•The City of Dallas will activate the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
•As a supplemental resource, we will increase the number of DDI Security officers per shift before, during and after Election Day and will be in constant contact with law enforcement. We will also continue the enhanced ENP (off-duty Dallas Police) program implemented last month and the DDI Clean Team will operate at maximum staffing.  
•DDI will also continue providing real-time emergency response alerts via the DERT (Downtown Emergency Response Team) system, social media and emails, and collaborating with neighborhood and district organizations in and around Downtown.  Please continue to utilize our dispatch at 214-741-1151 or the See Say Now app (on Android and iPhone) to report safety or maintenance issues to our field teams.
•If you are implementing preparedness strategies for your building/property, please share those plans with Martin Cramer, [email protected], so we can best coordinate all of our resources.
Many of you are understandably concerned about protecting your property, businesses, and employees. We encourage you to remain attuned to accurate information and have resources ready for activation. We do not want to create a perception of an "unsafe Downtown" by prematurely boarding or barricading property.  We have worked so hard to reopen Downtown, maintain confidence in the market, ensure safety for our community, and allow the heart of our city to be the epicenter of peaceful public discourse for all. We can all continue to cultivate a positive environment.

To that end, you may have seen DDI’s recent “We Are Downtown” campaign, including pole banners, window graphics, and social media promotion, encouraging support of our businesses and inspiring community pride. Additional window graphics and signage are in production as we speak. We encourage you to work with our team to help spread this message.

All DDI management will continue to be active 24/7, communicating with law enforcement and private security, and remaining available to answer stakeholder calls immediately.

We can’t predict the future, but we can influence the outcome by being alert, prepared, and positive.

Thank you for your continued dedication to Downtown Dallas.

Together, We are Downtown.

Sincerely,
Kourtny Garrett
President & CEO
Downtown Dallas, Inc.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Release from Downtown Dallas Inc about plans for election day:
View Quote

Been trying to think ahead on this. In football, you don't run the same play every time, because the opposing team is expecting you to run that play and is making it's own plays to counter your techniques.

I expect to see something new. Maybe not downtown even. A distraction move? What new plays do you expect to see?

I've already seen a rumor that all the car guys will be out Halloween night with the typical street blockages and racing and whatnot. It could also be a probe to see how the local police will respond. 200 national guard won't be worth shit if they are all downtown and unarmed and say something goes on at Northpark or SMU or Lakewood. Especially if DPD has been told to stand around with their hands in their pockets.

Be ready for the unexpected.

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Lets hope for an uneventful election day.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#45]
New update from DDI.  Carefully trying to stay woke while realizing their business owner clientele have different interests.  Bold text is in the original.

As an update to our message from October 28th about this week's public safety plans and preparations, we have provided additional information below to ensure you have the most up-to-date information.

The Dallas Fusion Center, Joint Terrorism Task Force, and the Dallas Police Department Intelligence Unit, in partnership with the Texas Department of Public Safety and federal partners, are in contact with each other around the clock as they monitor all intelligence streams for possible threats to our region. Significant operational planning has been conducted to account for potential unrest, as well as to ensure DPD is positioned to support a safe environment for those wishing to express their First Amendment Rights.

At this time, the intelligence community is unaware of any threats to the region, including the central business district.

Many of you are understandably concerned about protecting your property, businesses, and employees. We encourage you to remain attuned to accurate information and have resources ready for activation. We do not want to create a perception of an "unsafe Downtown" by prematurely boarding or barricading property.  We have worked so hard to reopen Downtown, maintain confidence in the market, ensure safety for our community, and allow the heart of our city to be the epicenter of peaceful public discourse for all. We can all continue to cultivate a positive environment.

We will reach out IMMEDIATELY if we become aware of any threats or changes to known events.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#46]
^ A 19 year old SMU student was murdered, gunned down in the street by people he did not know in Downtown Dallas this past weekend. No one should be going to Downtown Dallas or Deep Ellum. It is super dangerous downtown right now. Don't go. Don't go.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Some pics from downtown:
https://www.centraltrack.com/in-advance-of-election-downtown-dallas-is-boarding-up/
Reddit comments on this article gave me cancer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
^ A 19 year old SMU student was murdered, gunned down in the street by people he did not know in Downtown Dallas this past weekend. No one should be going to Downtown Dallas or Deep Ellum. It is super dangerous downtown right now. Don't go. Don't go.
View Quote

I avoid that area always
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#49]
There are Helicopters flying around already Downtown Dallas. Many buildings boarded up. No obvious shenanigans yet but the air seems thick. Ill keep y'all posted.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There are Helicopters flying around already Downtown Dallas. Many buildings boarded up. No obvious shenanigans yet but the air seems thick. Ill keep y'all posted.
View Quote

Helos must be private, none of the City or DPS birds are up.  DPS fixed-wing are out in Amarillo or Big Bend.

Keep posting any reports here.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top