Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2011 5:48:07 PM EDT

Well I have been a free man for over a year now.  I do like PA for the most part.  My state allows me to have the option to carry a firearm for self defense.  I can buy ammunition without a license.  No more NJ PPP, NJFID, 30 day wait between hand gun purchase.  
Freedom is great.  However it does have it's pit falls.  I work in a small gun shop.  Every day I get people in form NJ and NY/NYC.  I am asked what does it take to buy a gun in PA:
"I hear all I have to is pay cash"  People get upset when I tell them their state's firearms laws follows them.
"What do you mean I can not buy this handgun I am a cop in NYC" as he flashes me his badge.  
"What if I have a Sulfolk carry permit can I then buy this handgun."
"If my cousin comes in he lives in PA can he buy this hand gun for me?"
"Can a .380 kill a bear?"
"I am a cop in NJ, can I buy this AR?" He points to a M4 clone, with 30rd mag, telestock, flash hider, bayonet lug.  He gets very up set that I cant sell it to him.  He then shouts "Well I am cop and I think you are wrong."  I tell him about the NJ Assault Weapon's ban, and the number of features  that you can and can not have.  He wants to know where I got my information from.  I hand over a copy of the law printed off the NJSP Firearms Investigation Unit's web site.  I tell him "it can be found in your book on New Jersey statutes you may want to read it sometime."
"Can you run my back ground I want to see if I can buy a gun"  Sir/Ma'am you will have a better idea of what you history is.  We do not just run back ground checks.
"I have had 4 DUIs can I buy a gun? FYI  If you are imprisoned in PA for more then 365days you are considered a felon.  
PA has plenty of it's own trash too.
OMG! I never had to deal with 99% of that shit in the shops I worked while I lived in NJ.    I almost miss people having FID cards as it pre qualified buyers.  
In short I love being out of NJ.  There is more to this country then NJ.  Get out when you can.  I carry 24/7.  Some parts of PA are great some parts of PA are shitholes. I still want to go out west AZ is still in the works I just do not know when.
Now here is what I have collected in my year of freedom.  Not pictured is my GEMTECH Halo as I am waiting on the ATF to approve my form 4.  At least 30+ "standard capacity" magazines, and my sling shot!

I will never live in NJ again, I will only visit.
Oh one last thing 98% of the people from NYC are trash.

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
... Oh one last thing 98% of the people from NYC are trash.

Isn't that why they got kicked out of our HTF a couple of years ago?

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
for someone who lives in a state that doesnt require handgun permits i'd figure you'd have more handguns.. we're in america and we're all cowboys. lol
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

for someone who lives in a state that doesnt require handgun permits i'd figure you'd have more handguns.. we're in america and we're all cowboys. lol

Oh I have more hand guns, these are just what I got in the past year.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:54:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate you and your M1 Carbine. So have you Debanned any rifles yet?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I love that Ithaca 37.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I hate you and your M1 Carbine. So have you Debanned any rifles yet?

Well all the ARs have flash hiders now.  I still have my fixed stock on my M4 clone as I really do not need a collapsible stock.  It is a stubby stock with a KAC 1" spacer.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

HA!
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well I have been a free man for over a year now.  I do like PA for the most part.  My state allows me to have the option to carry a firearm for self defense.  I can buy ammunition without a license.  No more NJ PPP, NJFID, 30 day wait between hand gun purchase.  

Freedom is great.  However it does have it's pit falls.  I work in a small gun shop.  Every day I get people in form NJ and NY/NYC.  I am asked what does it take to buy a gun in PA:

"I hear all I have to is pay cash"  People get upset when I tell them their state's firearms laws follows them.

"What do you mean I can not buy this handgun I am a cop in NYC" as he flashes me his badge.  

"What if I have a Sulfolk carry permit can I then buy this handgun."

"If my cousin comes in he lives in PA can he buy this hand gun for me?"

"I am a cop in NJ, can I buy this AR?" He points to a M4 clone, with 30rd mag, telestock, flash hider, bayonet lug.  He gets very up set that I cant sell it to him.  He then shouts "Well I am cop and I think you are wrong."  I tell him about the NJ Assault Weapon's ban, and the number of features  that you can and can not have.  He wants to know where I got my information from.  I hand over a copy of the law printed off the NJSP Firearms Investigation Unit's web site.  I tell him "it can be found in your book on New Jersey statutes you may want to read it sometime."

"Can you run my back ground I want to see if I can buy a gun"  Sir/Ma'am you will have a better idea of what you history is.  We do not just run back ground checks.

"I have had 4 DUIs can I buy a gun? FYI  If you are imprisoned in PA for more then 365days you are considered a felon.  

PA has plenty of it's own trash too.

OMG! I never had to deal with 99% of that shit in the shops I worked while I lived in NJ.    I almost miss people having FID cards as it pre qualified buyers.  

In short I love being out of NJ.  There is more to this country then NJ.  Get out when you can.  I carry 24/7.  Some parts of PA are great some parts of PA are shitholes. I still want to go out west AZ is still in the works I just do not know when.

Now here is what I have collected in my year of freedom.  Not pictured is my GEMTECH Halo as I am waiting on the ATF to approve my form 4.  At least 30+ "standard capacity" magazines, and my sling shot!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/M1-Matt/ARFCOM/Picture499.jpg
I will never live in NJ again, I will only visit.

Oh one last thing 98% of the people from NYC are trash.

Good to hear you're doing OK.
I hope to leave NJ in the near future, I am currently looking at land in and around White Haven, Pa.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Stupid people are every where !!!!!!!!!!

Cant fix STUPID !!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Stupid people are every where !!!!!!!!!!

Cant fix STUPID !!!!!!

Words to live by!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#11]
yea Stupid is everywhere, but you can't compare PA to NY or NJ in the same breath ever in a Milliion years.

i don't see any NFA there dude. and change that stock to a collapsable, your doing PA an injustice leaving it on....its immoral.
its actually against PA Law and Religion...LOL...your encouraged to FILL your mags to Proper Capacity. that's 30. or 100 in a Cmag.

some people don't know the laws, some are scammers some just ignorant, just tell them.
some of that can even be Bloomburg type stings...

they can still buy the handgun...and pay all the cash they want... then transfer it to thier dealer in whatever state.
i Never found any pitfalls in PA. and found way more trash and arogant  scumbags in NJ
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#12]
That's great, Matt. It must be nice to live in America. After reading that, I am left with a burning question.

CAN A .380 KILL A BEAR?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's great, Matt. It must be nice to live in America. After reading that, I am left with a burning question.

CAN A .380 KILL A BEAR?

Sure can.

You shoot the bear, he eats you and the handgun. Handgun gets stuck in his intestine, and he dies.

Voila! Dead bear from a .380.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#14]
lol, i read that somewhere else...
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#15]
How is the Gray Hound beast Mitchel doing?
You came up in conversation last night at the beer and wings get together last night.
We miss ya bud!

RW3

Wana is doing great...
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

How is the Gray Hound beast Mitchel doing?

You came up in conversation last night at the beer and wings get together last night.

We miss ya bud!

RW3

Wana is doing great...
Mitchell is doing fine.

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#17]
lol, that is awesome.. my dog sleeps like that too. looks similar. greyhounds are awesome..
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 6:22:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Mine does that too, expects a tummy scratch !

Link Posted: 8/7/2011 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#19]
This is now a dog thread. Post your GH, Ray.

Sorry Matt, couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is now a dog thread.

http://www.dogjudo.com/

yes, it's nonsense... but, i don't have a dog.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice Matt, rub it in.  You know I didn't start a thread when I landed in UT and what's in the safe.  
I'm telling LionDog on you.
<––––––––––––––––––––––-  With the time I got back from not commuting 2+ hrs someone finally got the time to certify in multiple disciplines by the NRA.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:36:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll see who get's the last when 98% of NYC escapes NY and moves to PA.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll see who get's the last http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=2420 when 98% of NYC escapes NY and moves to PA.

Thank god PennDot has a plan to block off all the exits with trucks in Eastern PA and force them out west!  Enjoy Ohio!

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I say blow the bridges and tunnels let them have conneticutt....but then I am in south jersey and we feel the same way about NNJ
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#25]
OP: Good for you man, congrats on the move... I have family in the Phoenix area and have been out there quite a few times, open carrying my XD45, you can drive around with your AR loaded in the seat next to you with "standard capacity" mags (granted there are no minors in the vehicle) it is an amazing feeling to be treated like a free man. A little hot for my taste I would have to be up the the mountains if I ever moved out there. Best of luck to you and your journeys!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top