Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/7/2006 5:38:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:43:05 PM EDT
Great! I'll be listening and supporting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:46:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:10:50 PM EDT
That's great news, Tom has my full support.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:17:13 PM EDT
That's great news. As a Life Member, one of my votes goes to Tom!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:45:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:54:05 PM EDT

Welcome Tom. I look forward to chatting with you on the boards.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:12:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:16:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:56:27 AM EDT
Roger.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:33:51 AM EDT
WELCOME ABOARD AND THANKS FOR FIGHTING FOR OUR RIGHTS
YOU WILL GET MY VOTE
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:11:18 AM EDT
www.nysrpa.org/nrabod-tking.htm

Thomas H. King, 2006 Nominee for NRA Board of Directors

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am honored to be nominated for a position on the National Rifle Association Board of Directors. I need your help to be successful in securing this position and to further protect and expand our 2nd Amendment rights in New York State.

This is a national election and I will be running against candidates from all over the country. New York is the media capital of the world and as this state goes so goes the nation. We have made progress. Since 2000 we have stopped all anti-gun and anti-hunting legislation. We won the battle against Gov. George Pataki to reinstate the shooting sports in the Empire State Games in 2002 and statewide renewable pistol licenses and increased fees in 2004. We have successfully elected pro-gun candidates to state and local offices and we have removed anti-gun incumbents. Now it is time to turn things around. To that end, NRA and NYSRPA (as the NRA State Affiliate) are going on the offensive. In the coming months we will be proposing pro-gun legislation that will repeal onerous laws while expanding the right to concealed carry.

Here is a brief outline of my qualifications:

* Nominated by NRA Nominating Committee
* Patron member of NRA
* Life member of NYSRPA
* NYSRPA President 2000 - Present
* NYSRPA Legislative Director 1997 - 2000
* Serves on NRA Clubs & Associations Committee
* Co-founder RPA-PAC
* NRA-certified firearms instructor
* Lifelong hunter and competitive shooter
* Most importantly through 37 years of marriage my wife and I have introduced our two children and two grandchildren to hunting and the shooting sports

Please elect me to the NRA Board of Directors. The ballot will be in the January issue of your NRA magazine. Take the time to complete the application and mail it in. Thank you for your support.

Tom King
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:44:21 AM EDT
I have two important questions to ask Tom, should we start another thread for questions and keep this one as a welcome mat?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:20:02 AM EDT
good to hear.... push forward!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:38:24 AM EDT
I see that he is dedicated to expanding 2nd amendment rights in NY state (of course, he is a NY native), but what about us poor souls in Jersey? Is he committed to the fight over here, as well? NY and NJ are brothers in this battle.

If there should be a QA thread, please let me know and I'll repost there.

Again, I'm glad an ARFCOMer will be attempting to take this spot, as it ensures that someone who knows the mind of the recreational shooting community at large will be fighting for us (not just ARFCOM, but all gun owners).
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:41:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 11:38:35 AM EDT by rkbar15]

Originally Posted By GoingIncognito:
but what about us poor souls in Jersey?

All you Joisey guys should move to NY and help us save our rights. Don't forget we have preban AR-15's, no 15rd mag limits with preban mags, no FIDs, NICS bypass with PL, hollowpoints, smoothbore pistol AOW's and CCW. Oh yeah in NY you can posses a switchblade knife while hunting/fishing as long as you also have a hunting/fishing license.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:58:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:

Originally Posted By GoingIncognito:
but what about us poor souls in Jersey?

All you Joisey guys should move to NY and help us save our rights. Don't forget we have preban AR-15's, no 15rd mag limits with preban mags, no FIDs, NICS bypass with PL, hollowpoints, smoothbore pistol AOW's and CCW.

Why don't all you NY'ers move down to Joisey and help us save OUR rights .
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:43:55 PM EDT
I've meet Tom and he is a long time supporter of our rights in NYS and he does a great job
as head of NYSRPA. He's been many times to Camp Smith (where there's a HP league and
the NYS Championships are shot) and he even took the SAFS class a couple of
years ago. I say %100 endorsement!

Lloyd (been hiding in my cave lately) Jr.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:05:25 PM EDT
What is Tom's position on NFA weapons?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:00:55 PM EDT

Tom King, who will go by Tom_King here, is the current President of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association. He is a long-time friend of mine and Brian's from B&J Guns. Tom has also been a long-time fixture in the capital where he has fought on behalf of ALL gun owners, not just the hunting wing of the right to bear arms movement. Tom played a role in fighting the New York State Assault Weapons Ban, believes in the repeal of the National Firearms Act to allow law-abiding citizens to own Class 3 firearms and is an advocate for National Concealed Carry. After spending much time with him, I feel confident we will be in good hands with Tom fighting for us.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:03:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:14:38 PM EDT
H-R, if he's having login problems make sure he isn't blocking cookies from ar15.com (or jobrelatedstuff.com if that's what he is using) to log in with.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:15:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:26:44 AM EDT
I heard Tom on NRA news yesterday on Sirius. Sounds like a good guy and deserving of our support.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:39:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ACDer:
I heard Tom on NRA news yesterday on Sirius. Sounds like a good guy and deserving of our support.

Damn, the one day I don't listen to the Patriot channel ...

Anyway, Tom has my vote.

Good job Hiram.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:57:07 PM EDT
I take it Tom is an active (and hopefully vocal) supporter of the National Right-to-Carry bill?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:14:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:49:17 AM EDT
Thanks .
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:22:23 AM EDT
Thanks for the kind words and introduction. I apologise for my late response to many of the best wishes. Please anyone who would like to contact me off line feel free to call 518-424-1349

Tom King
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:24:29 AM EDT
What are the questions?

Tom
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:26:29 AM EDT
I'm committed to the fight through out the U.S. and I work very closely with Scott Bach the president of the NJ Association who is also a member of the NRA BOD

Tom
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:27:26 AM EDT
Why don't we all work together to save all of our rights
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:29:14 AM EDT
I want one!

Tom
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:31:33 AM EDT
Yes, I am an active supporter of National Right to Carry. I'm tired of applying for out of state permits.

Tom King
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:46:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tom_King:

Hi Tom!
I'm with you! We need a guy from the Northeast who can speak loudly for our needs. I may be wrong, but it seems to me the NRA has had it's attention focused elsewhere while NY and NJ have been dipped deeper into gun-grabber hell. This may not be the case, but it sure seems like it.

As a member, you have my vote! I'll start spreading the word at the local ranges and firearms dealers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:38:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thirsty:

Hi Tom!
I'm with you! We need a guy from the Northeast who can speak loudly for our needs. I may be wrong, but it seems to me the NRA has had it's attention focused elsewhere while NY and NJ have been dipped deeper into gun-grabber hell. This may not be the case, but it sure seems like it.

As a member, you have my vote! I'll start spreading the word at the local ranges and firearms dealers.

Thirsty,

I hear that all the time but it really isn't so. The NRA spends more money in NY than almost anywhere else. There has never been a real co-ordinated effort until the last 2-3 years. We have had some victories but nothing like what we are planning for the future. NY & NJ are unique states and we should discuss this sometime not too far in the future.

Tom
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:07:05 AM EDT

Thirsty,

I hear that all the time but it really isn't so. The NRA spends more money in NY than almost anywhere else. There has never been a real co-ordinated effort until the last 2-3 years. We have had some victories but nothing like what we are planning for the future. NY & NJ are unique states and we should discuss this sometime not too far in the future.

Tom

I look forward to that discussion, Tom. I really didn't know the NRA spent so many resources here. That might be one myth that should be addressed. Thanks for setting the record straight!
-Thirsty
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:28:49 AM EDT

I look forward to that discussion, Tom. I really didn't know the NRA spent so many resources here. That might be one myth that should be addressed. Thanks for setting the record straight!
-Thirsty

I second that! Can you share more with us, Tom?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:26:32 AM EDT
That was my question to you Tom,

What are you planning to do for us New Yorkers in the way of gun rights as president of the NRA? You will be at the wheel of the largest gun lobby in America. Please be as specific as you can in you answer.

Also, do you have any promotional material (signs, pamphlets, etc...)?? I would love to help you by putting some out at my local gun club. (1000+ members = 1000 + votes)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:29:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By P400:

-Thirsty

I second that! Can you share more with us, Tom?

Yes, the NRA has a lobbyist assigned to NYS, (Becky Williams)and before anyone asks Blonde 5'5" tall and she looks a little like Meg Ryan. So, OK there are some perks that go along with this job. Now back to the facts, NYS has one of the largest NRA memberships nationwide and we contribute a lot through "Friends Dinners", mailings and donations. Big dollars come back to the state via the NRA Foundation for range improvements, education ad the such. The political dollars come through NRA-ILA which is the political action committee of the NRA. They are involved in the lobbying and legislation. The NYS Rifle & Pistol Association is also set up in this manner. Anyway, NRA-ILA contributes many dollars to political campaigns, email alerts and mailings to members and concerned groups regarding proposed or pending legislation.

I hope I've answered a few questions but in closing let me say I also felt we were abandoned until I got involved and so the effort the NRA puts in this state. I'm going on vacation next Wednesday but I'll try to post a synopsis of the political realities in NYS and how the legislature really works. In closing I'll say the first two questions asked when I introduced myself after becoming President of the NYSRPA were: How many votes do you have? and How much money do you have?

Tom King
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:32:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:

I want a Grease Gun
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:54:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 10:56:52 AM EDT by rkbar15]

I want a Grease Gun

Here you go:

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:08:57 AM EDT

I'm going on vacation next Wednesday but I'll try to post a synopsis of the political realities in NYS and how the legislature really works.

That would be greatly appreciated by many of the regular posters here. I am fortunate to be represented in the NYS Assembly by Will Stephens who is a supporter of the rights of lawful gun owners in NY.

BTW, most of us are NYSRPA members and many of us contribute to the NYSRPA-PAC.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:21:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZW17:

What are you planning to do for us New Yorkers in the way of gun rights as president of the NRA? You will be at the wheel of the largest gun lobby in America. Please be as specific as you can in you answer.

Also, do you have any promotional material (signs, pamphlets, etc...)?? I would love to help you by putting some out at my local gun club. (1000+ members = 1000 + votes)

I'll only be on the Board of Directors not President. You can go to www.nysrpa.org and download a copy of my brochure. The things that need to be down in NYS are too umerous to be answered right here but I would love to start another string and discuss some of these items. You may not like some of the things I'll say because many of the problems we have as gnowners in NYS are of our own making. We allowed the situation to get to a critical point with very little opposition.

Tom King
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:24:40 AM EDT

I want a Grease Gun

Here you go: www.lincolnindustrial.com/images/grsegun.jpg

That must be a new model I don't see the vertical magazine or sliding stock.

Tom
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:26:38 AM EDT

I'm going on vacation next Wednesday but I'll try to post a synopsis of the political realities in NYS and how the legislature really works.

That would be greatly appreciated by many of the regular posters here. I am fortunate to be represented in the NYS Assembly by Will Stephens who is a supporter of the rights of lawful gun owners in NY.

BTW, most of us are NYSRPA members and many of us contribute to the NYSRPA-PAC.

Thanks, for that I am very appreciative. It scares me how much money it takes to do the right thing in NYS>

Tom
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:49:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZW17:

I'll only be on the Board of Directors not President. You can go to www.nysrpa.org and download a copy of my brochure. The things that need to be down in NYS are too umerous to be answered right here but I would love to start another string and discuss some of these items. You may not like some of the things I'll say because many of the problems we have as gnowners in NYS are of our own making. We allowed the situation to get to a critical point with very little opposition.

Tom King

I am sorry Tom, I meant Board of Directors not President. That would be great if you started another thread so we could get deeper into the subject.

<--- Pround member of the NYSRPA, NRA, SCOPE.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:39:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:54:08 PM EDT
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/226/tomkingavatar1ob.jpg
How's this? If you want a different look or need it smaller for pixel restraints I can do that too. Let me know.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:03:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:13:20 PM EDT
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2108/tomkingavatar28km.jpg
Here is the revision.
Let me know if it works.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top