Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 11:15:33 AM EDT
I went out there today and talked to the guy guarding the pit (he works for the logging company), and he said they're shutting it down for good after they are finished logging it.  
He said it's because of all the trash being left there.  I have a sneaking suspicion he's blowing smoke but I'm going to call the sheriffs office moday and find out.  He said the sheriff was indiscriminately handing out $250 littering tickets to people who were out there just before they shut it down.
I ALWAYS police my area after I shoot but there are a lot of jack-assess who dump their crap and leave their targets.  If the shut down of the Waddle Creek pit is true I saw it coming long ago.  

Are there other pits or places near the capitol forest to shoot?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
We got a sniff of this on the ws-shooters email list over a week ago.

I was just chatting with the Capitol Forest field folks yesterday and they notified me the the timber harvest behind the Waddell/Triangle pit is going to get started.  In fact I believe they began on Wednesday afternoon.

Anyway, what that means is that the pit will be closed on and off for the next 2 months
or so.  The contractor will do his best to have it open on the weekends and it may very well be open during the week from time to time as well.  The area will be signed when it is closed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Scott Robinson

Pacific Crest District Manager
Washington Dept. of Natural Resources
Office: 360.740.6807
FAX: 360.748.2387
E-mail: [email protected]

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are there other pits or places near the capitol forest to shoot?

Forest is filled with them, what are looking for and where you coming from?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Forest is filled with them, what are you looking for and where you coming from?

I'm coming from Olympia and I'm lookng for something similar to the Waddle pit: at least 70yards and a good backstop.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info Phil, I'll contact Scott instead of the sheriff's office.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]

The constitution is for all people-- religious or not.  But, I'm glad Adams recognizes the difference between morality and religion.

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
something similar to the Waddle pit:

Next nearest one I can think of is near the old intx of the D Line and the E Line. The pit has been remediated but you can still shoot there. Follow the D line past all the campgrounds, the pit is before you hit the turn for Camp Wedekind.

There are others but they're not as easy to give directions to.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The constitution is for all people-- religious or not.  But, I'm glad Adams recognizes the difference between morality and religion.

Well, if you're going to hijack my thread I guess I better sound off.

“Religious” doesn’t mean much today. There are many religious people including the ones who attacked us 9/11/01.
Without a doubt though, it is written for and can only be maintained by a moral people.  Unfortunately moral standards are FAR from what they were in Adam's day. All morals are based on something, and good ones are based on the God whom inspired the [religious] FF's to write the constitution.

The constitution is not for the Gov. of just any people.  It can only be appreciated, maintained and reciprocated by a people who love it, and chances are those types of people collectivly have good morals.
On the other hand, those who are immoral simply ride the constitutions coat tails and enjoy the benefits (spreading immorality), until the benefits are exhausted and no one is left to maintain it. They could care less and "Do whatcha like" or "Do what feels good"     until they see chaos and opression coming their way, then it's to late.
Kind of like the lazy squirrel who never gathered for winter.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Unless I'm wrong - It's state land.
The logging company can't shut it off it they
wanted to.
How about the State?  Would they shut it down?
Well - they have yet to regulate any pro/con
shooting in the State Forests that I know of,
and the best they could do is gate the road
which wouldn't do much, considering it's a M/C
haven and all sorts of ATV/ORV's all over the
place - and the shooters would just find the
roadside bend.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:51:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The logging company can't shut it off it they
wanted to.

Yeah, they can when they get the contract to log in that area, as a safety measure.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#10]
You're correct.  I was referring to :

"I went out there today and talked to the guy guarding the pit (he works for the logging company), and he said they're shutting it down for good after they are finished logging it.
"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top