Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/17/2007 10:39:29 PM EDT
Deputy AG Larry Goya, the state's advisor to HPD on firearms law, advises me per phone conversation today that he has prepared communication on the subject of the older, 3hrs range /3hours class affidavits given to LIFE graduates the first 3 years of our existence, and that he has prepared a letter in response to my inquiry. He says he has to circulate it to his superiors, and then will forward it.

The language that passed with ACT 53, 1997, changing the hours to 4/2 at our request, advises that: "SECTION 3. This act does not affect rights and duties that matured, penaties that were incurred, and procedings that were begun, before its effective date." It's our position that this wording grandfathers the 3/3 affidavits.

Mr. Goya is unable to tell me his conclusions until he gets approval from his superiors (the AG and the Governor's staff are his bosses).

Our alternative, will be a lawsuit to pursue the case. We have a plaintiff.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:49:27 PM EDT
Is there a lawyer doing this Pro Bono? or is HRA helping the support of the lawsuit?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:45:06 PM EDT
I know the guys at the Firearms window are still not accepting the old affadavit because just last week we had to print and notorize a new one for one of our customers at Magnum. They told him the old one wasn't good enough.

Top Top