Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2008 6:27:19 AM EST
Anyone planning on going?

Anyone been before?

This will be my first year going seeing what anyone else thought of previous ones?
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 8:26:48 AM EST
Kinda cheezy. I may still be up for it.

Have you ever been to the Delaware Saengerbund Oktoberfest? Best on the East Coast by far!
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 10:29:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By HUMONGO:

Have you ever been to the Delaware Saengerbund Oktoberfest? Best on the East Coast by far!

No, never been to it.

Link Posted: 10/9/2008 4:31:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By ACOGless:

Originally Posted By HUMONGO:

No, never been to it.

Fucking amazing.

I'll post a thread next year.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 2:04:08 PM EST
Blob's Park is no more.
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 3:04:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By ColonelHurtz:
Blob's Park is no more.

Awww!

I haven't been up there in 25-30 years.
We were going to take the kids.
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 3:57:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2008 3:57:50 AM EST by ACOGless]
Well I went and it was a pretty good time and a pretty large crowd, most time spent in a beer line was less than 5 minutes. Most of the time I was able to walk right up with only 1 or 2 people ahead of me.

I thought it was a bit expensive though considering.......... $25 to get in for a plastic cup and 6 beer tokens which equaled 3 beers and then $10 for 10 tokens if you wanted more. Essentially cost $2 per beer after you already paid $25....... o well it was fun.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:13:06 AM EST
Went there last year and it was a rip-off. Very expensive, the cups were small, not enought beer vendors, and all crammed together. Beer ran out at 4pm and no refunds allowed, and they were still ushering people in the door.

My friend got security called because he asked the main guy if they were getting anymore beer and if not can he have a refund for the $30 in tokens we just bought. Security was even like throw him out for what? No we weren't drunk because it took so long to get a little cup of beer and they were expensive.

It might have been better this year but there are much better alternatives for less money to go to.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 9:20:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By mike128:
Went there last year and it was a rip-off. Very expensive, the cups were small, not enought beer vendors, and all crammed together. Beer ran out at 4pm and no refunds allowed, and they were still ushering people in the door.

My friend got security called because he asked the main guy if they were getting anymore beer and if not can he have a refund for the $30 in tokens we just bought. Security was even like throw him out for what? No we weren't drunk because it took so long to get a little cup of beer and they were expensive.

It might have been better this year but there are much better alternatives for less money to go to.

Yeah they didn't run out of beer this year as far as I know, I did not stay until 8pm when it ended.. I was there for probably 6 hours though. And the lines weren't too long but yeah like I said it was relatively expensive and the cups were pretty small considering .
Top Top