Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 7:07:19 AM EDT
Are there any restrictions on carrying at the Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia at an Eagles Game?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK Weapons are not allowed in the stadium. Everyone gets patted down at the entrance.

GO EAGLES!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#2]
there's no law, but they can refuse to admit you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#4]
unless your a cop leave it at home
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Well, actually I am, but what does that matter?  I consider myself a civvy when not working and ask for no special priviledges.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:  I consider myself a civvy when not working and ask for no special priviledges.

well thats a rarity among ppd without a badge chances are you wont get in,even with one you might have a problem
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Allow me yo offer my own opinion: carry your fucking gun.  Better to take your chances having to walk back to the car then take your chances getting caught without a gun when you need it.

Just this tuesday my friends were nearly involved in a shooting in south philly.  They were at a jazz club and they had just returned to my friends apartment, they were walking to his apartment and 8 shots were fired around the corner.  black male came running around the corner and down an alley.  If they were 20 seconds earlier parking they would have been around the corner and in the line of fire.  None of them carry, but imagine if one did and they left their gun home not wanting to carry it into a crowded club.  Would feel pretty stupid if they were targeted.

Anywhere you can legally carry your gun, even if it means being sneaky, carry it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I only stayed until halftime.    

I left my piece in the car.  A quick pat down on the sides was all they did.  I could have carried on the ankle, pocket or small of the back with no problem.  

Oh yeah, I was asked to take off my hat.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to respond late but weapons of any kind are not permitted.  Also it is written in the rules for season ticket holders that if someone violates the rules with your season ticket, even if you're not at the game, you can lose your right to your tickets if they chose to do so.  Keep this in mind if someone has graciously given you tix as a gift.  You don't want them to lose their license or right to purchase tickets for soemthig you did.  

That being said, you can get a weapon in easy, you just have to be selective of what line you go through to be searched.  Some people take their jobs more seriously than others
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Allow me yo offer my own opinion: carry your fucking gun.  Better to take your chances having to walk back to the car then take your chances getting caught without a gun when you need it.

Just this tuesday my friends were nearly involved in a shooting in south philly.  They were at a jazz club and they had just returned to my friends apartment, they were walking to his apartment and 8 shots were fired around the corner.  black male came running around the corner and down an alley.  If they were 20 seconds earlier parking they would have been around the corner and in the line of fire.  None of them carry, but imagine if one did and they left their gun home not wanting to carry it into a crowded club.  Would feel pretty stupid if they were targeted.

Anywhere you can legally carry your gun, even if it means being sneaky, carry it.

Are all your friends profesional victims ? Didn't some get mugged last year on campus?

When the regular season opens they get alot tougher on security. You will lose your season tickets, you will be kicked out of the stadium and arrested if caught inside and risk having your CCW revoked. It's not worth it and there is no reason to carry in the stadium.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are all your friends profesional victims ? Didn't some get mugged last year on campus?

When the regular season opens they get alot tougher on security. You will lose your season tickets, you will be kicked out of the stadium and arrested if caught inside and risk having your CCW revoked. It's not worth it and there is no reason to carry in the stadium.

That was uncalled for and would be consider trollinghere

too bad
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#13]
" There's no reason to carry in the stadium" and you couldn't  possibly need it walking back to your car in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#14]
To my way of thinking, carring in a stadium is like carring in a bar.....a bad idea!  The only possible reason would be if you took the subway to the field.  Even then, the Express trains are all Eagles fans.  Just leave your Dallas shirt at home and you'll be fine!

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No, none of my friends were mugged on campus last year.  There were over half a dozen muggings reported on the campus, some were people i knew but were not friends with.  My roommate was nearly assaulted by a large maglight weilding africal america  off campus but managed to scare the would be attacker off with a lucky feint (went for his hip and the guy ran away, he was not carrying so he lucked out)

As for the stadium:

You can loose your season tickets (if you have seson tickets).  You can get kicked out of the stadium.  However, you have broken no laws so there is NO possibility of having your permit revoked.  Learn the law before you open your mouth.

I sure you could be arrested if the philadelphia police department was interested paying for your early retirement.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
To my way of thinking, carring in a stadium is like carring in a bar.....a bad idea!  The only possible reason would be if you took the subway to the field.  Even then, the Express trains are all Eagles fans.  Just leave your Dallas shirt at home and you'll be fine!

Regards,
Gary

Because you can't get rolled in the parkiung lot?  Cant get carjacked on the way there or the way home.  You seem to forget that philidelphia has one of the highest violent crime rates in the country.  Secondly, carrying to a bar is not a bad idea either.  Drinking while carrying is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#17]
The stadium is private property. If they post a sign "no weapons" and you enter with a weapon it's criminal trespass. I guess if you run off at the mouth you have to carry everywhere you go.

BTW I work for the Federal Government and I know the laws and I see more people like you goto prison because of their loose interpretation of the law. Your constant diarrhea of the mouth is going to get you in trouble.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The stadium is private property. If they post a sign "no weapons" and you enter with a weapon it's criminal trespass. I guess if you run off at the mouth you have to carry everywhere you go.

BTW I work for the Federal Government and I know the laws and I see more people like you goto prison because of their loose interpretation of the law. Your constant diarrhea of the mouth is going to get you in trouble.

I could be wrong but from how I understand it is a business can post a no weapons sign but it has zero legality behind it.  You can still legally carry but if you are caught carrying and are ask to leave and do not leave then you can be arrested.  There is nothing they can do if they catch you carrying and you leave after being caught.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

First off, even if they could get you on criminal trespass, there is no provision in PA law making that grounds for revocation of a your CHP.

Secondly

(b) Defiant trespasser.--

1. A person commits an offense if, knowing that he is not licensed or privileged to do so, he enters or remains in any place as to which notice against trespass is given by:
        ii. posting in a manner prescribed by law or reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders;
  2. Except as provided in paragraph (1)(v), an offense under this subsection constitutes a misdemeanor of the third degree if the offender defies an order to leave personally communicated to him by the owner of the premises or other authorized person. An offense under paragraph (1)(v) constitutes a misdemeanor of the first degree. Otherwise it is a summary offense.

Alright, so if they do wiggle their way into that summary offence they can nail you with....a ticket.  That's right, if you agree to leave when personally asked the worse they can do is fine you.  Either way it's gonna be a hard sell as there is no manner prescribed by law for a "no weapons sign"  I'd like for you to describe the size and shape of this sign to me so i can establish what "reasonably likely means."  I would assume it would have to be at least as clearly visable as those placed around courtrooms (i.e. visible at every public enterence)

Basically we're talking about "oh, sorry, i didn't see the sign" if you get caught.

Worst case, you're gonna get a ticket and you're gonna have it thrown away when you challenge it in court because it's obvious that you weren't there to cause any trouble and it was an honest mistake

Quoted:
I could be wrong but from how I understand it is a business can post a no weapons sign but it has zero legality behind it.  You can still legally carry but if you are caught carrying and are ask to leave and do not leave then you can be arrested.  There is nothing they can do if they catch you carrying and you leave after being caught.

As you can see WMHM, it's a little more complicated, but not much.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#20]
i looked on the lincs websight about their weapons policy

Prohibited Items And Behavior
In conjunction with the National Football League and out of concern for the safety of our Guests and employees, the following are prohibited:

among others were "Fireworks, Firearms and Weapons of any kind"

the penalty for violation?

"Violators of the rules...will be refused admission, asked to leave or ejected from stadium property."

Let's play the "Does this make sense" game

You carry a gun to a football game, you somehow get caught.  You are charged with criminal trespass.

Now, lets do that with other prohibited items and behavior on that list

You bring some good beer to a football game because miller light just won't cut it.  you somehow get caught.  You are charged with criminal trespass.

hold on, that doesn't make sense.  why would they do that?

You are going to a football game in winter and bring some hot chocolate in a thermos, thermoses are prohibited items, you somehow get caught.  You are charged with criminal trespass.

Wow, that would be rediculous.

It's a rainy day and you bring an umbrella to the football game, umbrella's are prohibited and you somehow get caught.  You are charged with criminal trespass.

Are these guys retarded?

You yell "team x sucks ass!." Profanity is prohibited under the same policy and you somehow get caught.  You are charged with criminal trespass.

Wow, these guys are nazi's!

So, for violating the same policy, why would they seek criminal charges against you for legally carrying a handgun as a law-abiding citizen?  That would be descrimanatory, wouldn't it?  I'd say so. These people obviously have something against law abiding citizens such as you and I if they would seek not only to eject you but to prosecute you for a violation under the same policy that includes prohibiting "Signs or Flags on sticks or poles" and "Strollers"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top