Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 2:04:51 PM EDT
Seems to be a lot of you guys that know WAY more than me about FALs.

What is THIS and is it worth the metal it's made of?  The price scares me a bit (why so cheap?)
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The price is low and always will be because it is Century Arms. It may or may not run ok and you probably could get it to run if it doesn't, but it will still always be a CAI gun. Hopefully it wouldn't cost you what another parts gun with a good Imbel receiver would cost you by the time you do get it running.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You'll have a hard time selling it later.  Buy an IMBEL or if you have the money to poney up for the DSA, go that route IMO.

Im just the opposite I like the Imbel logo over a DSA logo but that is just me. Even DSA's have had a few problems but they got a life time warranty. The first FAL I got was a CAI built with a Imbel logo. I got 6-8" groups at 100 yards off the bench. But it did shoot every time I pulled the trigger. After putting a new barrel on it, HTS, and fixing it up it was just as good as any other.

This will have a CAI built receiver a Imbel receiver is worth about what they are asking for the hole CAI FAL.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The majority of Century guns will run ok. Bear in mind, they're parts guns, just like a third of the AR's on the boards. However, some of the CIA guns are abysmal. Not a bad price on the one you noted. The downside is, you can't FF it before buying. Don't run away screaming just because it's CIA. But, get one locally. That way, you can look it over in 3D and, hopefully test fire it before forking over the old Mastercard. As His Kneedraggedness said, it'll still be a CIA, which will keep you from buying an island in the South Pacific when you sell it later on.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys...That's what I figured....Time to look at plan B
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks guys...That's what I figured....Time to look at plan B

Plan B

Go with plan

CMP
Garand Baby!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Century uses semi trained monkeys in thier plant.  I used to have a Century Cetme.  I had it for about 4 months before I got rid of it.  Too many ftf, fte  ect.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#8]
My FAL is a Century and runs like a top. I look at Century purchases as a calculated risk and make sure that I can tackle the known issues that other's have encountered with the rifles before purchase. I don't get them for investments, just for blasting. If the wife wouldn't kill me I'd get that one too. Here's my family pic, the FAL is reclining  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:10:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I had been thinking about one of those for  .secondary / blasting / shtf  /  etc.

buy it cheeeep & WECSOG it  enough to get it running properly, ?

What y'all think?

, in case of another alien mutant  zombie tannerite turkey attack at  LCR .

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Sooooooooooooooo, I hear DSA may come out with a G1 receiver.....just a rumor, of course...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sooooooooooooooo, I hear DSA may come out with a G1 receiver.....just a rumor, of course...

Word at FALfiles is that they just shipped some. They do a run every now and then. These could be due to the new G1 barrel they are bringing out.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I had been thinking about one of those for  .secondary / blasting / shtf  /  etc.

buy it cheeeep & WECSOG it  enough to get it running properly, ?

What y'all think?

, in case of another alien mutant  zombie tannerite turkey attack at  LCR .

that was my reasoning
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought a CAI G3 from a former local WAHTF member.

We took it to the range, it ran like a top, and I got it.

To answer the initial question, Id have to agree......

Quoted:
Not a bad price on the one you noted. The downside is, you can't FF it before buying. Don't run away screaming just because it's CIA. But, get one locally. That way, you can look it over in 3D and, hopefully test fire it before forking over the old Mastercard.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I bought a CAI G3 from a former local WAHTF member.

We took it to the range, it ran like a top, and I got it.

To answer the initial question, Id have to agree......

Quoted:
Not a bad price on the one you noted. The downside is, you can't FF it before buying. Don't run away screaming just because it's CIA. But, get one locally. That way, you can look it over in 3D and, hopefully test fire it before forking over the old Mastercard.

+87
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#15]
The only thing I really know about FALs is that I really need one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice looking FALlows you guys are.

Meet my only .308

Mr. HK

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Meet my only .308

Mr. HK

www.hunt101.com/img/387302.JPG

DUDE! Peach colored walls? It might be time to renew your man card....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meet my only .308

Mr. HK

www.hunt101.com/img/387302.JPG

DUDE! Peach colored walls? It might be time to renew your man card....

Man card is intact and well laminated. As the walls are light tan brown colored, but thanks for the home decor info Martha  ( j/k )
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I would be inclined to think it is a POS because it was pictered as a CAI gun. CAI being Century Arms International. My son bought a CAI L1A1 a while back and it truly was a piece of shit. It was put together with a bunch of mis matched parts and it wouldn't hold a group. I put CAI in the same catagory with Hi-Point. Stay away from that shit unless you have money to burn!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top