Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 7:10:55 AM EST
Hi folks, your friendly neighborhood ARFC LEO, "thecleaner" here with some legal updates for ya.

There's a couple regarding some new CCW laws you guys would probably like to aware of (if you're not already). I decided to include the many other legal updates along with it for general info. Lord knows I'm sooo lucky to run into many "law experts" out there (especially when they're drunk). Thought it would be nice of yours truly.

Now, very quickly; "We" meaning that every LEO across the state USED to get these updates semi-regularily. I personally liked getting these. But as I circled, the state is discontinuing them, which I think is a shame not to mention a disadvantage to folks out there.

Anyways. BUSTOFF, with the on-going PIT gripes, I thought the red highlighted bit about ranges might be of interest to you. Now whether it applies to our gig in Lapeer is not known if this new law is applicable. But, there ya go.

Hope these are helpful to you guys.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:28:17 AM EST
thanks for the info, sorry to hear they stopped the bulletins, they were a good opportunity to stay current.
I've been retired a few years, but wonder if the prosecutor or state has a LEO or public site for legal updates
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:46:40 AM EST
cannot post hours of operation at the pit because it is not a range, only a game area.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:29:46 PM EST
Thanks for keeping us posted on the police law bulletin Cleaner. Technically the pit is not a state park or in a state park so it would not apply. But shooting hours could be set for the pit by other means and in the form of a posted sign if need be.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:03:38 AM EST
OK, question about PA 39-40. The way it is worded is confusing. Does that mean it is a crime to have a scanner only if the crime you are commiting has a penalty of 93 days or more? Or is 93 days or more the penalty for having the scanner in the veh while commiting a crime? I am only curious about it in regards to speeding being the crime. Any Input?
Top Top