BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 10:15:58 AM EDT
my spirited defense of the fine peoples of the British Empire here
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
ThanksI more or less wanted to make you guys aware of the thread so you could defend yourselfs.After all,your not frenchies needing someone to take up for you
I just dont get the attitude though.We dont have many true friends left in this world,so lets alienate our oldest and closest one
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
my spirited defense of the fine peoples of the British Empire here

arise sir colklink
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to reply to this in GD.

I ain't going to rise to the bait, what I will say is that some individual's seriously need to start getting over themselve's.

@ colklink, cheer's budy, if you ever get to Bavaria, Germany. Send us a PM and I'll buy you a beer.

Tony
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Colklink,
I think it's time to make you an Honorary Brit

Mark
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey Colklink,

Mark

Oh yea,I so love that movie,Dog Soldiers.I watch it like once a month
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Colklink,

Mark

Oh yea,I so love that movie,Dog Soldiers.I watch it like once a month

"I hope I give you the shits"

Good movie

Mark
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#8]
That GD thread went :-

From bad, to worse, to f'ing bone..........
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#10]
But the papers report all the truth, give a balanced view and don't sensationalise.
I'm right aren't I?

What else will I have to believe in? God forbid I have to make up my own mind!

Colklink, KBE. You'll get my vote.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:30:55 AM EDT
[#12]
If i believed everything I read about America and posted it here....

Imagine the shitstorm to follow

Taffy
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:34:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But the papers report all the truth, give a balanced view and don't sensationalise.
I'm right aren't I?

What else will I have to believe in? God forbid I have to make up my own mind!

Colklink, KBE. You'll get my vote.

That's a point, must go and lock the back door and lay out the weaponry in case I get slaughtered tonight...

...must be true, the US NRA said so.

You have to understand though,its not personal,they are just trying to raise money here to save our rights.I could see where you could get pissed being used as an example of what to not let happen though.I would guess the gun control groups in Great Britian probably use the US to raise money and further their agenda over there.I hope so,I wouldnt mind
Andy

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:32:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You have to understand though,its not personal,they are just trying to raise money here to save our rights.I could see where you could get pissed being used as an example of what to not let happen though.I would guess the gun control groups in Great Britian probably use the US to raise money and further their agenda over there.I hope so,I wouldnt mind
Andy

Too late, it's already happening, slowly and stealthily. Take a look at San Francisco - jeez, those guys did it to themselves, You've got no hope if the majority of the citizens in your state/town don't want guns. Ours was forced upon us by the Government, doesn't make it any better though.

The problem with shooting in the UK (and maybe in most other countries in the west) is that the majority will never shoot a gun, and don't really want to. These are the people that are easily persuaded that guns=crime=death of a child. We need to invite a non-shooter to the range every so often and show them that we are not all killers in training, and educate them that we do have a responsible place in society.

[rant mode off]
Matt
Good luck and fight the good fight.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Matt

You hit the nail on the head...The  mass majoriity of the general public have absolutely  no idea about shooting sports at all.
In fact, most people just assume that all guns have been banned already or that you're some sort of nutter. I still  get the occasional "Michael Ryan" jibe by people at work/friends, etc.

Having said that however,  in my experience a lot of people would readily take up the offer of  'having a go' if asked.

We can only improve the situation by doijng something positive ourselves. I find that many 'shooters' are just too apathetic about doing anything to improve their lot.....(don't get me started on the consultation paper...)

Maybe our New Years resolution should be for us all to make a concerted effort to introduce a friend to shooting  during 2006 ?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top