Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 6:09:17 AM EDT
We talked about this some last year but it never came to pass.  Now being halfway through the summer, and I haven't even been camping or to the lake even once yet, it's time to get on the ball.  

Anyone in with me?

I was thinking that a trip with one of our northern AL brothers who like to ride down rivers and such might have a good idea of where and what to do, but any other suggestions are welcome.

The only areas I can think of is some public land up in the Morris/Mt. Olive area, but I'm not very familiar with it, I just know it's there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
sadly unless i am on vacation i pretty much HAVE to be in radio and cell range 24x7

i have PLENTY of camping space if anyone would be interested in doing it at camp slayer. we could train as well.

that sounds like a fine idea as well.  Throw out some dates
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagged.  
I'll be moving in on the 10th and 11th, and I should be free on weekends.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there a Marriott nearby?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:42:58 AM EDT
[#6]
If ya'll have it down closer to this aprt of the coutnry, I'm definately game.  I was trying to put together something like this last year with some folks that I know, but to no avail.  I doubt I could make it to a north AL event cause it's just too cotton picking far.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I just started a new job and the hours are a bit strange.
I now work 3- (12) hour shifts
FRI
SAT
SUN
.....but I'm off.....
MON
TUE
WED
THURS

anybody want to go camping during the week???????.......in North AL?

Ghostcat
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:08:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Ghostcat, you have an IM.

Rick
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in if at all possible.  The more survival related the better.  I'm for total wilderness!!!

Balming
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]
School just started for me, won't have as much  time as before but weekends are mostly open this coming one until October. GGhostcat, wife & I were wondering where you were, id this the job in Tuacaloosa? I can do up to twelve folks on a Sunday on the water anytime. Rick03a3, san alligator yesterday where we went in the backwaters off Cotaco creek. Was in the connecting part between the creek and the backwaters. The real narrow part.

rk
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Rick03a3, saw alligator yesterday where we went in the backwaters off Cotaco creek.

rk

Betcha most folks won't believe that we have 'Gators' in N. Alabama!   How big was it?

Rick
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
axl,
Nah, this is the job in Huntsville just over chapman mtn. I'm about 10-15 min. away from where they rent canoes on the flint river. The guys at work tell me its a pretty swift current. We'll have to check it out sometimes. The only problem with this job is that its WEEKENDS!!!!!!!.....ggggrrrrrr..
but I have 4-days off during the week. That means alot of kayaking and camping by myself......except I think Rick might go yaking with me when he gets a boat.
Hey, I need to get up with you so I can return that book you let me borrow. I have really enjoyed reading it.......I have learned alot.

GhostCat
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:56:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Ken & I go on the Flint regularly. Low water sucks, high water is dangerous due to the creek being narrow and fast with trees blocking the channel. Fall break is 10 - 14 October, Ken and I will spend a couple of days on the Elk again. Have room for anyone who wants to go. Again, I can host a Sunday all day trip for up to 12-15 folks most anytime.

rk
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#14]
tagged....
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Sounds fun, but of course too far away.  Plenty of areas down here if anyone wanted to organize something.

By "survival night", just how primal and uncomfortable do you plan to get?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top