Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 3:01:01 PM EDT
where are the Turkey Shoots? I haven't seen signs for any since I moved here. They are(used to be) all over the place in SC...We could go clean house!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
How do they work? I haven't seen signs for them in years. It always reminded me of Sgt York
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You go, you shoot turkeys, you take home a turky for dinner....

just kidding...you shoot at paper targets and either most shots on the '10' ring or closest wins. Shotty action! They supply shells, you supply gun.

It is a lot of fun.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Around here in Georgia you stand up and shoot. All the Carolina ones I been to you got to lean on a bench. They stopped the one near my house last year. Same place forever but they built houses near it. Even though they stopped by 10 and were not shooting towards the houses every was "Scared for the children.". Why with them bullets flying around it might kill someones child was the reason.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw one listed around here the other bay but Im not sure where
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
if someone konws where one is ,Do they allow those Marlin "goose guns"? my father used to use one for turkey shoots several years ago.  the reason I ask is if you have never seen one it is a very long barrel 12 ga. ( maybe 4 foot long) I still have it!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:28:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't want some dumb-ass redneck drooling tabacco on my shotguns.  

But it's ok at the FOP shoot and with your AR's huh?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#9]
So what I am getting here is a whole lotta nuthin'...dammit, I want to win a free turkey...a ham would be fine too.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#10]
The best I can find for you is this,

www.turkeyshoot.net/Houses/houses.htm#GEORGIA

Google is your friend
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top