Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2010 5:15:24 PM EDT
Just to let y'all know all of the major company's in conus onshore oil drilling have told my boss that they are looking at a ten year oil drilling boom in south Texas.  So if anyone is thinking about trying to get in the oil industry now is the time.  Lots of company's cant get enough people.   CDL hotshot drivers are about to be in big demand come the first of the year.  We have heard of lots of drilling rigs coming in from outa state to get in on it.  the boom is from san antonio south by south west.  Just thought i would let y'all know.
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Just to let y'all know all of the major company's in conus onshore oil drilling have told my boss that they are looking at a ten year oil drilling boom in south Texas.  So if anyone is thinking about trying to get in the oil industry now is the time.  Lots of company's cant get enough people.   CDL hotshot drivers are about to be in big demand come the first of the year.  We have heard of lots of drilling rigs coming in from outa state to get in on it.  the boom is from san antonio south by south west.  Just thought i would let y'all know.
I know that they've been trying to buy mineral estates and writing gas leases south of San Antonio around Karnes County for the past 6 months.

Link Posted: 12/12/2010 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are near Victoria, Tx. Look for or get in touch with Pioneer drilling.

They are opening a new yard down there, and they are hiring anyone and everyone. Mechanics, office wokers, drivers, etc.

NOW is the time to get that job.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 5:36:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting.

Biggest Oilfield services company in the world and we are reducing the North American headcount.

I'd like to keep my eye on this, it'd be nice if we started hiring again next year.

Link Posted: 12/12/2010 5:44:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Lots of horizontal work down in teh Austin Chalk.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Bone Springs shale in the Permian Deleware basin. Cheaper to produce than the Barnette
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#6]
my company has been working in that area for almost 2 years now surveying leases and staking proposed well locations
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 3:21:47 AM EDT
[#7]
 Production and Completions Consultant.   I'm lovin' it!

Matter of fact, I'm leaving right now for Crystal City for a couple weeks!

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I work for Halliburton we are hiring like crazy and have more work than we have men for. Go online to apply.
I also met a guy at Pioneer Natural Resources  they are looking for lots of people too.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Bone Springs shale in the Permian Deleware basin. Cheaper to produce than the Barnette

True, but you have to work primarily in New Mexico.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Is this gonna be like the old West Texas roughnecks, who claimed they lived on sight, in the middle of nowhere, for months at a time, eating goat tacos?
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just to let y'all know all of the major company's in conus onshore oil drilling have told my boss that they are looking at a ten year oil drilling boom in south Texas. So if anyone is thinking about trying to get in the oil industry now is the time. Lots of company's cant get enough people. CDL hotshot drivers are about to be in big demand come the first of the year. We have heard of lots of drilling rigs coming in from outa state to get in on it. the boom is from san antonio south by south west. Just thought i would let y'all know.

Thanks, but I've been working in the Eagle Ford for almost 2 years now.  Actually, it goes from the Mexican border south of San Angelo all the way to the coast and from San Antonio south about 120 miles....but there are 'sweet spots'.

The oil patch is booming everywhere now with Oil at 85~90 bucks a barrel.

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to let y'all know all of the major company's in conus onshore oil drilling have told my boss that they are looking at a ten year oil drilling boom in south Texas. So if anyone is thinking about trying to get in the oil industry now is the time. Lots of company's cant get enough people. CDL hotshot drivers are about to be in big demand come the first of the year. We have heard of lots of drilling rigs coming in from outa state to get in on it. the boom is from san antonio south by south west. Just thought i would let y'all know.
I know that they've been trying to buy mineral estates and writing gas leases south of San Antonio around Karnes County for the past 6 months.

I know some Landmen working in Karnes County. I'm in Atascosa county, right next door. IM me and we'll have a beer.

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Interesting.

Biggest Oilfield services company in the world and we are reducing the North American headcount.

I'd like to keep my eye on this, it'd be nice if we started hiring again next year.

Big Blue?  

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Relevant color indeed.

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Lots of action between Pleasanton and George West. Anyone have any idea how long it will last?
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lots of action between Pleasanton and George West. Anyone have any idea how long it will last?

we where told about 10 years

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Relevant color indeed.

I happen to claim at parties that I work for the largest oilfield services company in the world.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top